Message Boards

Topic : Borderline Personality Disorder

Number of Replies: 946
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Saturday, February 04, 2006, 07:59:09 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
If you or a loved one suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder, find encouragement and support, share advice, and connect with others dealing with this illness.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 4, 2006, 8:45 pm CST

Thanks for the new board DrPhilBoard1!

February 4, 2006, 8:52 pm CST

OK FOLKS! Let's get this show on the road...

How about DBT?
It works for me!
Blue

February 5, 2006, 1:25 am CST

so...

This too is one of my many labels...I at one time didn't like it...I looked it up in the DSM....I had some characteristics which could be rationalized.  Quite frankly the medications I am on now seem to work so I really do not care what "THEY" say I have. 

I am better and productive and no longer angry and have a handle on me and have myself in check pretty much so I'm glad about this.  I still find myself escaping because this is an old trick that comforts me and its MY SAFE place in my mind.  I do not want to give this place up inside of me. 

It would be to me like cutting off my arm.  I really need to be clear about this it has taken me years to be OK with this.  Years like 14 years of therapy numerous attempts of various different cocktails of medications.  A whole lot of other stuff before I reached this place.  I hope others share here.  We need each-other. 

February 5, 2006, 1:26 am CST

Hi..

Quote From: blue_white

How about DBT?
It works for me!
Blue
Will you please tell me what is DBT?     Something Behavior Therapy?  Thank You...

February 5, 2006, 1:26 am CST

Yes...

Quote From: blue_white

I do second that.....Thank you Dr. Phil..

February 5, 2006, 7:45 am CST

Borderline Personality Disorder

Thank you Dr. Phil for listening and putting this message board up.... Greatly appreciated.  

Blaze  

February 5, 2006, 7:50 am CST

I was diagnosed with BPD in may. I ended up in the hospital and was trying to cut and binge along with lots of abandonment issues. i saw my file on the nurses desk and it said i had BPD. I asked a thereapist what it meant and she said no big deal. I asked my doctor and he said that they didnt want to tell me that i had it too soon. Since this is only one of the labels that i have. I have bi polar and major depression (recurrent). social anxiety. I was angry for months over this. i didnt understand  it and it frustrated me with another label. This had to do with my personality and how i react to others. I always knew that i had a problem in this area but now i know why. Was anyone else angry when they were diagnosed with this? Since this is a new board. How can we help each other out?  

blaze  

February 5, 2006, 4:33 pm CST

Anger?

Yeap I was a bit on the peeved i guess simply because they didn't tell me what it was while i was in the hospital. I had heard of it but didn't know anything about it. I thought it meant i had either too much personality or not enough. lol I was diagnosed with it in November of 2005 though I have been bipolar for many years. Knowing that I got a new title to add is not my idea of fun but it explianed a lot at least to me and hence has got me working in a new direction. Celticeme

February 5, 2006, 8:59 pm CST

Quote From: celticeme

Yeap I was a bit on the peeved i guess simply because they didn't tell me what it was while i was in the hospital. I had heard of it but didn't know anything about it. I thought it meant i had either too much personality or not enough. lol I was diagnosed with it in November of 2005 though I have been bipolar for many years. Knowing that I got a new title to add is not my idea of fun but it explianed a lot at least to me and hence has got me working in a new direction. Celticeme
those titles will get you every time. It too helped me to see why i react and do certain things. Feel abandoned by my biological parents. The anxiety is very high and the destructiveness of the disorder is so bad. Are you getting help with your bpd? What has helped you?

February 5, 2006, 9:44 pm CST

Quote From: blazes06

I was diagnosed with BPD in may. I ended up in the hospital and was trying to cut and binge along with lots of abandonment issues. i saw my file on the nurses desk and it said i had BPD. I asked a thereapist what it meant and she said no big deal. I asked my doctor and he said that they didnt want to tell me that i had it too soon. Since this is only one of the labels that i have. I have bi polar and major depression (recurrent). social anxiety. I was angry for months over this. i didnt understand  it and it frustrated me with another label. This had to do with my personality and how i react to others. I always knew that i had a problem in this area but now i know why. Was anyone else angry when they were diagnosed with this? Since this is a new board. How can we help each other out?  

blaze  

I was raging when I found out and more because it came from the past and the abuse I went through. I hate my father because he sexual abuse me when I was 3 years old and my sister too,   when she was 9. I was raped 3 times when I was 14 and several times as and adult.   This illness sucks! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last