Message Boards

Messages By:

November 7, 2005, 5:51 am CST

Read it again.

James -- she said that her daughter had mental issues, not a mental illness -- there is a big difference.  A lot of people have "issues" but aren't necessarily ill.  Her concerns sound pretty valid to me. 

February 8, 2006, 9:16 pm CST

Hi, Paul!!

I visited the message board today hoping to find a way to get in touch with you, and there you were!  I just wanted to offer you my support.  I don't know if we are allowed to post our e-mail address on here, but I will go ahead and do it -- MAF0501@YAHOO.COM.  You can e-mail me any time if you want or need to talk.  I imagine that you must feel pretty isolated at times, which certainly doesn't help your situation.  You need a support network -- people you can turn to.  The web can be a great resource for that -- just hop on and talk to someone you know is on your side who can give you encouragement, divert your attention from eating, etc.  So if you see this message, send me an e-mail!  Take good care of yourself. 

~ Melissa 

February 9, 2006, 10:02 am CST

To Vicki~

That is wonderful news about Jazmyn!!  I am so glad that she is making such good progress.  It must feel great!  Both of you keep up the good work!! 

Take care~ 

Melissa 

April 27, 2006, 9:53 am CDT

Bottom line

This woman has eaten her way to 700 pounds -- plain and simple.  She may be genetically predisposed to be overweight/obese -- only meaning that she is MORE LIKELY to become overweight/obese than someone who is not predisposed, NOT that she HAS to be -- but her own eating and activity habits have put her where she's at.  She eats and eats and barely moves.  That is her real problem, not her genes.  She keeps a tub of M&M's by her bed, for Heaven's sake! 

I feel SO sorry for her kids -- she really has robbed them of a life thus far. 

And before any overweight/obese people on here jump on me, let me say that I weigh over 300 pounds myself -- so I am not some insensitive, "skinny" person judging fat people.  I'm fat too, and I owe it to my terrible eating habits and lack of exercise.  To attribute it to anything else would be a total lie.  Even though I am an emotional eater and have never formed a healthy, "normal" relationship with food, at the end of the day, I -- and I alone -- stuffed my face all by myself.......and then went and laid down. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board