Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 5, 2006, 1:40 pm CST

Why be so negative?

Even the title of the show speaks to the fear and the negativity present.  I have much compassion for the guests and anyone who has had experiences such as this.   I would say they are in some type of conflict, emotionally or spiritually, not cursed.   I too, have had what I will term out of the ordinary experiences, my work is in energy medicine, part of my work is interpreting the symbols and messages of the bodymind.  I have had personal experience in the "highly unusual"  for me it is a regular part of my work and my life, I bleieve the difference between me and others is that I am not afraid of my epxeriences, I see them as part of my healing journey.  I use my experiences as symbols of what is going on in my life and spend time in psychoanalysis and meditation and journaling, interpreting the symbols.  It is actually a beautiful and spiritually fulfiling path.  It is my understanding that these things do happen for a reason and they are part of a persons healing journey, for I believe we are all on one, even if we are not aware of it.  I tis our responsibility to not become a victim of these experiences and use them to learn from.   

If you are having  strange or scary experiences, it is for a reason, and there is a message behind it.  First, I would like to say, relax.  What comes can also go, that is the nature of our universe, nothing is constant or forever, except the truth  (love and gratitude).    Second, Be wiling to look at what is happening on a metaphysical or symbolic level.  (If it is too overwhelming for you try and find someone to help you with it, often people who do this type of work do phone consultations, for energy is everywhere, we do not need to be physically next to you to get a sense for what is going on energetically.)  So anyway, take a step back, relax your breawthing and your body, close your eyes  and let the experiences become a symbol for a moment.  Begin to widen your perspective letting all of your senses be present and see if the symbol of the strange experience shows up in your life in a real way.   For example, if the guy with the flat tires was my client, I would definately ask, "what are you doing in your life that stops you from getting where you would like to be going?"  I would guarantee, there is something emotional or spiritual going on, or perhaps a person in his life that  "gives him a flat tire" so to speak.  Third, be open to interpreting your dreams, apply them to you life.  Be more open and willing to feel.  Yes, I understand, it is easier said than done, remember, it is a process.  Know you are taken care of, and watched over by the universe, that simply is a given, it is our fears and beliefs that prevent us from seeing that.    

I believe the fear of the demon is much more dangerous than any unusual experience you are having.   Perhaps, fear itself is the demon. 

Anyway, like I said this is the work I do, I could go on and on, write me back if you have questions or comments. 

Peace,  Susan  

January 5, 2006, 1:42 pm CST

talking toungs

i'am wondering if that is what is going on in our home ......for a year now  in the middle of the night my husband talks in his sleep ,it sounds clearly like he is talking in a different language, he has even sang a short part of a song   " this language" . sounds like it truly is a language of a different kind , He talks it like he knows what he is saying . when i ask him about it he knows nothing about it but is very curious to know more about it ...  So we have ever came to finding out what it could be was on the  dr phil show "toungs" what is "toungs"?He has looked up TALKING IN FOREGEN LANGUAGES,SLEEP TALKING IN A DIFFERENT LAUNGUAGES . and has came up with nothing . please if you think you can help us on this one , feel free to do so ....we are interested in your opinion thanks .

January 5, 2006, 1:43 pm CST

Evil is real....There is hope!

Evil is real and there is only one way to deal with it...through Jesus Christ. 

There is one true, soverign God.  He is Holy.  This means He is without sin.  Each of us born since Adam and Eve are sinners.  Because God is Holy and we are not, our sin separates us from Him.  While we are separated from Him in this sinful condition, we are open to every kind of evil.   It is in this place of vulnerability that we are open to curses, hexes, etc... 

God is so longing for you to be free from sin and from the chains of evil, that long ago, He gave His only son, Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for your sins.  It is through the blood of Jesus that we are forgiven, it is through His death that our sin debt is paid in full and it is through His resurrection that we are given eternal life IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD.  It is through our submission to Him that we gain the protection against evil in this life. 

In that moment, when we fall on our knees and acknowledge our sinfulness before almighty God, when we ask Him to forgive us of our sins and when we ask Him to give us eternal life in His presence, He will do it.  It is ours simply for the asking when we ask sincerely.   It is when we ask sincerely that God gives us the gift of the Holy Spirit living within you.  Oh friend, "greater is the One (the Holy Spirit) living in you than the one (evil) living in the world."  (1 John 4:4) 

This is the first step to freedom.  Evil cannot stand against Christ.  Simply fall on your knees and ask Him....  

January 5, 2006, 1:46 pm CST

Holly -re your night terrors

Quote From: njgirl

I just wanted to make a brief comment about the last woman on the show who appeared with her husband. I am a strong Christian, and although I do believe that evil exists in the world, her problem seems VERY much like a sleep disorder called "night terrors." (how come the doctor never even mentioned this as a possibility?") I experienced this with an ex of mine: he would wake up in the middle of the night - absolutely terrified (yet still "unconscious") - and say and do all kinds of things and then totally forget about it the next morning. It used to scare the heck out of me but it had NOTHING to do with evil! It's similar to sleep walking. They can actually prescribe medication to help treat the condition. I'm not sure of the cause but it may be hereditary or caused from anxiety. She should go to a sleep disorder clinic to be evaluated. She shoud also be doing a guided relaxation and meditation tape before she goes to bed each night and taking a Valerian supplement. Best of luck finding peace and God bless.
Night terrors can also be confused with outter -body phenomenon.  Although Dr. Phil may not believe these things are possible (paranormal), I know they are.  And I think some additional guided reading might be of help.  I had very similar issues to yours for a very long time but found that once I understood it was my spirit trying to get back into it's physical body after an astral trip--and that I was a little more awake than when my spirit left--it was easy to understand and accept.  There are many authors--not necessarily New Age, that explain this.  I hope you will look for and find answers in this realm..  I do not believe that there is a hell other than the one here on earth, nor do I believe in the devil, per se.  I do, however, believe there are less than good people who perhaps have no souls.  But they aren't any more able to haunt or posess others than you are. If nothing else, ask that the White Light of the Holy Spirit surround you and protect you as you fall asleep.  And God will answer.  Good luck.

January 5, 2006, 1:48 pm CST

misinformed tragedy

From things that I have seen... it would seem that a young girl at that age having to withstand such an ordeal would be a travesty.... almost like being raped ... and the memory she has to hold on to would be just as bad as the initial occurrence if not worse since memory sometimes becomes more abaseful as time goes on.  She would have to carry such a memory around with her wherever she went with a lack of knowledge of how to discard it...Not to say she was ever possessed but if she was and they delivered her then the fruit isnt evident... It appears that the original diagnosis was in error since the known cure did not cure at all, but only made it worse. But whats really important is the cure for her now not the mistakes made from the past even though knowledge of the sort of mistake from the past may be part of the cure itself.  I'm glad that she is being seen to in a more professional manner and also glad that she will be getting great prayer support.

January 5, 2006, 1:53 pm CST

This type of thing is common

Quote From: chicklet_s

i'am wondering if that is what is going on in our home ......for a year now  in the middle of the night my husband talks in his sleep ,it sounds clearly like he is talking in a different language, he has even sang a short part of a song   " this language" . sounds like it truly is a language of a different kind , He talks it like he knows what he is saying . when i ask him about it he knows nothing about it but is very curious to know more about it ...  So we have ever came to finding out what it could be was on the  dr phil show "toungs" what is "toungs"?He has looked up TALKING IN FOREGEN LANGUAGES,SLEEP TALKING IN A DIFFERENT LAUNGUAGES . and has came up with nothing . please if you think you can help us on this one , feel free to do so ....we are interested in your opinion thanks .
I would suggest looking up "sleep disorders" and another suggestion is to talk to your doctor. In our modern society we are so stressed out, over worked, over stimulated. Sometimes our brains are overloaded and it makes us do weird things. Don't look to false explanations. Look to science and reason.

January 5, 2006, 1:56 pm CST

CURSED.. YEA RIGHT

Some people believe in curses, where as i just flat out DON'T. Some people( not saying all people) who believe in curses take their belief a little to seriously and a little over board when it comes to talking about the topic. Some people overdramatize the curse to a point of disgust for me. If you believe that your cursed then that's what makes your cursed.. your belief.. where as if you look at reality of life.. putting this nicely " stuff happens" .Things happen for a reason. So why hold back on your life. Everything you experience changes you, everyone around you changes your life in some way... so in holding back because you think your cursed.. that's just childish..  

And this post is no way shape or form suppost to offend someone. But in the case that it has then i'm sorry. I posted this because the topic frustrates me.. but i meant no harm in posting it. 

moucec 

January 5, 2006, 1:59 pm CST

EVIL SPIRITS . . . .

I do not know if there are evil spirits, or just spirits who want to make contact with us. I do know from experience that an enity occupied my house for several years. The spirit would make itself known by noise, and by causing things to be moved, or knocked off shelves.  I used to be frightened of the unknown; now I am not frightened because I know that the spirits do not have evil intentions. I know that they cannot do me harm, nor harm any one in my family, nor do damage to any of my property. 

I think the spirits are "people" living in a higher dimension that we are living. 

January 5, 2006, 2:03 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: chicklet_s

Like Dr. Phil said on his show ..  it is more of like a sound they make.. to us it sounds like they are talking in a differant language.  I wonder from going threw it myself.. it is all most before i was diag. as being bipolar.  My husband said I did things that where like I was possed.  (sorry about bad spelling)

January 5, 2006, 2:04 pm CST

Cursed or not to be cursed?

I don't know about curses - but I do believe in what goes around comes around.  And I'm having such a bad 2 years I'm trying to remember what I did so wrong to someone to cause this much bad in my life lately.  I will persevere.... it can't get any worse.  

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last