User Mood
Cranky

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 4:30 pm CDT

Barbara The "N" word :STOP using it!

Sept 11,2008

Oh, Good Grief! It's 2008!

NO ONE should be using the "N" word, or any variant  therof! No One!

No young black men, no veterans of any era, or culture, no "I -have -black -friends"  whites.  No ONE!  It's a loaded word,  at root  hate-based, and is even worse (possibly) when used by those who claim a "right" to it.

Go back to the history books, everyone!

This is one word that can't be saved  even for special one-time only use! Let's move on to  seek, as Lincoln noted :"The better angels of our nature." 

Barbara Baldwin

Spokane,WA  

User Mood
Cranky

Message Emote
anxious
October 18, 2008, 3:52 pm CDT

Fear and unemployment

Phobias are for those who have time for them...those of us who are suddenly  UN-employed, and terrified ,are being  ignored. I notice I'm so stressed, my typing looks like that of a 10-year-old....... After decades,of employment in education, and a "bread-and-butter"job, too-- I'm OUT  IN THE COLD,  invisible to the politicians, and to the media.....I don't care about the problems of millionaires or starlets!A lot of us are watching Dr. Phil for solace, suggestions, a panel of psychologists  perhaps?.....Something! Add Suze Orman to the mix and maybe this terrible Panic  that has gone unrecognized  can be addressed. We're  not all homeownders- a lot of us rent.....and have always been ok with  that. Forget "business as usual" at Dr. Phil- and for the next 17 whatever days ,help us COPE!  

Blessings. B. Ellen

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board