Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 5, 2006, 2:08 pm CST

"Demon" exorcism

Dear Dr. Phil Show: 

I have never written in because I never felt compelled, but today I couldn't not write..the girl on the show whos father performed an exorcism on her at 9, what he did is really emotional child abuse.  Unless a person has actually gone through this kind of extreme abuse in the name of religion, especially as a child, cannot begin to understand the guilt and fear that can stay forever. 

In 6th grade my father turned to an extreme form of religion..i was shown a film and the message was if you don't get "taken in the rapture, because you are such a horrible person, you have to stay on this earth and suffer severely, the only chance to redeem your soul was to not take the "mark of the beast" hence your head will be chopped off in a gilloteen(sp)..then you might have a chance for heaven...so that was my introduction,,i was brainwashed essentially all my teenage years...in my early 20's as a held my 4 month old baby sleeping in my arms, a special preacher, who was in church that day (they call them evangelists) felt he needed to stop his "sermon" to come pray for me infront of everyone because i had the spirit of mary magdeline who at the time, everyone believed was a prostitute..so needless to say..after years of panic attacks and a guilt complex,,5 years therapy, etc...i am free of all that man made guilt..the lovely girl on your show doesn't have to suffer...and I disagree that she should find a church..like i stated earlier, it is really hard to imagine what going through that is like unless you have been there...i will be more than happy for her to have my email.i wish her peace and love... 

Heather 

January 5, 2006, 2:12 pm CST

I''m glad Dr. Phil isn't talking about "religions"

I am, unlike many Dr. Phil’s fans, not a Christian. But I also don’t have spirits, demons, or the like in my house. I just don’t let them in. 

When we bought the house, I did a total house cleaning. First I took a cinnamon broom (works well and smells good too!), and starting at the right side of the back door, I swept each room clockwise, going from room to room, both on the floor and the ceiling, in all the corners, and the closets, bathrooms, kitchen, everywhere. Sweep everything (and you’ll be doing any “spirits” along with any “dirt” you find) to the back door and sweep it out. If you do not have a back door, start on the right side (visually divide the doorway in half, this is important) and then sweep, sweeping the end of the clockwise sweeping out the lefthand side of the door. 

Then I go back to each room with Sage or sandalwood incense. If you don’t like either of these, any will do, pick what you like, it’s the intention of cleaning rather than suffering through a smell you hate. Then go around with a spray bottle with a bit of salt and lemon juice and filled the rest of the way with water. Spray each baseboard and each window and door sash with it, clockwise again. Then go around with a bell and a tea light candle (make sure each candle is in a holder and on a plate away from things that will catch fire like curtains and beds, and where it won’t tip over). Ring the bell in each room and then light the candle. Go around each of the rooms clockwise for the last time.  

Finally, burn the cinnamon broom in your barbque or some other container. If you cannot do this, break it up and scatter it somewhere else, along a road, preferably near a crossroad. 

You can also put mirrors in each corner of the house, pointing out to the world, to reflect anything coming at you. (this also works in the car, one in the glove compartment, one near the driver’s door, and two in the trunk). I have a wonderful little chant that goes “Magic mirror protect me, from slings and arrows thrown at me, whether here or elsewhere be, and It’s my will, (and end with amen if you are Christian or whatever other “ending to prayer, chants, etc) that you use. 

As I said, it’s worked for many years for me.  

January 5, 2006, 2:17 pm CST

lady with dreams, warrior for God?

My sister and I believe that the lady on the show with the dreams of fighting evil may be called by God to fight evil through Prayer.  We really wish she could go to a Holy Spirit Filled Church of any denomination and talk to a minister.  Assembly of God or Pentacostal maybe.  just a couple. I know many people in the local churches that have dreams like this and they feel called to "war" against evil through prayer and dreams are Gods way of talking to us sometimes.   

Fight on lady.  The smudging your house work some because, myself being involved in the Native community, the bad or unclean spirits do not like the smoke because God gave it to the native americans to fight off evil.  you need a faith based religion of any sort to talk to and get advice and help.  Maybe she could get her husband to tape when she talks in her sleep and find an interpretor. 

God Bless her and I am sure many people of many religions are praying for her. 

January 5, 2006, 2:18 pm CST

Speaking in tongues

Quote From: starkitty7

I would suggest looking up "sleep disorders" and another suggestion is to talk to your doctor. In our modern society we are so stressed out, over worked, over stimulated. Sometimes our brains are overloaded and it makes us do weird things. Don't look to false explanations. Look to science and reason.
Keep a tape recorder by your bed.  When you awake and hear your husband "speaking in tongues" record it.  The next day you can not only let him hear it but take it to a local college or contact a linguest (sorry about the spelling) to see if they can figure out if it is possibly a known launguage or is, as Dr. Phil has suggested, jibberish the brain is producing out of the mass amounts of stress we put on ourselves daily (my own words here from what I've "interpreted" Dr. Phil to be saying).

January 5, 2006, 2:20 pm CST

Deliverance is the Answer

Holly, Sharon, George and Sarah you need spiritual help from spiritual people.  The blind can’t lead the blind.  People have no fear of leading people down the wrong path, causing them to remain bound or even worse.  Even the Bible says don’t teach what you don’t know?  Kinda makes since doesn’t it.  The Bible also says IF you have the spiritual gift to teach the things of God/Jesus and of the spirit then do so.  Everything has an opposite.  If you believe there is UP then you must believe there is DOWN,  if you believe there is HOT you must believe there is  COLD,  if you believe in RIGHT you must believe there is WRONG, if you believe in BLESSINGS you must believe in CURSINGS.  Everyone believes in blessings but will say that there is no such thing as a curse.   Wrong!  In the Bible (KJV) the words bless(ing) and curs(ing) are mentioned over 500 times.  God/Jesus says “if you listen to me and fear me and obey me you will be blessed” and He says “if you don’t you will be cursed”.  If you believe in God and Jesus you must believe in what they say and do and they bless the good and curse the bad.  So be good.  And the devil and his followers do nothing but curse and possess people.  But the real problem people have with curses or demonic spirits or possessions is that they think it honoring the devil in some way.  Or that saying they believe means they are opening themselves up to bad things and that not true at all.  The devil is bad and he does bad things and he does it in the way of curses and demonic possessions, etc.  What did Jesus do?  He healed and cast out devils, and broke curses, etc.  And he gave us the power to do the same.  Read Matthew 5:44, Matthew 15:4, Matthew 25:41, Mark 11:21, Mark 16:15-20, Matthew 4:24, Matthew 8:16, Matthew 9:32-33, Matthew 10:8,  Matthew 12:28, Matthew 17:15-21 includes: Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.  And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.  And there is much more than this in the Bible.  Seek and you shall find, ask and it shall be given unto you, knock and the door will be opened unto you!   

So we must believe for the good of all mankind!  I deliver people from the things that bind them everyday.  So much is happening around us and in us spiritually and most people don’t have a clue it’s happening.  I am the Prophet of the Lord Jesus Christ!  Contact me if you need help! 

The Lord be with you!              

January 5, 2006, 2:30 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Hi.  I was watching the show today.  I was very impressed with Dr. Phil's answer to the girl that said her dad performed an exorcism on her.  He told her to find a good church home.  That's what I thought she needed to do from the beginning of her turn in talking.   

I go to an Assembly of God (Pentacostal) Church.  I believe that demons can interfere with your life.  It wasn't too long ago that I finally quit having "dreams".   

Ever since I can remember I would "wake up" and have trouble breathing.  Gasping for air, thinking I wasn't going to be able to.  Then I would actually wake up with a big gasp and breathing heavily.  After I started going to church when I would have this occur I would try to say, "In Jesus name" and just keep repeating it until it would end.  In one dream I saw my dad's chair scooted to the foot of my bed and I saw someone holding a blanket up like they were going to fold it and it was my mom's fingers.  Both of my parents have passed away.  In another one I "woke up" to see a black demon like figure on the foot of my bed.  I had talked with my Pastor about it before and especially after this incident I talked with my Pastor again.  He asked me if there were any "doors" open in my home that shouldn't be.  So I asked him to keep me in prayer and worked on shutting those "doors".  The more prayer I did and the more doors I closed (meaning changing of life style) the less the dreams I had.  I say my prayers every night before I go to bed and I always include a certain request.  This is what helps me make it through my night restfully. 

January 5, 2006, 2:31 pm CST

I have witnessed it first hand!

I just watched the the show where people think they are cursed or possesed.  I have witnessed an excorcisim first hand and I do believe these things really happen.  I thought that having witnessed this I would be scared for life but I have gone on and lead a normal life.  I believe that I could not have gotten through it with out God.  He has helped me to put the trauma behind me and have a normal life.  With therapy and prayer my nightmares are behind me. 

January 5, 2006, 2:32 pm CST

Sleep Paralysis

Quote From: liatsunami

I think you've touched on something here.  That's why earlier I said people with these problems need to be evaluted for pyschological and physical problems.  I used to think I saw ghosts, heard voices, etc... Then my Dr. found out I have narcolepsy which can cause things called "hynogogic hallucinations".  Which always seem VERY real, like a waking dream., and occur at the onset of sleep and during sleep.  Also other health problems can cause visual and auditory hallucinations durking WAKING hours.  The type of hallucinations or "visions" you suffer often mirror internal conflicts or things in your subconcious that are bothering you.  A lot of times emotions that you hold back are released and effect what you see.

I think most of the guests could benefit from a work up from a physical Dr. and a mental health professional.

I too have had many very similar episodes.  I thought it to be demonic.  I still believe it to be so, this is why, the last episode I gathered all of the energy I could muster and cried out for Jesus to help me and within one second the paralysis was lifted.  I know he helped me, it only took for me to cry out his name.  Then you might ask why me and not others?  After many days of pondering this question I truly believe that becuase I am a Christian and I love learning about God's word I may be a target.  It seems to happen most when I am upset about something and I think I am most vulnerable.  I know to many this sounds rediculous, but until you experience this horrible paralysis you wont know what I am talking about.  I am very glad that you believe medication helps but please, If it ever happens again try and ask the Lord for help.   

January 5, 2006, 2:32 pm CST

talking in sleep

Quote From: chicklet_s

i'am wondering if that is what is going on in our home ......for a year now  in the middle of the night my husband talks in his sleep ,it sounds clearly like he is talking in a different language, he has even sang a short part of a song   " this language" . sounds like it truly is a language of a different kind , He talks it like he knows what he is saying . when i ask him about it he knows nothing about it but is very curious to know more about it ...  So we have ever came to finding out what it could be was on the  dr phil show "toungs" what is "toungs"?He has looked up TALKING IN FOREGEN LANGUAGES,SLEEP TALKING IN A DIFFERENT LAUNGUAGES . and has came up with nothing . please if you think you can help us on this one , feel free to do so ....we are interested in your opinion thanks .
the only speaking in tongues that I know about happens when you confess Jesus as Lord and Savior, and the Holy Spirit dwells in the believer and gives the person the ability to speak in a tongue that the Spirit gave them. (Acts 2:1-4).  This is speaking a Heavenly language to God.  So if your husband hasn't asked the Lord into his heart, I don't think he is speaking in tongues.  Dreams are very symbolic.  God speaks to us through symbols in our dreams.  A dog to you could be a symbol of fear if you got bit by one as a child, and for me it could mean protection and comfort.  I don't know the emotion that your husand feels during these dreams, but try and identify what happened a year ago that maybe triggered this. 

January 5, 2006, 2:36 pm CST

You don't know anything about Latino Culture.

Dr. Phil if you knew anything about Latino culture you would not have made lite of Mr. Ortiz's concerns at being cursed.   

Mr Ortiz needs to see a Curandera.  A Curandera is a spirtual and emotional healer in our culture.  If Mr. Ortiz TRUELY feels like he's been cursed or hexed it's not going to go away simply by taking "DRIVING LESSIONS".  I was really UPSET at the way you just simply dismissed his concern.   

I'm a firm beliver that someone can hold power over you and your life and can introduce negative energy over you because it's happened to our family before.  My grandmother was a Curandera without any degrees and practiced her healings over MANY individuals in NM during her life time.  She learned it from her mother and grandmother, and it came down the generations to me.  I didn't get a chance to learn as much from her as I would have liked but their are things my siblings and I have taken from her and still use today.  THEY WORK!     

You were EXTREMELY judgemental and demeaning of Mr. Ortiz and I found it to be insulting and a slap in the face to the Latino community.   

There's a really good book out about Curandera's Called "Woman Who Glows in the Dark by Elena Alvia R.N., MSN. Learn more about the culture before giving this kind of advice Dr. Phil 

Maria Elena Vigil 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last