Message Boards

Topic : 01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Number of Replies: 508
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 12:06:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Do you believe that walking under a ladder or someone giving you the "evil eye" can give you bad luck? Dr. Phil's guests say that curses and evil spirits are wreaking havoc in their lives. Sarah is convinced that she's hexed. For the last five years, she has been plagued with what she calls the "Tuesday Curse." Watch what happens when Dr. Phil's producers follow her around on her "unlucky" day. Then, George is convinced he is reaping the negative effects of a curse put on his family years ago in Mexico. He has even put his wedding plans on hold because he fears the curse will cause him to divorce! Plus, David worries that his wife, Holly, may be possessed because she has had the same nightmare for the past seven years, and she has been talking in a man’s voice, speaking in a foreign tongue and barking like a dog. What's behind her fearsome dreams? And, a woman claims an exorcism, performed by her father 26 years ago, put demons inside of her.  Share your thoughts.

Find out what happened on the show.

More January 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 25, 2006, 7:57 am CST

No

Quote From: dlynn_pa

Has anyone tried to help you combine your talents?  I mean, has anyone sat down with you via hypnotherapy and tried to get your personalities to work together?  From what I understand, hypnosis has a good chance of working.
No. My therapist does not use hypnotherapy. I am not cocoscious- which means that I have no memory or awareness of what happens when one of them is functioning. I just lose time.  This is kind of off topic for this thread, though. I brought it up mostly to explain why churches fail when trying to deal with the curses part of this. They treat me like I am demon posessed - no more, no less.   And the psych world...well they don't look at the possibility of the supernatural. Bring it up to them, and they think you are hallucinating. Both directions to go for help are polar opposites when it comes to how to handle it. When I think that the answer is somewhere in the middle.  I don't think it is all or nothing...either 100% psychological OR 100% spiritual. People have physical, emotional AND spiritual needs. Getting shrinks to work together with the churches to meet those needs - that is the challenge. People can have problems in more than one area at the same time!

January 25, 2006, 8:05 am CST

Yes, it is that simple...

I will give it a try!!!  So, you just start a journal of sorts????  Instead of saying, "this got me down", you write, "I learned something today"?  Am I understanding correctly????

You can get a journal or any book you are comfortable writing in.  Then sit down and just make a note of anything- no matter how small- that seemed nice or uplifting or gave you any kind of hope.  Also try within yourself to let go of any small areas of pettiness that you think you can.  I mean for instance snapping at someone they will respond in kind, right?  Or if there is someone who really bugs you, try to feel sorry for them and think why they might have become as they are instead of hating them.  Never hate.  

There is an old saying about this too- people either see the glass as being half empty or half full.  Try to change yourself so that even most of the time you are seeing the glass half full.  It may take time but I am already finding this easier after quite a short time.  I am choosing not to "sweat the small stuff" and over time it has then become easier not to get so rattled by the larger stuff. 

Most of all, be at peace.  I know this sounds easier said than done but find small ways to nurture yourself so that you can find those moments to just smile and be you. 

Blessings always, 

SB 

January 25, 2006, 8:50 am CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: justweird

No. My therapist does not use hypnotherapy. I am not cocoscious- which means that I have no memory or awareness of what happens when one of them is functioning. I just lose time.  This is kind of off topic for this thread, though. I brought it up mostly to explain why churches fail when trying to deal with the curses part of this. They treat me like I am demon posessed - no more, no less.   And the psych world...well they don't look at the possibility of the supernatural. Bring it up to them, and they think you are hallucinating. Both directions to go for help are polar opposites when it comes to how to handle it. When I think that the answer is somewhere in the middle.  I don't think it is all or nothing...either 100% psychological OR 100% spiritual. People have physical, emotional AND spiritual needs. Getting shrinks to work together with the churches to meet those needs - that is the challenge. People can have problems in more than one area at the same time!
I think it all goes hand and hand.  You are a whole person and your problem needs to be addressed as such.  That is so unfortunate that you can not get help.  I am so sorry for that.

January 25, 2006, 8:51 am CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: shawbehan

You can get a journal or any book you are comfortable writing in.  Then sit down and just make a note of anything- no matter how small- that seemed nice or uplifting or gave you any kind of hope.  Also try within yourself to let go of any small areas of pettiness that you think you can.  I mean for instance snapping at someone they will respond in kind, right?  Or if there is someone who really bugs you, try to feel sorry for them and think why they might have become as they are instead of hating them.  Never hate.  

There is an old saying about this too- people either see the glass as being half empty or half full.  Try to change yourself so that even most of the time you are seeing the glass half full.  It may take time but I am already finding this easier after quite a short time.  I am choosing not to "sweat the small stuff" and over time it has then become easier not to get so rattled by the larger stuff. 

Most of all, be at peace.  I know this sounds easier said than done but find small ways to nurture yourself so that you can find those moments to just smile and be you. 

Blessings always, 

SB 

Well, I got my journal and wrote down my first thoughts.  I will have to admit, that it is already making me feel better!  Thank you!!!! 

January 25, 2006, 12:51 pm CST

No thanks necessary...

Well, I got my journal and wrote down my first thoughts.  I will have to admit, that it is already making me feel better!  Thank you!!!! 

I'm just glad that something I suggested actually helped.  It will be really neat to see where you are in a few weeks time and because you are writing down your thoughts, you will have a record and see how far you have come. 

Good luck with it.  Love and light in all you do, 

SB 

January 25, 2006, 5:15 pm CST

01/05 "Am I Cursed?"

Quote From: shawbehan

I'm just glad that something I suggested actually helped.  It will be really neat to see where you are in a few weeks time and because you are writing down your thoughts, you will have a record and see how far you have come. 

Good luck with it.  Love and light in all you do, 

SB 

I will keep you posted!  Thanks...

February 1, 2006, 8:45 am CST

It's Real

I suffered with the demon dreams for years and years, at least once a week. About 6 years ago I started telling myself what to say to them before I went to sleep. I knew, being a Christian, that I had power over them, but the fear would grip me in my dreams so strong that I would not remember that. So, I'd tell myself before going to sleep to say "In the name of Jesus Christ, demon, you must leave now!"

Then one night I said it in my dream. I remember I actually said "In the name of Jesus, demon be gone!" which was not the way I practiced it. Poof! Gone!! I woke and  was very pleased that not only did it work, it worked instantly. That was 6 years ago. I haven't had a demon dream since.

I watched the face of the lady when the guest doctor was telling her it was stress, and I knew exactly what she was thinking. Last year I went through a divorce, a sickness that almost killed me and a hurricane. No demon dreams.

February 1, 2006, 10:11 pm CST

Find Circle of Support

Quote From: justweird

justweird, you really should find a hypnotherapist. Demand your current psychologist to refer you to one. If that doesn't work, go through the yellow pages and look up psychologists or something and find one who will treat MPD and/or uses hypnosis for such cases! Please do everything you can to help yourselves; this would put my mind at ease because I sympathize with you greatly. 

You are right to say that the church can't handle cases such as yours. Please find some spiritual healing that will be more reasonable--New-Age/meditation groups are a better choice. You need to join a healing circle--Buddhist groups for example will offer better methods of helping you and will counsil with you. Do everything you can to find personal friends who will help heal and support you through your hardship. just DON'T GIVE UP.  

Above all love yourself and project love toward your other selves and all beings. Leave notes and messages of compassion and support to your selves and make suggestions to them that they also seek the same types of help I listed above. 

--- Peace and compassion to you all! 

February 2, 2006, 1:16 pm CST

No mame you are not !

I truly am ecstatic to have the honor and ability to be able to help to share with others what I been though my self on my way back to you. wow! actually i just started to write and that song came to my mind:^) 

Christ redeemed us from the curse becoming a curse for us. It is in the bible:I pray God this sweetheart of a lady God draw her to this message.point one 

point two the devil is a liar: many occults move in the spirit realm. they literally move in your tent(thats what the bible calls our body) sometimes they want to move you literally to fight,sometimes in a form to make ya sick)different ways of hexes. actually its a real dirty way of getting by with something by moving someone else to do it. 

I don't want this to sound complicated its hard to explain what you've taken years to learn. 

if your dad did an exorcism on you I apologies for him. cause that would be enough to fight en a child and cause their inward spirit to go down. I think your a beautiful Christian. don't feel bad and don't be afraid.more than likely a friend or family member is a occults and that's the problem. 

My dad, well unlike your case mine tried to get the devil to come and get me,more than the painful thing he did to me the fact i heard him say that scared me. perhaps your spouse should search the scriptures and God more. the night mares any thing bad the word states we are given the power to bind in Jesus name. so do that. God will use you in a MIGHTY WAY. And one other thing remember the word of God says therefore there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. So condemning words are not words of those in Christ ...disregard them. I've had many dreams the closer i get to the Lord the sweeter the dreams. I love Ya be healed in Jesus name. 

February 3, 2006, 10:15 pm CST

CURSED

For a curse to work either to give or receive one tow thing must  come to play if you give a curse you must believe that you can give a curse to some one if you dont it simply dont work.To be cursed you must believe that your curse.This pre suppose does it not that some one or some thing is  controling us if we dont believe that we are cursed then it dont work.
This a taught mechanisum that has been use since time began to control other even or parents has use this to control I.E dont go in the back basement monsters will get you once we get old  enought we see that there is nothing in the basement other then the basement.
It is so easy to say I did not accomplish nothing because I was curse;or this did not work it is curse.
This kind of thinking give all one's power to other of to events instead of saying what did I do wrong.Once we look  at  what we did wrong we can now fix it but to assume that some thing so foolish as a  curse can  control our lives it takes away from  who we are thank you.<Gemrob1>

First | Prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next | Last