Message Boards

Topic : 09/15 The Disappearance of Natalee

Number of Replies: 536
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, September 09, 2005, 03:42:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

It's a story that captured national attention and struck fear in the hearts of parents everywhere. Eighteen-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared during a senior class trip to the island of Aruba. Now, Dr. Phil uncovers information never before revealed.  Tune in for exclusive interviews -- some potentially incriminating -- with witnesses, suspects and their families and friends. Find out what the polygraph says about a crucial witness, and hear Natalee's mom describe how the horror of losing her precious daughter unfolded over one heartbreaking summer. Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

September 13, 2005, 12:12 pm CDT

Natalee`s DAD COmment

“We have two years to do something and gain evidence if this is a murder case. The prosecution better have the evidence to go forward to try the case or wait until they do. I do not want this to be a mock trial and there be double jeopardy if there is no real evidence. I do not want the Prosecution to jump to any conclusions because they feel they have to do something.” 

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/?p=1591 

September 13, 2005, 12:18 pm CDT

scared monkeys - DAVE HOLLOWAY

FOR ALL OF US IN SUPPORT OF NATALEE, TAKE SOME TIME TO READ THE INFORMATION ON SCAREDMONKEYS.com as well as RIEHL WORLD. THANKS............... Dave Holloway; Steady and Even Keeled by Scared Monkeys According to the Dave Holloway during my telephone conversation with him, he appeared that his thought process when dealing with the prosecution of the suspects in his daughters disappearance is to “stay the course”. Dave Holloway said to me that he was upset that Joran Van der Sloot, and the Deepak brothers were released from prison. He was a bit skeptical of the timing of the release as many eyes were turned. However, he made it very clear that this is a long race and it is not over. When asked about the case and whether things were going fast enough for him, Dave’s response was as follows: “We have two years to do something and gain evidence if this is a murder case. The prosecution better have the evidence to go forward to try the case or wait until they do. I do not want this to be a mock trial and there be double jeopardy if there is no real evidence. I do not want the Prosecution to jump to any conclusions because they feel they have to do something.” Dave Holloway was also quick to say that he appreciated all that Scared Monkeys has done in keeping the story of his missing daughter front and center and the thoughts and prayers that have been expressed. I also asked Dave Holloway about whether he had any concerns over the fact that the media is not covering Natalee’s story much any more if not at all in some cases. Dave said, “Its not about the media, it’s about Natalee. I know the news coverage comes in cycles and maybe they will come back again to covering Natalee. Some have called me and said they have not forgotten us.” Dave then went on to tell me that he completely understands the media’s pressures of covering the news and if it were not for the media in the beginning this all could have been swept under the rug. Dave then went on to say, “with or without the media we will find Natalee.” Then Dave made a rather interesting observation that was rather revealing. Red, I think that this case may be solved through the internet. There are so many people who may know others and have information to evidence. So many may have some type of knowledge that may bring a break to the case. In many respects I agree with Dave on this one as blogs have not just repeated MSM stories in the Natalee Holloway case, they have actually broke news before the MSM. Scared Monkeys has taken an active role in personally helping a family in need. What ever way it plays out lets just hope that we find Natalee Holloway. Dave Holloway’s email address is HELPFINDNATALEE@COMCAST.NET to send pertinent information to help solve the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Update: The concept of double jeopardy in Dutch law. Although there is no double jeopardy there are limitations. ” (…) But unlike the double jeopardy prohibition in the UK and the US, Dutch law allows the prosecution to appeal for a second trial if it can produce new evidence.”

September 13, 2005, 12:27 pm CDT

Our Dear Natalie

Dr. Phil, thank the Lord you are now getting involved.  I just cannot understand why they cannot search the judges property, I have a feeling Natalie may be down their well...have felt this for a long time....to the family just know our thoughts and prayers are with you all.  The Greater Judge is watching from above.....I still pray nightly that justice will be served, so stay on their backs, maybe can we do it from here.....

September 13, 2005, 12:28 pm CDT

RIEHL WORLD - DAVE HOLLOWAY

FOR ALL OF YOU IN SUPPORT OF NATALEE, PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO READ THIS, READ RIEHL WORLD as well as SCARED MONKEYS. you will find helpful information also on HYSCIENCE, JORANVANDERSLOOT.blogspot.com From Dave Holloway Comments at SM http://www.riehlworldview.com/ At SM. Just saw this and wanted to comment on it for informational purposes, only. I haven't spoken to Dave myself. The prosecution better have the evidence to go forward to try the case or wait until they do. I do not want this to be a mock trial and there be double jeopardy if there is no real evidence. There is no double jeopardy - actually I believe the opposite is the case under Dutch Law. Not only can a defendant appeal a guilty verdict, the prosecution can appeal a verdict of innocent to a court of review. I've said I wasn't abandoning this story and I'm not - but I haven't been able to find out anything substantive to report. And I continue to adher to a policy of not intruding on the family. My last contact with Dave and Robin, other than forwarding some info, was when I requested a short note to the commenters and readers here thanking them for their support. Hurricane Katrina hit right after that and I've assumed they've been dealing with other pressing issues and I haven't elected to intrude. You can find information available to offer suport to the family's efforts at the top of every discussion forum. Please consider helping then continue the search for the truth - whatever it may be. Posted by Dan @ Riehl World

September 13, 2005, 1:19 pm CDT

CHILDREN IN CAGES

I would like to express that my thoughts and prayers and support remain with the victims and their friends & family RE: Natalee, Latoya, Julie, and countless, countless others. THIS HAS TO STOP!!! EVERYDAY WE HEAR OF ANOTHER FEMALE/MALE BEING a VICTIM OF CRIME, CHILD SEX SLAVERY/TRADE, KIDNAPPED, DISAPPEARED, ABUSED, RAPED,DRUGGED BY DATE RAPE DRUGS LIKE ROHYPNOL, DATE RAPED, INFECTED WITH HIV/AIDS AS A RESULT OF RAPE, MOLESTED, MURDERED, and so on. When Oprah said" this makes me mad, this makes me so mad! " during her show on Hurricane Katrina, I could sympathize with her, Hurricane Katrina & the way the disaster survivors of Katrina were/are being treated made me MAD TOO! ################## And this, all these victims of these crimes, makes me JUST as mad and wanting to help! #######################ALL OF THIS HAS TO STOP & WE HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO HELP & LEND SUPPORT#################### THEN I READ THIS ARTICLE, AND THIS TOO MAKES ME MAD, MEANING WANTING TO HELP & LEND SUPPORT! Children Found In CagesHmmm ... www.riehlworld.comWAKEMAN, Ohio – Sheriff's deputies removed 11 children from a home where they were locked in cages less than 3½ feet high, authorities said.The Gravelles said a psychiatrist recommended they make the children – ages 1 to 14, with conditions that included autism and fetal alcohol syndrome – sleep in the cages at night.Some of the cages were rigged with alarms, Sommers said; others had heavy furniture blocking their doors. The children didn't have blankets or pillows. One of the boys said he'd slept in the cage for three years, Sommers said.Sommers said there were no apparent signs the children had been malnourished or beaten, but they were sent to a hospital for examination. Their conditions were not available Monday.

September 13, 2005, 8:50 pm CDT

RIEHL WORLD - DAVE & ROBIN MESSAGE

Dave, Robin, Beth, Jug and all - WE SUPPORT YOU & STAND BESIDE YOU. To RWV Readers, Natalee Forum Commenters and Supporters of The Holloway Family As mentioned here earlier today, this letter was in the works when Hurricane Katrina struck the South. Frankly, I requested it, not for myself, as I have received more than enough attention, email and web traffic as a result of this terrible tragedy; I requested it on behalf of the many who read and comment here, or have possibly supported the family through numerous links to donations and information. I responded with a brief note acknowledging the many thoughts and prayers I'm certain are with them, especially for having had to endure yet one more storm during this time. This ones for you, guys. Dan, Just a few weeks ago, Robin and I received an early morning telephone call from the FBI advising the Kalpoe brothers and another person were taken into custody. Our hopes for a possible resolution were at an all time high. A couple of days later, Hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast and subsequently hit our community with Category 1 force winds. Our community had considerable damage, however, our home only received minor damage. Our sister state and neighbors to the south were not as fortunate. Many lost everything! Our power was out for a number of days and we recently received limited phone service and cable. Both Robin and I were disappointed in the recent decision of the judge to release the suspects. It is almost like we are at square one again and our backs are to the wall, or, on the floor. We will have to focus on the long term and although we have been dealt a blow, the time period to file charges is two years. We desire the investigation continues until we have satisfactory evidence for the prosecutor to make a case for the charges filed. We will continue to support the efforts of the police, FBI, prosecutor and any other authority, or PERSON (s) that can assist in resolving this case. PERSON (s) will possibly be the most important piece of the puzzle! As the clock ticks, the most probable break will be from someone who was a witness, or has a tip or lead. Robin and I wish to take this opportunity to thank all of your readers and members of the forum in keeping this case active! If there is someone out there that has information, please let us know at Helpfindnatalee@comcast.net. Thanks! Dave & Robin

September 13, 2005, 8:52 pm CDT

ARTHUR WOOD & DR PHIL- INFO FOUND ON DAN'S RIEHL WORLD

Wheeling Man Investigates Holloway CaseFirst on 9Its been more than 3 months since Alabama teen Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba.Now, one of the lead investigators in the case is coming forward.Not only has he been helping with this high-profile case, but he's from the Ohio Valley.Holloway disappeared May 30th just hours before she was to leave Aruba with her high school graduating class.Since then, Wheeling native and FBI consultant, Arthur Wood, has been working in Aruba to find her.Back in June, the retired secret service man began working with the owner of the largest paper in Aruba to find Natalee, Wood believes Natalee's body is in the water.He believes Dutch authorities have orchestrated a cover-up, including evidence against the main suspect in the case, Joran van der Sloot...Wood claims pieces of evidence are missing including phone records and a belt he found in the sand dunes sent to Dutch authorities.He claims no d-n-a tests were ever done.The status of this case will be highlighted on the Dr Phil show called "The Disappearance of Natalee."You can see Arthur Wood and Natalee's mother, Beth Twitty on Dr Phil this Thursday at 3 right here on WTOV9.Shelby Zarotney, News9

September 13, 2005, 9:03 pm CDT

ANOTHER DISAPPEARANCE- PRAY FOR TAYLOR & HER MOM TOO

ANOTHER DISAPPEARANCE. NEWS FROM DAN @ RIEHL WORLD - Our thoughts and prayers are with Taylor, her family & friends. Like many of you my heart went out to her Mom, who was on Greta this evening. WE SUPPORT YOU TOO! WE HOPE TAYLOR WILL BE FOUND SAFE & SOUND - ############################## Taylor Behl Disappearance Beautiful girl, Taylor Behl. Pardon me for pointing this out - but as regards the sentence in bold below - perhaps there are additional circumstances surrounding this, but the response sounds eerily similar to that from the Aruban police in the early going of the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. Eager to begin her freshman year at Virginia Commonwealth University, Taylor Behl created an online profile and wrote that she was looking for new friends in the Richmond area. Last week, she told her roommate she was going out for a few hours. She did not come back. Behl, 17, was last seen Sept. 5, and campus officials said yesterday they still do not suspect foul play. But they are becoming increasingly concerned, and the investigation into her disappearance gains momentum and urgency with each passing day. The above is from the WaPo - registration required - here's another news item here, instead. Police said there has been no activity on her credit cards or bank accounts since she disappeared. Calls to her cell phone ring through, indicating the phone is on and the battery charged seven days after she vanished.

September 13, 2005, 9:45 pm CDT

BETH - CNN TRANSCRIPT FROM TONIGHT -

To all, for some reason I am not able to post my messages in a standard format, which is rather frustrating. I have NO trouble on other sites, but for some reason on Dr. Phil's even when I try to post, edit, etc, the entire text becomes blurred together on the actual message board. It will not allow me separate paragraphs, or do anything else in keeping with the proper format of a message/letter. ############################### So apologies and I hope this helps explain why I am forced to BOLD and use symbols to separate my feedback from relevant text/interviews/articles etc. ############################## If anyone can advise me on how to correct this problem, would be great - Many Thanks to all. NANCY GRACE/CNN - INTERV W/ BETH ########################### TO ALL PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. THIS JUDGE SMIT ACTIONS - HOW SHOCKING!!!!!!! ############################## TWITTY: You know, Nancy, there was absolutely no -- no grounds for them to be released. And I spoke with the Dutch interrogators. And even as of September the 1st, things were really progressing well, and Joran and Deepak and Satish, they had -- these young men had divided, and they were not denying a crime anymore. They were merely implicating each other. And the list of inconsistencies was presented before Judge Smit. The reasonable doubt was there. I don`t have any idea why he fled the island and then faxed a reversal decision. It just is incredible. ############################# SEE TRANSCRIPT BELOW: GRACE: That`s right. Him. Joran Van Der Sloot. He left Aruba. He`s in college now. I don`t know if he`s going to return for police questioning or not. In the chaos and the disaster of Hurricane Katrina, did Joran Van Der Sloot slip through the cracks? With us tonight, a very special guest, Beth Twitty. Beth, thank you for being with us. What is your response to these three, the three chief suspects, being released? BETH HOLLOWAY TWITTY, NATALEE HOLLOWAY`S MOTHER: Well, you know, Nancy, I was thinking, I knew there was corruption and cover-up involved. But I certainly didn`t know they were cowards either, and to hide beneath the cloak of Hurricane Katrina is just reprehensible. And you know, I think -- I think of the Dutch government, and I want to keep the focus on this political party in place, NEP (ph). I think of this judge, Rick Smit. And I can`t imagine putting the suspects` rights or the suspects, you know, before the victim of Natalee, and that why should he choose to be concerned about Joran attending university in The Hague? It just is unbelievable. GRACE: That`s why he let him out, so he could go to school? TWITTY: Well, I think that the judge was concerned about Joran beginning college and wanted to have him pursue that. GRACE: What about Natalee starting college? Is anybody worried about that? TWITTY: Evidently, they`re not. GRACE: What was the grounds? Why did they release them? TWITTY: You know, Nancy, there was absolutely no -- no grounds for them to be released. And I spoke with the Dutch interrogators. And even as of September the 1st, things were really progressing well, and Joran and Deepak and Satish, they had -- these young men had divided, and they were not denying a crime anymore. They were merely implicating each other. And the list of inconsistencies was presented before Judge Smit. The reasonable doubt was there. I don`t have any idea why he fled the island and then faxed a reversal decision. It just is incredible. GRACE: Beth, where were you when you got the news that Van Der Sloot was going to be released? TWITTY: I was in my hotel room. But Nancy, you know, here`s another example of how the defense attorneys and this judge and Paulus Van Der Sloot are running the show, because do you know that Anita and Paul Van Der Sloot were bragging to -- and Antonio Carlo were bragging to international media four and half hours -- four and a half hours -- before they had the decency to tell me. The FBI didn`t know. The American consulate didn`t know. My attorney didn`t know. You know, it just shows they`re running the investigation. GRACE: I want to go to Jossy Mansur, managing director and editor of "Diorio" newspaper. Jossy, I am stunned that these three have walked. Not only that, one`s off the island. One is back at his job at the Internet cafe, running the cash register. But Jossy, what do the residents of Aruba have to say about this? JOSSY MANSUR, EDITOR, DIORIO: You know, it wasn`t a very happy reception by the people. The people were as flabbergasted as we are that this happened, the more so because the arguments that the judge used, if that Mr. Joran Van Der Sloot expresses desires to continue his studies, and he gave that preference over everything else. GRACE: Where is Van Der Sloot now? MANSUR: He`s in The Hague, in Holland. GRACE: So he can travel freely between Aruba and other Dutch territories? He can get on a plane and just leave? MANSUR: Yes, ma`am, he can go to Holland, he can go to Aruba, Curacao, Bonair (ph), St. Martin, Saba (ph) and San Bestaces (ph). GRACE: Debra Opri, response? OPRI: I`m flabbergasted too, but let`s look at the facts. The judge is the ruler here. He said there`s no evidence to further hold him beyond that September deadline, and he released him, and he let him stay within the jurisdiction. However, my heart breaks for Beth. And if you`re listening, all I can tell you is, you may have to face the fact that you may never know what happened to your daughter. And these gentlemen, unless the guilt eats away at them at a point later in life where they eventually talk, this may, in fact, become an unsolved crime. I mean, even if -- even if that body were to wash ashore today, what`s left of it. GRACE: You know, Debra Opri, I`m not quite ready to give up on the investigation and accept that it`s all done, just because some judge makes an erroneous ruling, for Pete`s sake. You know, this doesn`t have to be the end of the story. I want to go back to Beth Twitty and ask you, Beth, is there anywhere to go at this juncture? TWITTY: Well, Nancy, I actually think there is, and I`ve had five of Joran`s statements that are printed in Dutch translated for me. You know, he states specifically in one of his statements, he prefaced it with, well, now, my third statement was not true, now here`s the truth. We drove -- I drove Natalee to my home at 1:40 a.m. on May 30th. He says he has sex with her. You know, if kidnapping -- and she`s coming in and out of consciousness when -- as he`s describing her in these statements. You know, if kidnapping and rape is not a crime within the Dutch government, well, then there is -- then the Dutch government is serving no purpose. GRACE: Beth, what do you have to say to people that suggest you just have to accept this laying down? TWITTY: Well, Nancy, I just don`t feel that we have to accept this. And you know, we`ll hopefully -- you know, hoping tomorrow that maybe some of these rulings will be appealed and that Joran could possibly be reincarcerated, you know. I just can`t give up hope on this, Nancy, because the evidence was presented before the judge -- the inconsistencies, the reasonable doubt, it was there. GRACE: Marc? KLAAS: Me? GRACE: Yes. KLAAS: Well, I`ll tell you, this is -- it`s a sleazy and corrupt system, justice system, and sleazy and corrupt systems exist all over this world. And people have to understand that if they`re going to foreign countries or if they`re sending their children to foreign countries, they`re going to be subject to the laws of those countries. And there`s very little that the United States government will do to help anybody. I think that they`ve probably helped more in this case than almost any other international case that I`ve ever been witness to. But still, she`s standing there with fewer options every day. GRACE: Beth, the way you described Joran Van Der Sloot`s statement to me is overwhelming evidence of guilt. TWITTY: Absolutely, Nancy. And Doug and Dave and I, Natalee`s father, have had knowledge of these statements since before July. But we have been so respectful of the system and trying to allow it to work. But as we`ve seen, that it, you know, this present political party in place has just failed Natalee greatly. GRACE: Beth, I`m stunned at the judge`s ruling. You talked about appeals coming up. What are they? TWITTY: Well I know that one of them is seeking for the re- incarceration of Joran Van Der Sloot. And also for the three young men to submit DNA. So of course... (COMMERCIAL BREAK) GRACE: This beautiful girl, Natalee Holloway, went missing on her high school senior trip. Last seen with three locals. They have now been released. With us tonight, Natalee`s mother, Beth Twitty. Beth, how do you keep going? That`s my question for you tonight. TWITTY: Well, Nancy, the support group in Birmingham is just incredible. And, you know, from there, it just spread throughout the world. I mean, whether in California or Florida, people are coming up to me, and they are just, you know, everyone is expressing genuine -- that their thoughts and prayers are with us, and they`re supporting us. And that`s what keeps us going every day. GRACE: Beth, do you think we`re ever going to know what happened to Natalee? Where she is? TWITTY: You know, Nancy, that will be unbelievable if we don`t know, because there are so many individuals within her -- that involve involvement with her crime that know exactly where she is. And it can be - - it can happen. They can let us know. This is not something that should be a secret there, Nancy. GRACE: You know, Beth, it amazes me that justice is left up to the possibility that one day Joran Van Der Sloot may get drunk or inebriated and tell someone what happened. That is not justice. This is not justice. TWITTY: And you know, Nancy, I keep thinking, you know, what would happen if? What would happen if Joran Van Der Sloot met the judge`s daughter one night, and she were to wind up missing the next day with all these sexual assaults committed against her? I mean, you know, people have to stop and think of the what if. And you know, when you stop and you put yourself or your daughter in Natalee`s shoes, then you begin thinking a little differently. GRACE: With us tonight, Natalee`s mother, Beth Twitty. Beth, I know you`ve heard this so many times. But our thoughts and prayers are with you still and with Natalee. TWITTY: Thank you, Nancy.

September 13, 2005, 10:14 pm CDT

"the evidence was destroyed by those that know how to work the system".

Posted by: letsbefair | Sep 13, 2005 10:25:24 PM on Dan's Riehl World. ############################# All of us can form our own opinions about a bloggers feedback. Regarding the following from letsbefair I must say I very much feel the same way, as I am sure many of you do. I hope this blogger does not mind I share this with you. I feel this feedback is very important and worth the read. ############################## In my most humble of opinions and speculations...I believe that it's not a case of "there is NO evidence", but a case of "the evidence was destroyed by those that know how to work the system". ############################## I BELIEVE THAT IT'S NOT A CASE OF "THERE IS NO EVIDENCE", BUT A CASE OF "THE EVIDENCE WAS DESTROYED BY THOSE THAT KNOW HOW TO WORK THE SYSTEM" ############################### There is always evidence. There may be no apparent evidence to charge someone with a crime in the case of Natalee Holloway at this time, but that does not mean a crime was not committed. ############################## Just because there is no law on the books to cover an event/action, does not mean that the event/action is ok. ############################### There seem to be lots of examples in history where events/actions were done in accordance with the law. Does this mean that there was no crime? What about morals? Values? Social expectations about how we live together and get along? ############################## Just because we lack evidence to support a crime punishible/chargeable under a legal system does not mean that a crime has not been committed. ############################## Once again, it is my most humble opinion, that in the case of Natalee Holloway, "conflict of interest" and "cover-up" are responsible for the lack of evidence. ############################# "CONFLICT OF INTEREST" and"COVER-UP" ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LACK OF EVIDENCE. ############################### "Without free speech no search for truth is possible, without free speech no discovery of truth is useful, without free speech progress is checked and the nations no longer march forward toward the nobler life which the future holds for man. Better a thousand-fold abuse of speech than a denial of free speech. The abuse dies in a day, but the denial slays the life of the people, and entombs the hope of the race. " ATTRIBUTION: Attributed to CHARLES BRADLAUGH.—Edmund Fuller, from bartleby.com

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last