Message Boards

Topic : 06/30 Addicts Transformed

Number of Replies: 302
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, October 20, 2005, 03:02:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/28/05) Being a mom is hard enough, but imagine juggling soccer, PTA meetings, homework and carpools all while trying to cover up a secret life of drug addiction. Dr. Phil follows up with some moms who say they were junkies. Joani, a mother of two, couldn't get through a half hour without shooting up -- and she was a nurse in a drug rehabilitation center! It's been six months -- how is she now? Then, Stephanie was addicted to Vicodin and took 60 times the recommended dosage every day. She's been clean for four months, but now has a new problem. Plus, a viewer inspired by Stephanie checks herself into rehab. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 6, 2007, 1:29 pm CST

Feel the SAME

I was extremely intrigued with the story about Stepanie and Cara (soccer moms with a vicodin addiction)  Having a "hidden vicodin" addiction myself I was intrigued by their story.  I am not making excuses but my addiction started due to a medical problem that required and still requires medication.  I have tried myself quite a number of times to quite but the physical withdrawals are untolerable. I went as far to call the Florida Rapid Detox center.  The disappointing point was when I called I was told that they do not accept insurance. 

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where health insurance is accepted?  It is a shame that the physical and mental "will & want" is there but the financial availabilty is not.

May 14, 2008, 1:55 pm CDT

I want to work with you Joanie

I am a recovering drug addict and have become a Drug and Alcohol counselor, I live in Newport Beach, Ca and would love to help you help others....hopefully you'll read this and will contact me. I am willing to do whatever it takes.....I can relate to everything you have been through....would love to share my story with you

please contact me

thanks

Pam

First | Prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next Page | Last Page