Message Boards

Topic : 08/22 Unforgettable Weight Stories

Number of Replies: 355
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:05:16 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date 01/04/06) Have you ever stepped on the scale and thought, "That number can't be right"? You don’t have to wait until the new year to resolve to lose weight or eat healthy. Kristine stopped making excuses for her weight and lost over 100 pounds, thanks to Dr. Phil's words of wisdom. See what Dr. Phil has in store for her. Then, Nicole is only 25 but morbidly obese. After a wake-up call from her family, friends, and Dr. Phil, will she find the courage and motivation to get healthy? And, is it possible to reach your weight loss goal and still be miserable? See one woman's shocking reality. Through the stories of these three women, losing weight becomes an emotional as well as a physical journey. Share your weight loss stories and challenges here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 29, 2005, 4:13 pm CST

01/04 Unforgettable Weight Stories

It is one of my goals to lose weight this year. One of my Christmas presents is for my hubby to pay for me to go to curves which is walking distance to my home. I actually asked for this and he is giving it to me. LOL. Though we are an active family, I haAZAve found that it has been too easy for me to gain weight since I have had my kids. But what ever the reason, I am shedding the lbs this year and my adventure starts Monday (as far as the spa goes) and I am excited. Seems that especially us mothers, get carried away with taking care of the family and we leave our selves out and though I have always had my alone times to go out and do wahtever I need to do, I have never really taken the time to take care of me as far as physically goes. I am a healthy eater and I do a little exercising but not regularly, just got to take a step further and to get into shape.

January 2, 2006, 6:07 pm CST

I dug out my work out tapes....blew the dust on them and started working out today!  I'm half way to my goal!  50 lbs to go and I'm there! 

January 2, 2006, 8:51 pm CST

It's time...

Last year, I started following Dr. Phil's plan for weight loss. I read his book, and we got the food guide too. In there months I lost around 20 lbs. by eating better foods (in the right portion sizes) and exercising. Then, in March, I hurt my knee and found out I was pregnant in one week. Those were my excuses for not continuing to exercise and soon after that I found myself going back to my old eating habits, too. Now, it's time for me to pick up where I left off in March. I have 20 pounds to lose, and I would love to do it before my anniversary in June. I know I can do it since I did it last year. I just have to make it a priority now that I have a baby to consider, too. Wish me luck!

January 3, 2006, 3:47 am CST

overall good health habits

My goal for 2006 is for overall good health habits.  Aside from eating healthy, I want to keep up a good exercise regime, as well as get those necessary check ups.   It is important to make time just to relax too.  It may sound old fashioned, but curling up by the fire with a good book is an enjoyable (and inexpensive) way to spend a cold winter evening with my family. There is enough to do during the day, so "down" time is a must. I wish a happy, and healthy 2006 to all of you!!!! 

January 3, 2006, 9:58 am CST

I love Curves

Quote From: jettav

It is one of my goals to lose weight this year. One of my Christmas presents is for my hubby to pay for me to go to curves which is walking distance to my home. I actually asked for this and he is giving it to me. LOL. Though we are an active family, I haAZAve found that it has been too easy for me to gain weight since I have had my kids. But what ever the reason, I am shedding the lbs this year and my adventure starts Monday (as far as the spa goes) and I am excited. Seems that especially us mothers, get carried away with taking care of the family and we leave our selves out and though I have always had my alone times to go out and do wahtever I need to do, I have never really taken the time to take care of me as far as physically goes. I am a healthy eater and I do a little exercising but not regularly, just got to take a step further and to get into shape.

If you've never been you are going to LOVE it!!!!!  even though I am a "big girl" I avoided gyms because I didn't want to feel like I was competing with a 100lb 19 year old.   

My Curves has ladies of all sizes and all ages.  Another bonus is because there are no men around you can yak about anything, one day we were all discussing how our boobies had headed south!! 

Good Luck 

Misty 

P.S. Curves really does work I lost 8 pounds and several inches within 2 months and I got my name on the "big loser" board!!! 

January 3, 2006, 3:23 pm CST

Stuck in Neutral

Dear Dr. Phil:  I have been on your weight loss plan for a year and a half.  I have lost 27 pounds and went from a size 16 to 13.  I need to lose at least 12 more pounds for my height I am 5'7" and presently weigh 155 lbs.  I am very good keeping to the rules of eating and not keeping food in the house that will tempt me.  For some reason, I have been stuck at this weight for a long time and can't seem to lose another pound no matter what I do.  I have to admit, this is got me rather depressed and discouraged.  What can I do to lose the remaining pounds?? Please Dr. Phil, I need your advice.    Arlene

January 3, 2006, 3:24 pm CST

Stuck in Neutral

Dear Dr. Phil:  I have been on your weight loss plan for a year and a half.  I have lost 27 pounds and went from a size 16 to 13.  I need to lose at least 12 more pounds for my height I am 5'7" and presently weigh 155 lbs.  I am very good keeping to the rules of eating and not keeping food in the house that will tempt me.  For some reason, I have been stuck at this weight for a long time and can't seem to lose another pound no matter what I do.  I have to admit, this is got me rather depressed and discouraged.  What can I do to lose the remaining pounds?? Please Dr. Phil, I need your advice.    Arlene

January 3, 2006, 4:15 pm CST

Last year Dr. Phil helped me to stop smoking, now.....................

I am 15 pounds heavier than last year (because of no cigs) and I was 25 pounds heavier last year than is my ideal weight because of a serious knee injury. So I need to lose 40 lbs. :( 

Dr. Phil's quiet smoking program has made me smoke free for one year (January 8, 2005 was my quit date).  

Now, I'm turning to his weight loss program to lose the weight. I actually found his book "The Ultimate Weight Solution"  in a used book store today! It just jumped out at me! LOL 

Right now, I have to get my mind set that this is it. I'm still struggling.  

January 3, 2006, 4:24 pm CST

Quote From: mistyc

If you've never been you are going to LOVE it!!!!!  even though I am a "big girl" I avoided gyms because I didn't want to feel like I was competing with a 100lb 19 year old.   

My Curves has ladies of all sizes and all ages.  Another bonus is because there are no men around you can yak about anything, one day we were all discussing how our boobies had headed south!! 

Good Luck 

Misty 

P.S. Curves really does work I lost 8 pounds and several inches within 2 months and I got my name on the "big loser" board!!! 

Thanks Misty, I went to a gym simalar to Curves but it was ages ago and I didn't care for it at all. But I believe this is going to work. I am heavier now then what I have ever been and I just can't handle it. We are pretty active in my home and all but as far as exercise goes, it isn't a regular thing, seems to always be something to come up in it's place so I think this is the answer. Thanks again for the encouragement. I was suppose to start Monday but my youngest was sick so I will be going tomorrow and I am so excited. My oldest daughter is too funny, she will be 5 in a month and she looked at me a couple of days agao and she said, "mommy, I can't wait to see what you look like when you lose weight" LOL. She doesn't really understand this concept yet but she certainly has a way of bosting me up. :)

January 3, 2006, 4:31 pm CST

Yeh for you!!!

Quote From: ltbree

I am 15 pounds heavier than last year (because of no cigs) and I was 25 pounds heavier last year than is my ideal weight because of a serious knee injury. So I need to lose 40 lbs. :( 

Dr. Phil's quiet smoking program has made me smoke free for one year (January 8, 2005 was my quit date).  

Now, I'm turning to his weight loss program to lose the weight. I actually found his book "The Ultimate Weight Solution"  in a used book store today! It just jumped out at me! LOL 

Right now, I have to get my mind set that this is it. I'm still struggling.  

That is about the best gift you can give yourself.  Keep it up..........  If you can quit smoking you know you can lose the weight.  Your talking 3 to 4lbs a month to be 40lbs lighter for next year less then a lb a week.  Heck if you just switch from soda and other drinks to water you can do it without giving up anything else.  Add a 30 minute walk everyday and you will be there fast.  Get someone to pay you for walking their dog 30 minutes a day and you can buy yourself some great new cloths. 

I suggest you get yourself a partner for support it will make it much more fun. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last