Message Boards

Topic : 11/23 Schizophrenia

Number of Replies: 502
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 18, 2005, 03:44:32 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Imagine hearing voices that don’t really exist, thinking lasers are shooting through your walls or believing that people are coming into your home through electrical outlets. For people with schizophrenia, these types of delusions and paranoia are part of daily life. Mary sees angels and demons and has even believed her husband was a demon in disguise. Then, Ann Marie and Tim would give anything to help their mother. She talks emphatically to people who aren’t there and speaks nonsense to her own children. Watch her erratic behavior captured on camera and find out whether her case is beyond treatment. Plus, two sisters, Melanie and Rachel, want to know if their minds could be ticking time bombs. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More November 2005 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 28, 2009, 3:10 pm CDT

went thru hell but now am free

Quote From: maddy1975

Sorry, this is my first time posting and I re-posted. I'm not a therapist, just someone has suffered very deeply, but found healing in God. What's the harm in Mary seeing a priest? I know it sounds wacky, believe me, I used to think it was wacky, too. But I've seen it work!

I went through 6 years of torture that was the scarriest time of my life.  I was 38 years old, married with 3 children, up to this point I never heard voices, and lived a normal life.  I went to church,  but I rarely prayed.

Then one morning I woke up hearing 3 voices around my head, 2 men and a women, they were angry and calling me every name you can imagine that aint good.  I started crying and I cried out to Jesus what is happening to me,  for three days these voices followed me around everywhere, my mind felt so heavy I started to pray, this was the beginning of 6 long years of a battle, and the hardest battle  I ever had to face, I cried so long and so much, I wanted to die.  I couldent begin to tell you all that I went through,  but I will tell you all that I learned.  First the voices you hear are real  they are not imaginary, there are real demons in this world, who are out for your destruction, they can talk to you out loud, they can talk in your mind, they can move your head yes and no, you can feel there personalitys,  when you pray to God, God does not move your head yes and no, but the demons can.  And demons can possess you if you are not a born again christian.  If you get possessed  you can go to a preacher or priest, and have them pray over you.  It does work. God fully delivered me,  I pray to him all day long, and have never been happier, I am free.

July 19, 2009, 7:20 pm CDT

My Granddaughter

I have a 4yr old granddaughter home on life support do to the doctor dropping her doing the birthing process, and because he did not own up to what he did so our live has been nothing but HELL,although she has been a blessing  it has been very hard on us, when she was born Nov.2004 in Richmond Va  I had her life flighted to Columbus Ohio Children's Hospital where we had to up root and move there for 2 years,the doctors there wanted us to take her off life support and let her die and I wouldn't hear of it they told us she would live past the age of 3 and with our Love and the GOOD LORD she is still here. The doctors said she has a rare X gene that only happen in baby boys,so her diagnosis is an undetermined muscle disorder. All I want is to get her story out and see if I can find help for her. Please! CAN YOU  HELP US HELP HER?

First | Prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | Next Page | Last Page