Message Boards

Topic : 08/16 The Hunt for Amanda

Number of Replies: 581
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 03, 2006, 04:17:21 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 02/07/06) Follow Dr. Phil inside an incredible family drama. Sixteen-year-old Amanda has been missing for over four months. Her parents, Paul and Linda, say she ran away with her boyfriend, George, and what they call his "Gypsy family." Dr. Phil puts his own investigator on the case in a hunt that stretches across 10 state lines. See Amanda’s tearful reunion with her mother, but then learn why their sweet moments together soon turn sour. Dr. Phil hears the teen's emotional confession about where she's been, and where she hopes to go next. Plus, the family erupts in a conflict so explosive, authorities have to be called to their hotel. What sets Amanda off? Dr. Phil puts some tough questions to George, and Amanda's family makes a heart-wrenching decision about their daughter's future. Can Amanda's life be set straight? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

More August 2006 Show Boards.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 20, 2008, 3:26 pm CDT

Very disappointed

Im very diappointed that dr phil didnt pull the parents and sister up for the way they behaved in the hotel.

This mother needs to understand that Amanda could be doing much worse things with her life, I know i've been there. My mum would not comprimise with me so i turned to drugs and abusive men. Thankfully i am now clean and we have great relationship because she stopped fighting me and let me make my mistakes and Ive learnt from them.

It is hard to let your little girl grow up but you need to be sensible you cant lock your daughter up or watch her 24/7 what you need to do is inform her about the consequenses of having sex and contraception and if she won't talk to you about it coz shes embarrased send her to the doctor herself. 

I can clearly see the problem the mother has, she doesnt want her little girl to have sex plain and simple. And that is what Amanda wants to do. Come on be real people do everone likes it and teens are going to do it, in Australia where I live the legal age is 16. 

If she did as I say and inform her shes got nothing to worry about in regards to unwanted pregnancy and stds

All I can say is dont try to fight teenagers all you will get is heartache.

First | Prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | Next Page | Last Page