Message Boards

Topic : 03/31 Love Smart, Part 1

Number of Replies: 209
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 02, 2005, 03:45:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 12/06/05) It's Dr. Phil after dark! Dr. Phil is having a champagne party - with an audience full of single men and women looking to meet Mr. and Ms. Right. Using his new book, Love Smart: Find the One You Want - Fix the One You Got, Dr. Phil teaches these singles how to be smart when it comes to love and relationships, and how to "bag 'em, tag 'em and take 'em home!" Noelle says she's a horrible dater and never gets called back for date number two. Dr. Phil sends her out with a man and critiques her technique. How is she sending the wrong message? Then, a beauty queen who never thought she would still be single at 37 says her biological clock is "gonging!" Does this mean she'll put up with just about anything? Dr. Phil puts her to the test. And, three single women who are looking for love in all the wrong places want Dr. Phil to help them find Mr. Right. See what happens when they participate in revolving dates while Dr. Phil coaches them through an earpiece. Whether you can't find a good candidate, can't close the deal, or get them home and realize they aren't who you thought they were -- you are about to earn your black belt in relationships! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More March 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 4, 2005, 4:47 am CST

how do we fix them?

I thought we were always told we can not fix -Anyone. What does this mean?

December 4, 2005, 8:39 am CST

Where's love for the "older" woman?

Dr Phil, It must be easy to select the prettiest woman that write in and fix them up with dates. How about us "older" women? The ones that have been married before, or are overweight, or have a health problem? Do we just give up on love because we are not pretty enough or young enough? I am a 55 year old twice divorced woman who would love help to meet suitable men but your shows are always about fixing up 20 somethings and they are all attractive. I don't scare babies and with the right makeup and hair style I can be presentable but I will never be that woman in her 20's that can meet a man and have him tripping all over himself to give me his number. So should I just give up on having someone in my life because I am less desirable?

December 4, 2005, 5:28 pm CST

Longing for past shows

Quote From: chevpb

I just LOVE Dr. Phil and Robin, and have even been in the audiance, but some of the recent shows have been a "stretch".  I remember years back, I wouldn't miss an Oprah show and now rarly watch her.  I still think that she is a wonderful person, I just don't like her show.  I am hoping that this doesn't happen with the Dr. Phil show.  I, personally, don't like a lot of frivolity on the show and think that Dr. Phil should stick with being Dr. Phil.  I do understand that it is hard to do a good show 5 days a week and make it interesting and something that all will like.  I just happen to think that in the beginning of the shows, it was a lot more interesting finding out about people and how Dr. Phil could help them out.  Now, it seems like it is more of a "show" and sometimes silly and not my taste.  I know that you can't please all the people all of the time, but wish that the shows would get back to the way they were in the begining.

December 4, 2005, 6:22 pm CST

I agree with nurse!

Quote From: nursefaye

Dr Phil, It must be easy to select the prettiest woman that write in and fix them up with dates. How about us "older" women? The ones that have been married before, or are overweight, or have a health problem? Do we just give up on love because we are not pretty enough or young enough? I am a 55 year old twice divorced woman who would love help to meet suitable men but your shows are always about fixing up 20 somethings and they are all attractive. I don't scare babies and with the right makeup and hair style I can be presentable but I will never be that woman in her 20's that can meet a man and have him tripping all over himself to give me his number. So should I just give up on having someone in my life because I am less desirable?
 I saw the previews of this show. Oh come on now. If someone is playing with their food no wonder they don't get a date!
Why are you fixing up these young good looking perfect specimans? What about the rest of us???
But what about us who are over 40? I've done the volunteering route, the gym, the dating services...we meet go for coffee.....and that's it. Or they just want sex, or it's got to where they just look at me and I know....he's not interested. I may be a little overweight but I dress well, have impeciable manners, interesting fun conversation about any subject.....and they either want to jump me or dump me!
The one's I have met online who are interested are hundreds of miles away.....so that's no help.
When do we get a turn at the game? Get to grab the brass ring or in this case gold ring??
Quit helping young and stupid and help us older, interesting ladies!

December 5, 2005, 6:47 am CST

12/06 Love Smart, Part 1

Quote From: nursefaye

Hey that is not fair because I am on this show & Not all these women all the prettiest they have had it ruff too, we are not in our 20's most of us are in our middle 30's or older. Maybe watch the show before you judge!

December 5, 2005, 6:48 am CST

12/06 Love Smart, Part 1

Quote From: chevpb

What is means is "fix" the bad habits or the way you date, not fix you or him. FIx the situation...

December 5, 2005, 6:50 am CST

12/06 Love Smart, Part 1

Quote From: bailey58

I saw the previews of this show. Oh come on now. If someone is playing with their food no wonder they don't get a date!
Why are you fixing up these young good looking perfect specimans? What about the rest of us???
But what about us who are over 40? I've done the volunteering route, the gym, the dating services...we meet go for coffee.....and that's it. Or they just want sex, or it's got to where they just look at me and I know....he's not interested. I may be a little overweight but I dress well, have impeciable manners, interesting fun conversation about any subject.....and they either want to jump me or dump me!
The one's I have met online who are interested are hundreds of miles away.....so that's no help.
When do we get a turn at the game? Get to grab the brass ring or in this case gold ring??
On top of that, most of the women on this show HAD been Married, have had divorces, etc. It makes me mad that people judge when they have only seen the ad.

December 5, 2005, 6:53 am CST

12/06 Love Smart, Part 1

Quote From: bailey58

ALSO we are not Young & stupid all of these women have great careers & are smart women. Maybe you are not a nice person. Judgeing these women when you dont even know them, you have no idea what they have been through, I do because I am one of the young & stupud But I am neither of those words you call me. What we dont deserve love> Maybe you need to watch the show before you assume anything

December 5, 2005, 6:56 am CST

Hey maybe watch the show first!!

I wish you ladies would watch the "Shows" before you judege the women on them, I am one of those women & I can firmly say that NONE of the women on this show are as one women on here put it "YOUNG & STUPID" all of these women have great careers, some great families. So watch before you judge!

December 5, 2005, 1:06 pm CST

"Young and Stupid"

Quote From: jeanniej70

I wish you ladies would watch the "Shows" before you judege the women on them, I am one of those women & I can firmly say that NONE of the women on this show are as one women on here put it "YOUNG & STUPID" all of these women have great careers, some great families. So watch before you judge!
I agree.  Some women just do not have the capability of meeting the perfect person.  But yet they are perfect.  They have the perfect family, the perfect career but not the perfect guy.  Some women play the "what if" game, with themselves.  What if they don't like the same things I do, what if he hates my family, what if my career is not strong enough for them, and finally what if I am to bull headed for him (like most women are).  You never judge a book by it's cover.  The women that are on Dr. Phil I say, "Go for it!" What do you have to lose.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last