Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 5, 2006, 9:54 pm CST

Nicest Prayer

Quote From: bibleman1

Pray at night before you go to bed  and ask God to send Warring Angels off his throne to come down and protect you as you sleep and Pleed the Blood of Jesus Christ against all demons devils and evil spirits from the inermost of yourself to the outtermost of yourself in all directions  Jesus loves you he wants you to sleep really really good so you can be nice and fresh and alert the next day

I agreed about your prayer request before bedtime 

It will helps alot.  Most important say in Lord s prayer and say forgive your sins then rest to be blessing till in the morning see what happens. 

January 5, 2006, 9:54 pm CST

come on now....

some times i really wonder if any one really did watch the show or not..... this shouldn't be a religuos topic of if you believe or not.... and giveing your heart to god thing... *sighs*  

believeing what one needs to believe in, as long as it is possitively.....  its all in the thinking. being good to your self, and good to others, good things will come. and so on. 

January 5, 2006, 9:56 pm CST

I believe to a point

I have to say that I was such a skeptic.  Until over the years I have felt a "presence"  around me.  I have never felt it was good.  One night I distinctly remember waking up and feeling like someone was holding me down and pinning my arms down.  I was in a deep sleep to where I felt like I was paralized.  Could not more Could hardly breath.  I didn't used to go to church but all of a sudden I started saying the Hail Mary out of fear and somehow I knew the words.  The pressure started to go away.   Another night went out with the girls did not have one ounce or alcohol just soda.  I felt like I had an out of body experience.  I remember looking over while my friend slept and felt like I was being dragged around.  Very hard to explain.  Could have all just been really bad dreams.  But it sure felt real.  I will take Dr. Phills advice and do a routine and put positive symbols in my mind at night.  After watching that movie the Excorcism of Emily Rose that freaked me out!  I felt like I was pinned down like that and even thought covers were being taken off me.   

Again could have been a dream, but I am taking Dr. Phills advice and will let you know.   

January 5, 2006, 9:57 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

I am a practicing Christian and a studied theologian (3 years college) so I do have personal beliefs but I will try and make this as least biased as possible. 

Sarah: 

Is it possible to be cursed on Tuesdays? Maybe. 

Is it possible to decide something in your mind and ignore all other options? Happens all the time. 

Are psychics real? Some probably are, and there are likely alot of fakes (I think it's a very profitable business). 

I know of a certain wealthy Hollywood mom, who is related to a friend of mine (sister), who is a regular customer of a psychic. At one point my friend found it necessary to call the psychic and insist that the psychic give her sister certain recommendations. It worked. Her sister had gotten to a point where she could not make decisions for herself and had put complete faith, not in the people close to her, but in a well paid psychic. 

I like what Sarah said about the light. Most of the time when an individual is experiencing something, the light is brighter to them because they are closer to it, meaning they have two directions that they can take; 1) move towards the light, it will become bigger and brighter and nothing else will help. (This is what Sarah had been doing -focusing all her attention on that one thing, the 'Cursed Tuesday').It will take over your thought process and your ability to see things in life at the proper proportions and in the right perspective, or, 2) move away from the light. Try and take yourself out of the situation for a moment and look into it from the outside. Usually it becomes significantly smaller than you originally thought. In most cases this gives the person the ability to see everything else around them and helps to restore a healthy balance to their life. 

Advice: Focus on Wednesdays -maybe this could be your miracle day! 

George: 

To his credit, I do think there are some preatty crazy things that go on in different countries that we are not altogether privy to in North America. In South America and Africa there are such people as Witch Doctor's who practice a variety of things that we would lable as being on the 'Dark Side'. Whether or not a hex or curse was placed on George, I think, is impossible to diagnose. One thing I am certain of is that George has moved towards the light, like Sarah, attributing such things as a leaky roof to the curse. 

I think if Dr. Phil had asked the audience that day, there probably would have been someone else there that would have had bad experiences at the same frequency as George, maybe not with driving but something else. 

My first new car has had tire problems. In the first 20,000 miles I had a tire blow on the highway travelling at over 60 miles per hour and had a leak in another that had to be replaced. As well, you could say I have a parking lot/ driveway curse. Three weeks after getting the car another car was backing out of a shared driveway and scraped my car causing over 500$ damage. Less than two months later, I collided with another car that stopped behind me as I was backing out of my parking space. Within three months of that incident another neighbor hit my car backing out of an adjoining driveway causing approx. 1000$ damage. I don't think I'm cursed though. It's bad luck yes but it's life. I have better luck in other areas I'm sure. 

Advice: Let your girlfriend drive........ or ride the bus if you need to, but don't let it ruin your life bro. 

Sharon: 

I agree with Doctor Phil - Sweet Spirit 

Trauma as a kid is a horrible thing. 

Being an individual with a Christian background and extensive theological study I am aware of certain things about the situation. 

As a Christian I do believe in both good and evil spirits, possession, exorcism (of sorts), etc... 

I believe that spirits are just as real as humans, but being invisible the majority of the time, are often not thought of or belived in, and thus they do what they do without much interference by humans. It is not crazy to believe in spirits or possession as most of the world believes in them, except North America where a large portion of society is turning into humanists.  

As far as exorcism is concerned - as with everything - don't believe everything you see on TV. Hollywood is there to make money, not to instruct you. Some of it may be real, but reality with a small twist is what we pay to watch right? 

Without attempting to point fingers or scar thoughts of people, it  is a historical fact that many have split from main stream Christianity and gone overboard with 'Spiritism". In fact I think we have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. Being from the Pentecostal background myself I know that approxiamtely fifty years ago there was a major focus on spiritism. People would apparently see spirits in everything including walls and pews in chuirchs. Some were going as far as to tell saints whom the Lord had told them they should marry. Many people went overboard. The Pentecostals did succeed in curbing this issue but brought it back to a point where any talk of spiritism is frowned upon and rejected. 

Saying all this: 

I do not know whether or not Sharon was or is possessed. 

Yes, she made some wrong decisions but  was that Spirit possession, Spirit Oppression, Lack of personal knowledge and/or wisdom, or a weakness in her. 

Spirit oppression: Usually comes in the form of mental and health related attacks that wear down a person and make them more vulnerable. 

Lack of knowledge and wisdom: She was young when she first got pregnant and from the sound of it, did not have a very good support system. In alot of cases where support is limited, bad decisions are made again and again until the individual is helped or eventually learns on their own. 

Weakness: We all have them. North Americans have a big one when it comes to sexuality. 

Advice: As with Doc Phil.. find a church that will help you through and overcome this issue. And since you seem like a genuine person that has deep roots in Christianity, develop your personal relationship with God, meaning that even though people can help you with the issues, your own belief and trust in God can not come through them but directly from him (God). Prayer can help and as far as the understanding of spirits and exorcism; people have made up their own ideas of these things - go to the source, The Bible. It will help you understand what is real and what is not. If you get a counsellor it is probably a good idea to get a christian counsellor since a non-christian counsellor will have different morals and values than you are accustomed to. 

Holly: 

Obviously the dreams are real. The question is what is causing them. Does she believe in spiritual powers (oppression, possession) or is it something only from compressed memories somewhere in her mind resulting from horror movies etc...? 

In the end if it is memories then it can go either way. If it is spirit powers then she needs to ask what, if any, is her belief in the supernatural. If she decides that it is spirits the best thing to do is follow the advice given to sharon. 

I don't know about the mirrors, candles, etc.. it sounds like it may work from the professionals (if it is memories causing the dreams). If it is spiritual, they will not work. Try them (candles, mirrors, etc...)! You'll soon find out whether or not they work. If it is in your mind then all you need to do is put enough faith in the fact that it will fix the problem and voila! From a spiritual perspective try sleeping with a bible (I've done it). 

Advice: First decide what your beliefs are. This will help you take the right direction. 

Nathan 

January 5, 2006, 10:03 pm CST

too quick for me

Quote From: bibleman1

Jesus is all around you just waiting for you to ask him for his help if you get a chance go to www.demonbuster.com it has a ton of   prayers to choose from about different things move in Faith and your mountains will move cast fear doubt and disbelief from you and speak light into the darkness listen to the Word of God and trust God and Jesus and his Word
Sorry, like I said, I was sure your intentions were good.  Thank you for the site link.  That to me is more helpful than simply saying to pray.  Been praying all my life and well... I'm still praying.  Comes off as I may have little faith, but that isn't so.  I am just saying that God has not yet acted on my behalf yet.

January 5, 2006, 10:05 pm CST

Impressed

Sarah is a drama queen, George needs a bit more self-esteem and a better vehicle, and Holly is grieving the loss of a loved one.  Each has friends and family members encouraging their idiosyncracies and the solution to their problems are relatively simple and practical. 

Sharon suffered abuse at a young age and requires a more complex treatment.  Her answers lie in both psychotherapy and sound spiritual counseling. 

Whatever you give your power away to makes you weaker, whether it's a thought, a twig, or an entity.  So unless that Whatever is benevolent, powerful, consistient, etc, flit can easily hit the shan in your life. 

January 5, 2006, 10:16 pm CST

Bad Childhood, Good Life

Quote From: charlie75

Thank you for your response.  I appreciate your encouragement.  More than anything, I would love to know what you know about this disorder.  I saw in your profile that you are an RN and work amongst mental health patients.  I understand that I have a lot of internal rebuilding to do and it will probably be a life long challenge.  I keep pressing forward! :)  I am not the type of person to wollow though some times it is challenging.  I keep my head up most days and try to forget about where I have come from.  I can't always do that though.  Couselling is something I agree that would be heaven sent for me.  I am not yet in a position to finacially support theraputic help.  Sad to admit, but I have seen a pshyciatrist for over a decade.  Along with my father.  We both suffer from panic and anxiety attacks.  We both question if it is due to our enviroment, meaning my mother.  Since I have not spoken to my mother in months, I have managed to reduce my dose from 225mg to 75mg.  I have not suffered from one panic attack either.  There might be some truth to my mother's affect on us.  Everyday is a step closer to healing.  Though the memories are horrifying at times.  Again, thanks for replying.

Hello! 

I just wanted to let you know about something I saw first thing this morning on one of the morning shows.  Dr. Laura Schlessinger has a new book out called "Bad Childhood, Good Life."  It just came out and I thought of it when I read your messages.  I haven't been able to get a hold of this book yet, but I have read a few of her other books and she is usually right on when she talks.  At least I think so, she's definitely like Dr. Phil and will tell you what she is thinking and doesn't hold back.  Although *side note* on today's show I think he held back a lot more than I have seen before, about "spiritual" things.  I think I may post more about that later... 

But I just wanted to say that we all have bad childhoods in one sense.  Something happens that makes us who we are and it is up to us to decide what kind of future we will have.  I think that goes along with the topic discussed today.  It is up to us to decide what we will do with our lives, how we choose to look at the world, and how to spend our precious moments that we have left to live.  For me, all of those questions go hand in hand with my faith, as I am a Christian (I will never hide that), but what has helped me is to know that there is a lot more to life than myself.  I definitely found that out when I had my son, but sometimes I think we get into the mentality of thinking about ourselves all the time and thinking about what happened in the past and not letting go of our past hurts.  Myself when I was young, it was mostly attacks on myself and not from someone like your mother, but I can speak about forgiveness as I had to forgive myself.  Forgiving can do a lot for a person.  I think maybe you probably have a lot of soul searching to do before you can get to this point, but it helped me tremendously.  And forgiveness is not about just forgeting about it and starting new with a person as I have no belief that you should even be around your mother now.  It is a personal thing and not about what the other person can do or what you could do to make things right.   

Another part of that change in me is my acceptance of Christ into my life, I think it would be hard to tell you what helped me without saying that Him dying for my sins allowed me to see that I had to let go of my past and live in the present, since He has forgiven me.  Now I don't know what faith you are or anything about you, I am just letting you know what helped me.   And just so you know that I am appalled by how those church members shunded you like that.  I know from my past that not every church is the same, as I am now a different denomination from what I grew up in and a leader of my previous church betrayed my trust (although not in such a horrible way as you) but I would suggest trying to go back.  You may have to try a few different places until you feel comfortable.  But I believe a church home can offer a lot in the way of internal healing.  It is nice to be around people that love you and will be there when you need them.  Believe me it is possible.   

I don't know if Dr. Laura's book would help or not, but what's to lose.  You may have a lot to gain, you never know! :) 

Hope all goes well in your journey! 

Amy :) 

January 5, 2006, 10:17 pm CST

Thanks

Quote From: xavierann

I want you in Paganism to know that I know some of you and you are by far some of the nicest folks a gal could ask for in a friend!  I want the "frightened" Christian community to know that I have bravely explored friendships with Pagans, and low and behold, they are (surprise, surprise) just people!!!!! People like me and you who have kids, messy homes, laundry day, burnt casseroles, and spiritual wishes that they hope someone "up there" hears.  I think that Christians whom I have gone to church with in the past are down right "silly" for being afraid of all this demon posession stuff and afraid of non-Christian people.  You arent afraid of Buddhists or Hindus, who are not Christians, so why be afraid of Euro-Pagans either.  One of the sweetest ladies I know in town told me she is a Wiccan - and she is so gentle spirited that I really thought she had the same heart a true and genuine Christian should display.  I have found out through my book reading that in Paganism every flower, tree, plant, herb and gemstone has a special meaning....the world actually  means something.  Then I checked out the Bible and found out that the natural world also has symbolic meaning in the Biblical sense.  While alot of Pagans believe in The Goddess, Christians might be surprised to realize that Christ has a Bride, the Church;  And The Church, as the Bride of Christ, functions as "The Goddess" for Christians in a round about way - the earthbound body that brings new life to others (through Christ, in the Christian sense, of course, in Christianity).  The more I think about it, the more I realize that we have alot in common.  People have to learn to look past clothing and jewelry pendants.  Alot of Christians are afraid of the Pentagram, the 5 point star, but I looked up the number 5 in a Bible reference, and have found some references to 5 being the number used to symbolize Grace in the Bible.  Think about the way number 5 is used in Biblical scripture - 5 wounds upon the crucificed Christ; 5 unprepared virgins, and 5 prepared virgins; 5 loaves and 5 fishes;  5 (x 10) days after the Resurrection Pentacost occurred and God sent the Holy Spirit to the Church of believers....I also have read that in early Christianity the Pentagram was actually used to symbolize Christ on the cross.  Christ said "Love your neighbor as yourself," and so, if you are my neighbor, my Pagan neighbor, I will love you as Christ asks me to, and treat you with the respect and dignity I wish to be treated with.  You may not know or understand, or even be interested in my faith, but I know that if My God loves you, than so should I, because I am no better than the God I worship.  I actually enjoy reading the Pagan information, because you are adding a new and interesting dimensions to European history.  For centuries no one cared to ask what religion pre-Christian Europe was, and now, people are interested and archeologists are digging up Stonehenge, and Druids, and Germanic Teutons....wow, the world is so exciting now.  Such wonderful stories of old, such adventure!  And the clothes, ya gotta love the midieval clothes!  I have some.  And you know what?  I feel the same wearing it as I do wearing my regular clothing - I'm me, no matter what I am wearing.  I will recognize you as a religion, and you know whose religion you are?  Mine - you are the religion of my own ancestors in a restored, modern sort of way.  There may be alot of information missing, but long ago, your religion was part of my family.  So you are sort of like my living ancestors, and I think you are fun!  I hope that you do not come to despise Christianity because of some nasty Christians, please remember Jesus Christ is the supreme example of Christianity - the one to look at, and guess what???? Christ himself was accused by the pharasees of being a Witch....and does anyone remember who visited Christ at Bethlehem?  My goodness, it was the THREE MAGI (in Greek the word "magi" means SORCERER) - These three Sorcerers (male witches) used astrology and dream interpretation to locate the Christ child.  So while the rest of the world just sat there, the Three PAGAN MAGI Sorcerers searched astrology for Christ, found him, and then worshiped him.  How is that for an accurate twist on the Biblical story?  Further, the two Biblical books that mention who visited Christ list Shepherds in one Book and the Magi in the other.  Looking both Shepherds and Magi up in the Greek reveals a starteling definition of both words:  both words ALSO means "pastor" or "priest".  Apparently Both Gospels are speaking of the same people who came to visit Christ - Pagan Sorcerers who were shepherds/priests/pastors to their people.  This is why they were sitting out under the stars watching their flocks at night when the angel came to them - they were watching the stars.  Recent Astronomical studies have found that the Magi stopped in Bethlehem the day a great Solar event took place in the sky - it was the DAY THE SUN STOOD STILL, also indicated in the scripture story.  That day is none other than WINTER SOLSTICE, for the word solstice, means, in latin, "sun" and "stood still".  This was the sign they needed to tell them where to stop to locate the Christ Child - their astrology was a gigantic clock to them.  Aparently these people were very learned, and wise (the translation of wicca in Old English).  I wish people would get out their Hebrew, Greek and Old English Dictionaries (which can be found on line) - what I have found is that Language is the biggest barries and once we look up the words there is no more confusion or division.  We are all seeking the same things.  Well, I may be the minority, but I choose to be nice to any pagan neighbors that I meet.  Merry Meet and Merry Part to you all!

I wanted to thank you for your understanding and let you know that most of us Pagans hold Jesus, Budah, Mohamad and various other religious and spiritual leaders in the highest of regard. Many of us belive that to say that there is only one path that any individual must travel down is obsurd and that people should choose the path that suits them best. Although raised in a Pagan household part of my own spiritual journey has lead me to ponder the teachings of Christ, Budah and Judism and learn to understand them and their teachings. They all reinforce each other in their basic concepts, and you can find many corelations between the four. I personaly have had many bad experiances with Christians but they are far out weighed by the good experiances that I continue to have with most. I have not let "a few bad apples spoil the barrel". If more people would take the time to understand different cultures, like yourself, perhaps everyone would finaly get along. 

Thanks Again, 

Salix Grayhaven 

January 5, 2006, 10:21 pm CST

Break your curses

Quote From: nbrooks

I am a practicing Christian and a studied theologian (3 years college) so I do have personal beliefs but I will try and make this as least biased as possible. 

Sarah: 

Is it possible to be cursed on Tuesdays? Maybe. 

Is it possible to decide something in your mind and ignore all other options? Happens all the time. 

Are psychics real? Some probably are, and there are likely alot of fakes (I think it's a very profitable business). 

I know of a certain wealthy Hollywood mom, who is related to a friend of mine (sister), who is a regular customer of a psychic. At one point my friend found it necessary to call the psychic and insist that the psychic give her sister certain recommendations. It worked. Her sister had gotten to a point where she could not make decisions for herself and had put complete faith, not in the people close to her, but in a well paid psychic. 

I like what Sarah said about the light. Most of the time when an individual is experiencing something, the light is brighter to them because they are closer to it, meaning they have two directions that they can take; 1) move towards the light, it will become bigger and brighter and nothing else will help. (This is what Sarah had been doing -focusing all her attention on that one thing, the 'Cursed Tuesday').It will take over your thought process and your ability to see things in life at the proper proportions and in the right perspective, or, 2) move away from the light. Try and take yourself out of the situation for a moment and look into it from the outside. Usually it becomes significantly smaller than you originally thought. In most cases this gives the person the ability to see everything else around them and helps to restore a healthy balance to their life. 

Advice: Focus on Wednesdays -maybe this could be your miracle day! 

George: 

To his credit, I do think there are some preatty crazy things that go on in different countries that we are not altogether privy to in North America. In South America and Africa there are such people as Witch Doctor's who practice a variety of things that we would lable as being on the 'Dark Side'. Whether or not a hex or curse was placed on George, I think, is impossible to diagnose. One thing I am certain of is that George has moved towards the light, like Sarah, attributing such things as a leaky roof to the curse. 

I think if Dr. Phil had asked the audience that day, there probably would have been someone else there that would have had bad experiences at the same frequency as George, maybe not with driving but something else. 

My first new car has had tire problems. In the first 20,000 miles I had a tire blow on the highway travelling at over 60 miles per hour and had a leak in another that had to be replaced. As well, you could say I have a parking lot/ driveway curse. Three weeks after getting the car another car was backing out of a shared driveway and scraped my car causing over 500$ damage. Less than two months later, I collided with another car that stopped behind me as I was backing out of my parking space. Within three months of that incident another neighbor hit my car backing out of an adjoining driveway causing approx. 1000$ damage. I don't think I'm cursed though. It's bad luck yes but it's life. I have better luck in other areas I'm sure. 

Advice: Let your girlfriend drive........ or ride the bus if you need to, but don't let it ruin your life bro. 

Sharon: 

I agree with Doctor Phil - Sweet Spirit 

Trauma as a kid is a horrible thing. 

Being an individual with a Christian background and extensive theological study I am aware of certain things about the situation. 

As a Christian I do believe in both good and evil spirits, possession, exorcism (of sorts), etc... 

I believe that spirits are just as real as humans, but being invisible the majority of the time, are often not thought of or belived in, and thus they do what they do without much interference by humans. It is not crazy to believe in spirits or possession as most of the world believes in them, except North America where a large portion of society is turning into humanists.  

As far as exorcism is concerned - as with everything - don't believe everything you see on TV. Hollywood is there to make money, not to instruct you. Some of it may be real, but reality with a small twist is what we pay to watch right? 

Without attempting to point fingers or scar thoughts of people, it  is a historical fact that many have split from main stream Christianity and gone overboard with 'Spiritism". In fact I think we have gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. Being from the Pentecostal background myself I know that approxiamtely fifty years ago there was a major focus on spiritism. People would apparently see spirits in everything including walls and pews in chuirchs. Some were going as far as to tell saints whom the Lord had told them they should marry. Many people went overboard. The Pentecostals did succeed in curbing this issue but brought it back to a point where any talk of spiritism is frowned upon and rejected. 

Saying all this: 

I do not know whether or not Sharon was or is possessed. 

Yes, she made some wrong decisions but  was that Spirit possession, Spirit Oppression, Lack of personal knowledge and/or wisdom, or a weakness in her. 

Spirit oppression: Usually comes in the form of mental and health related attacks that wear down a person and make them more vulnerable. 

Lack of knowledge and wisdom: She was young when she first got pregnant and from the sound of it, did not have a very good support system. In alot of cases where support is limited, bad decisions are made again and again until the individual is helped or eventually learns on their own. 

Weakness: We all have them. North Americans have a big one when it comes to sexuality. 

Advice: As with Doc Phil.. find a church that will help you through and overcome this issue. And since you seem like a genuine person that has deep roots in Christianity, develop your personal relationship with God, meaning that even though people can help you with the issues, your own belief and trust in God can not come through them but directly from him (God). Prayer can help and as far as the understanding of spirits and exorcism; people have made up their own ideas of these things - go to the source, The Bible. It will help you understand what is real and what is not. If you get a counsellor it is probably a good idea to get a christian counsellor since a non-christian counsellor will have different morals and values than you are accustomed to. 

Holly: 

Obviously the dreams are real. The question is what is causing them. Does she believe in spiritual powers (oppression, possession) or is it something only from compressed memories somewhere in her mind resulting from horror movies etc...? 

In the end if it is memories then it can go either way. If it is spirit powers then she needs to ask what, if any, is her belief in the supernatural. If she decides that it is spirits the best thing to do is follow the advice given to sharon. 

I don't know about the mirrors, candles, etc.. it sounds like it may work from the professionals (if it is memories causing the dreams). If it is spiritual, they will not work. Try them (candles, mirrors, etc...)! You'll soon find out whether or not they work. If it is in your mind then all you need to do is put enough faith in the fact that it will fix the problem and voila! From a spiritual perspective try sleeping with a bible (I've done it). 

Advice: First decide what your beliefs are. This will help you take the right direction. 

Nathan 

Break curses off yourself in the Name of Jesus say it out loud and mean business  say this ,,  satan in the Name of Jesus Christ I break all curses you have put on my life wright now and I command you and your demon forces  to take all your curses that you put on me and go back to hell where you came from and never return to my life ever again and if you attempt to return to my life again I will cast  you and your demons into a spiritual box and cast you under to a million levels deep with angels singing scripture to you night and day  and if they want to try you again tell the demons you will shrink the box and fill that box with the Blood of Jesus and it will be boiling dont mess around get serious and get satan and his demons out of your house and  out of your life Jesus loves you

January 5, 2006, 10:22 pm CST

Maybe this will help

Quote From: charlie75

Sorry, like I said, I was sure your intentions were good.  Thank you for the site link.  That to me is more helpful than simply saying to pray.  Been praying all my life and well... I'm still praying.  Comes off as I may have little faith, but that isn't so.  I am just saying that God has not yet acted on my behalf yet.

I haven't checked out the sight but as a studied christian I know that if you're going to pray to God it has to be real. Meaning this: If you repeat prayers off of the sight it may or may not help. The most important thing to God is that your prayers are sincere. If you don't know exactly how to pray then maybe it is a good idea to quote some prayers off of the site mentioned but it is not necessary to say things perfectly. God knows you all you need to do is talk to him like he's sitting there beside you. If you are going to pray against spiritual powers directly, you're dealing with something altogether different. There are not many people who are experts at this, and I'm not one of them. I do know that living a holy lifestyle (in accordance to the Bible, following what Jesus said to live by) makes your prayers more powerful. 

If you want to invest time into this the best way to know what to pray is to get it directly from the Bible yourself. Get a book called a Strong's Concordance. It has references of every word listed in the Bible in alphabetical order. Search out all the scriptures with words such as spirits, prayer, etc.. that relate to your situation. These scriptures will tell you what to pray for and in what manner. 

One other thing, there is somethimg about saying the name of Jesus. Try it just say it over again. Try it when you're going to bed, waking up, when you get horrible thoughts and emotions rise up. Just say Jesus. It definately won't hurt! 

Nathan 

First | Prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | Next | Last