Message Boards

Messages By: margevoll

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
happy
January 2, 2006, 10:16 pm CST

Fear of driving

I too was afraid to drive, not so much because I doubted that I could, but because I was afraid of what the other drivers would do. So, when it came to either drive, or stay home, I determined to get my license. To help me, I signed up with a driving school, just to have someone next to me that would be able to control the car if I froze. Well, to make a long story short, I got my license 4 years ago, and wonder how I went without it so long.  BTW, I'm 63, so it's never too late.

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
frustrated
February 1, 2006, 7:11 am CST

Hoarders

Oh Yes, I was married to a hoarder.  Every year it got worse and worse. I'm sorry to say that he has passed away, and, in addition to grieving his death, I'm the one left to deal with all the "STUFF".  What makes it worse is that he mixed personal belongings in with his junk, so I have to go through every box, every paper, before I can throw it out.  My kids have been a big help, but most of the burden is mine. Can you imagine, in addition to all the boxes in the house, the 2 car garage was so full it was impossible to even walk into it.  I have since gotten that emptied out to the point where I can actually fit 2 cars in there. As I look around the house and think about all the stuff still left to deal with, I try to use the garage as a symbol that it can get done. 

My only question is:  Dr. Phil, WHERE were you 10 years ago??  :) 

User Mood
Sad

Message Emote
sad
January 2, 2007, 7:55 am CST

Show pre-empted

I live in the northeast, NY to be exact, and today's (Tuesday's) Dr. Phil show has been pre-empted by Pres. Ford's funeral. Is there a chance this show will be re-run soon?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board