Message Boards

Topic : 06/29 House Call Intervention

Number of Replies: 221
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 03:35:31 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 12/01/05) Imagine finding your son passed out in his room with drug paraphernalia surrounding his body. When that happened to one mother, she made an important call for help. Dr. Phil’s son, Jay, was working with a family for his new reality show when the mom, Vikki, phoned to say that her son, Justin, had been lost to drugs. Dr. Phil made a surprise house call and insisted that the teen get help immediately. Find out what happens with Justin, and why Vikki thinks she's to blame for his drug use. Then, a stay-at-home mother of three was drinking bottles of wine and vodka every day -- she would even fill a sports drink bottle with alcohol and take it to her kids' school events. Did she break her deadly addiction? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 1, 2005, 7:03 am CST

how sad

My heart goes out to this family of Justin and to him.  I think I am pretty in tune to my son who is 12 now but this makes you wonder how much I will miss and not take note of.  None of us can be perfect parents and none of us can control everything and everyone our children come in contact with but hopefully my husband and I will be in tune to our children enough to recognize negative influences early.  We encourage time with us like playing games and such but it gets difficult when they get to my sons age because they think doing that stuff with parents is not cool!  But it sure is important to do it with them.  To any parents having problems with their children, God bless you and thank you for sharing with all of us so that it makes us all think about our relationships with our kids and how we can make them better.

December 1, 2005, 7:23 am CST

House call intervention

Quote From: flmom38

My heart goes out to this family of Justin and to him.  I think I am pretty in tune to my son who is 12 now but this makes you wonder how much I will miss and not take note of.  None of us can be perfect parents and none of us can control everything and everyone our children come in contact with but hopefully my husband and I will be in tune to our children enough to recognize negative influences early.  We encourage time with us like playing games and such but it gets difficult when they get to my sons age because they think doing that stuff with parents is not cool!  But it sure is important to do it with them.  To any parents having problems with their children, God bless you and thank you for sharing with all of us so that it makes us all think about our relationships with our kids and how we can make them better.
What wouldn't I give to have Dr. Phil to come to my house and do this for my 17 year old son. We have done everything we can to help my son with his addiction and it helps for awhile and then he slips back into it. He has been in rehab 3 times and is currently in counsiling. He is in legal trouble now. I am at a loss and I love my son but at this point I know he has to do it for himself.

December 1, 2005, 7:26 am CST

Can anybody help me out here?

After watching the show today, my roomate and I were not sure of what drug the young teen was abusing. 

We thought that it was marijuana at first, but then the seriousness of the situation made us believe it may have been a harder drug or maybe not... 

Could anybody please help us with our curiosity and tell us what horrible drug was in question. 

Thank you very much, 

Sincerely, 

-Advid viewer of the show but more importantly, concerned viewers of today's show...... 

December 1, 2005, 7:42 am CST

Hit Home

I recently have gone through a similar situation and my son's name is Justin as well.  He watched some of the show with me, but insists he does not need help.  Does anyone recall the name of the rehab they sent the Justin on the show to???  My husband is active duty military just returning from Iraq and I am sorry to say that our government has NOTHING to help the dependents of military members in need for substance abuse.  I know now from watching this episode it is time to take action.  Please wish us luck here in Virginia. 

December 1, 2005, 7:49 am CST

Rehab Center

Quote From: elawrence3

I recently have gone through a similar situation and my son's name is Justin as well.  He watched some of the show with me, but insists he does not need help.  Does anyone recall the name of the rehab they sent the Justin on the show to???  My husband is active duty military just returning from Iraq and I am sorry to say that our government has NOTHING to help the dependents of military members in need for substance abuse.  I know now from watching this episode it is time to take action.  Please wish us luck here in Virginia. 
The rehab center he was sent to is La Hacienda in Texas:

http://www.lahacienda.com/

December 1, 2005, 8:04 am CST

12/01 House Call Intervention

Quote From: ldoggy

After watching the show today, my roomate and I were not sure of what drug the young teen was abusing. 

We thought that it was marijuana at first, but then the seriousness of the situation made us believe it may have been a harder drug or maybe not... 

Could anybody please help us with our curiosity and tell us what horrible drug was in question. 

Thank you very much, 

Sincerely, 

-Advid viewer of the show but more importantly, concerned viewers of today's show...... 

They said that  Justin was smoking marijuana and using speed, speed is a slang word for Crystal  Methamphetamine.

December 1, 2005, 8:34 am CST

what is the drug?

Thank you very much, 

Sincerely, 

Hello,  I think i know what drug he may have been using. First of all the young man said it was speed, and by the looks of that pipe i would guess the drug to be crystal meth.  I've watched several t.v. shows (Intervention on A&E) that have dealt with the drug. I hope this treatment facility will give Jason the tools to kick his demons.     sincerely a concerned viewer 

December 1, 2005, 8:38 am CST

don't know what to do

I found about 4 hours of video tape that my fiance e's 15 year old son and his friends have made over the last 6 months. They is drinking, lots of smoking pot, climbing  up on the school roof, breaking windows out of an abounded house. The thing that upsets me the most is climbing in and out of the windows of a small pickup, jumping from the roof to the hood going 60 mph and then jumping off the hood as it was moving at 25 mph. This was after an afternoon of drinking with 2 of his friends. The girl that was driving the truck had been drinking also. The boy is just about to get of probation for shop lifting from a liquor store and if I was to turn this tape in it will violate his probation. The boy needs some real help, the people that they want me to send him to is the same people that alot of the kids in this tape go to.

December 1, 2005, 8:40 am CST

I know how they feel

I know what it is like to have a family member who is so out of control and addicted, for I too have a family member who is having the same problem and who is 43 and has had this problem since the age of 13.   I truely hope all works out for this family, I will pray for them and this young man, would sure hate to see it come to naught as it has for my family member.

December 1, 2005, 8:41 am CST

IN Response to your ?

Thank you very much, 

Sincerely, 

It was just not marijuana he was also smoking speed. 

Hope that helps. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last