Message Boards

Topic : 06/26 Twisted Love

Number of Replies: 2037
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 27, 2006, 02:41:03 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 02/02/06) Charles says he has exhausted his relationship with his wife of 19 years, and he's ready to try an alternative lifestyle. Instead of getting a divorce, Charles wants to explore polyfidelity -- a relationship where he is shared between his wife and his mistress. The mistress says she'll give it a try, but his wife, Tracy, says the thought makes her sick. Can Charles convince his wife to share him for the sake of their marriage? And what does Dr. Phil think? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

More June 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

March 13, 2007, 8:02 am CDT

Lemme compare to what he really did.

I really think, this guy is smart. But let me compare this kind of behaviour. I live in holland by the way, the shows come in later here, much later. But still I think I just gotta get this out of my mind.

Take this mathematical example, where it gets explained that 2 = 1.

You may have seen this little proof that 2=1: 

a = x [true for some a's and x's]
a+a = a+x [add a to both sides]
2a = a+x [a+a = 2a]
2a-2x = a+x-2x [subtract 2x from both sides]
2(a-x) = a+x-2x [2a-2x = 2(a-x)]
2(a-x) = a-x [x-2x = -x]
2 = 1 [divide both sides by a-x]

First of all, don't focus on the explaination of this very thing. It's about the reasoning of this.
2 = 1 is wrong, everyone knows it. Lets compare this to polyfidelity. Everyone knows it's wrong.

Now, Charles here, had a good marriage. But he met this women, this over-the-top attractive women.
He is the type of person that's really smart. He thought in steps, he thinks in steps how to get to his result.
What he did is the above comparison. He heard somewhere, about this solution 2=1. What I really mean is,
he heard about polyfidelity. He knew it was wrong from the very start.

He wanted the wrong solution though. He began thinking if he could reason it out. If he could twist maths (his relationship)
in súch a way, he might pull it off. So he began thinking of this way to get there. What he came onto, was this calculation above.

-----------

He had it. He figured out a way to get what he wanted. Cause he made an error in his calculation, in his reasoning.
He knew it though, but it was such a small twist, almost unnoticed, that he knew his wife wouldn't see the error in this reasoning.

He began to make steps, all right, he made conclusions and discussed every step with his wife. He said it wasn't working out,
that he had met someone else, and he said that he didn't want to leave his kids and wife alone. Sounds very like the person who
is really kind.
But then he comes to the step where he makes the error. After all the preperations, the acting, the creating of circumstances,
he comes to his conclusion. He does it in a way that he says he "never expected this to be the answer, but he accidently reasoned towards it."
His wife falls for it, and mr.Charles doesn't warn his wife that she makes an error and that she should correct him on it.

Right, so...his wife allows it, for a while! She begans to realise something is wrong, she doesn't see where though.
Charles notices it, but he acts like he doesn't know "why" either, but he says he's sure he did it right and it's the thing to do.
They came to the doctor phil show, because his wife was sure something was wrong, but didn't blame him. After all, his reasoning sounded innocent.
Now, after this show, doctor phil pointed out the error. And mr.Charles knows he made a very little error, and he now doesn't have to apologise to his wife.
Because he "made a mistake he couldn't see" and doctor phil understands that he made a mistake whilst not knowing it.

But the thing no one ever pointed out, is that he was a very very arrogant person, and selfish.
Cause he didn't reason towards a conclusion. He wánted the conclusion, and searched a way to be completely safe and explain it to his wife.

That's exactly why it all happened this way. Long post, sorry, but I know these type of persons.
And although this problem is over, other person have these problems as well. But they should see what someone is out to do when,
they're acting like this.

---------------------

BTW, the error in this math test is, that you can divide through (a-x) cause 1 - 1 = o, and you're not allowed to divide through zero.

March 15, 2007, 6:32 am CDT

arrogant and selfish

The only words to describe Charles were indeed: incredibly arrogant and selfish. Maybe he's better off in one of the countries where he can actually practice polyfidelity. He should understand though that he will not be able to speak his mind there but well, life's about choices. Between three consenting adults there shouldn't be a problem, but with children involved and one of the parties unwilling, it's the road to nowhere.

Had a good laugh watching him though, incredible how he presented his case, nodding his head like a wise old guy. Don't understand why his wife didn't box his ears right there and leave him on the spot.

Because no matter what he said about being honest, there was lying going on there too and once the first lie has been told, how can you ever believe the rest of it?

June 6, 2007, 10:27 am CDT

06/26 Twisted Love

Quote From: jenn93

If this man was my husband, 

I would have kicked him out of the house , out of my life , but not before putting some lube on my shoe and kicking him right in the ass!  He should be ashamed of himself for even suggesting such a pile of crap to his wife.   If you didn't want to be tied down in one relationship, you shouldn't have gotten married in the first place, as far as I am concerned this man is what I like to call a "man whore". 

Well, in this guys defense, Atleast he asked and dident just cheat on her.  Theres a fine line between being frisky and flat out Adultry.  I believe a member with the name jenn93 should be able to recall someone cheating on there man several times, and despite the guy being forgiving and trying to work things out, instead the person namly jenn93, continued to persist and cheat on them, How rude isint it?  But I suppose according to some people like yourself, double standards are acceptable.  Fine for the woman to go lay around but the guy remotly suggests something - suggests, not action it.  Youd kick him in the ass with lube right out of your life huh?   Very interesting.......

June 14, 2007, 2:36 pm CDT

Give Me a Break

Quote From: ciriis

Well, in this guys defense, Atleast he asked and dident just cheat on her.  Theres a fine line between being frisky and flat out Adultry.  I believe a member with the name jenn93 should be able to recall someone cheating on there man several times, and despite the guy being forgiving and trying to work things out, instead the person namly jenn93, continued to persist and cheat on them, How rude isint it?  But I suppose according to some people like yourself, double standards are acceptable.  Fine for the woman to go lay around but the guy remotly suggests something - suggests, not action it.  Youd kick him in the ass with lube right out of your life huh?   Very interesting.......
This guy  was dishonest from the start when he told the mistress that his doormat...ur...uh...wife approved of the arrangement.  He diserves no credit.  He followed up his suggestion with action. 

October 15, 2007, 1:41 pm CDT

From Charles on the show

Must be another Charles making replies

You will see an underscore at the end. = Charles_

October 15, 2007, 1:44 pm CDT

Happy & Healthy

FROM CHARLES ON THE SHOW;

Tracy and I are doing great and the boys are growing fast.  This show was taped in January 2006 so it's been almost 2 years.  Thanks for your support!

Charles

June 26, 2008, 9:48 am CDT

I am sorry

Quote From: malloy3

I just read your message. I have MS, my husband was cheating on me and still living with me. He was also seeing other women besides one special one. She did not know, suspected, but he lied to her as he lied to me. I have so much trouble with the women on the other side of this. I know the men lie about the situation as Charles did to some degree. But why do women want to get in the middle, most of them suspect infidelity, if they are unfaithful no matter what the reason, doesn't stand to reason that they could be unfaithful to the new woman.   My husband has played this game long before my MS, used my MS as an excuse, if he wanted out, he should have gotten out before he destroyed my life and my childrens lives. I had to be the hero, end the marriage, but he is still seeing, sleeping with many women and he tells me they have no idea what is going on. I am telling you it's a personality trait, he has done this to 2 wifes, and many, many women. Good luck, if you are smart you will end it. The probability that he will cheat on you is 100%  

I am sorry this happened to you, and let me apologize for being a fool and for whoever the fool was that got attached to your relationship too.  The person I was with went on and on about what a hero he was, purple hearts, retired fireman, accomodations--and now big help to sickly wife.
I hate that I added to the whole thing, I am getting out. I don't get why the stupid man can not let go, there must be a long line of ladies who believe this crap, I wish I could scream from the roof tops---LOSER!!!!!!
LIAR!!!!!!!!!!  STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

First | Prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | Next Page | Last Page