Message Boards

Topic : 09/08 Too Hot!

Number of Replies: 179
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 20, 2006, 03:01:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 01/23) If you’ve got it, flaunt it! Dr. Phil's guests say they’ve gone from ugly ducklings to hot tamales, but their loved ones think they’ve gone too far. Audrey says she looks extra hot now that she's 62 ... and she's got a 28-year-old boyfriend to prove it! Her close friend, Crystal, thinks Audrey should hang up her miniskirts and start baking cookies. Then, Bobbie lost 140 pounds and gained an insanely jealous husband who thinks she looks way too sexy. What do the cameras reveal when they follow Bobbie out for a night on the town? Plus, a winner of the popular makeover show The Swan says she doesn't know how to handle her newfound beauty. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More September 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 21, 2006, 2:27 am CST

First of all< I want to thank you and your wife for the Christmas Show

And for the Dr Phil Foundation.  Kids Will have a better life. And Maybe others will join in Your Vision. Oprah is Onboard, and Mr. Samual Jackson too.  <THANKS> 

Makeover.  She is catching up  for the times she didn`t have confidence, and after a while she will be all caught up. 

TC  John 

January 23, 2006, 2:37 am CST

Audrey - you rock!

OK, how can we criticize Audrey for doing something most women fantasize about (at least, the ones who are honest with themselves!)?  She is having a ball, and her boyfriend looks quite happy.  All Dr. Phil's questions about a long-term relationship - hello?  Men have been doing this forever, because they could - can now we can too! 

Go girl!  

January 23, 2006, 5:50 am CST

01/23 Too Hot!

The fact that plastic surgery is so readily available with out any type of counseling/therapy bothers me.  I am sure I'd be sexy at 62 if my butt, breasts and face were younger than the rest of me. Would she be so confident if she didn't blow her retirement on plastic parts?  I have never been obese. Even at chubby, it doesn't take a scientist to realize that people treat you differently  depending on how you look. However, I wonder if gastric bypass was this woman' s first choice, or did she try other things? I'm not sure what her story is so I can't judge. However, it surprises me that she doesn't seem to get where her husband is coming from. The roles are reversed, yet she doesn't seem to recall how she felt when he got attention from women.  I do not fault the woman who was on "the Swan", but I do think the show is messed up. It totally plays on a woman's insecurities, then molds them into these cookie cutter people. Almost every woman on that show gets a boob job. People can't even tell what a real breast looks like  compared to fake ones.  I would hate to see what they'd do to me on that show.  To come out looking completely and utterly different from when you went in is bothersome to me, as if nothing about the person's original appearance is worth saving.    

I don't know exactly where I'm going with this, mainly that people alter thier appearance as a first step these days, and usually by going under the knife.  As the standard of beauty becomes more and more difficult to attain, it'll expose more insecurities.  

From a more feminist standpoint, where is the Swan for men? If women have to be equipped with frontal air bags, what will men have to have? a six pack?  The whole idea of the barbie doll standard of beauty has got to go. It seems that no matter how many Dove soap campaigns there are celebrating real women, there are more widely accepted marketing and entertainment methods that perpetuate the beauty myth.  

I totally admit that I get insecure about my appearance. I work out for an hour and a half at the Y daily and try to eat well, but I still have my days. At 27 years old, I'd still like to have a role model, someone I can look at on TV or in print and say, " She looks a lot like me ,and she's pretty".  

As much as I want to say that beauty and looks has nothing to do with it, I'd be lying to myself. Just like I'd be lying if I said that my trips to the Y are only because I want to get healthier.  

January 23, 2006, 6:31 am CST

Losing 140 pounds

Today guest about the lady losing the weight and now her husband don't like it.  I know how she feels.  Because I had the same thind done and I lost 140 pnds and after I done this my husband walked out on me and now we are no longer married.  When you have been fat for so long and you lost weight and you feel better you  enjoy people looking at you because before no one even thought you was a alive when you where fat...  I say enjoy your new look but make sure that your husband know and feels that you are his.  I'm so pround of you and for you feeling that you look good.  I have lost 140 pnd but I don't feel like I look good.  I'v was 278 pnds when I had it done and now I'm 135 pnds and I wish I could see that I'm not fat anymore.  So all I have to say is  

GO GIRL!! 

Mandy 

January 23, 2006, 7:06 am CST

62 she looks good, why shouldn't she flaunt it!!!

I think Dr. Phil was too harsh on the 62 year old woman. I think no matter what age you are , if you look good, you shold flaunt it. Also,If she wants to date a younger man it is her perogitive. Dr Phil needs to aplogize to her because,  she is women trying to enjoy her life and Dr Phil was trying to bring her down.

January 23, 2006, 7:26 am CST

Good for YOU!

For the lady that lost all that weight and her husband is now all pissy about it... I think if he really loved you for you he would be happy and pleased with your turn around. But then again that's not always the case. I'm 22 and a lil over weight,  My bf always gets on me about my weight and seening I've put on weight since we frist got together he always wants me to lose it. But I put myself in this girl shoes. If I do, I see how he is now when guys look at me or flirt with me, if I lose all this weight and become what I want look wise so bad, I feel the relationship will just become worse off, and end up like these 2.  If you really love someone you should always love them no matter what they look like and guys should take other guys hitting on your gf/wife with pleasure. Cause its you she's coming home to at nite and sleeping next to you. We all can be so pig headed at times... but you should always be happy and true to yourself!

January 23, 2006, 8:02 am CST

Audrey and Tyler

I think 34 years difference is a little much... but my question for them is:  Is Audrey older than Tyler's mother?  Also how does Tyler's mother feel about this? 

January 23, 2006, 8:43 am CST

U Go Girls..

Let these ladies enjoy their lives! Don't always put a damper on everything Dr. Phil!! 

Life is too short to go around always looking at the negative...I'm happy for for these ladies. 

Anyone that's not is probally jealous! Get over it!  

January 23, 2006, 8:56 am CST

Grandma too hott???

i have to say i agree with dr. phil. there is a big difference between 60 yrs of age to 80, unlike his 27 to 47. your body deteriorates much more quickly at audry's rate. yeah she's got a cute and spunkiness to her, i'll give her that... but she is in denial if she thinks this relationship will be long term. she's gonna get hurt when he throws her back after she's gotten really old. she can barely even smile, she's had so much plasic surgery, and she thinks she's aging gracefully. kudos to her wanting to be youthful and having a youthful spirit but stop being so naive.... 

January 23, 2006, 9:05 am CST

bobby losing 140 lbs...

i think bobby is really craving the attention that she never got when she was a larger person. i've never been chunky or obese so i don't know how it feels. i do know people who are fat get treated differently than those that are skinny. props to you losing all that weight! i think you should really have some compassion for your man and how he feels. he feels very jealous that the tables are turned. i'm sure he appreciates how great you look . when other men do disrespectful things to him involving you, he doesn't know how to deal with it. he's never had to deal with that. i think you rub it in his face a bit with all the flirting. if you want this relationship to work you'll have to realize that your husband knows you look great and that's all that should matter. other people looking at you is a good feeling too but flirting with that is not right. good luck to both of you. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last