Message Boards

Messages By: irish718

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
anxious
October 2, 2006, 6:22 am CDT

High School Student

My daughter is not very attentive to her school work. If she is getting 70's or a little above that, then to her it's good because at least she past. Deep down I get very dissapointed about her attitude towards getting better grades. Alot of the girls that she was in grade school with are in first and second track, and my daughter is in third track. I tried to tell her she could get better grades if she would just read and study more, but she just blows me off. I don't know what to say to her. I don't want to say anything negative, I don't even mention college because I don't think she is college material. She just wants to get out of high school and get on with her life. What can I do to make her see that if she doesn't try to do better now, then she will also be struggling with low paying jobs, and just getting by like she is now. I don't want her to think that just getting by is ok!  What can I do to change her mind?

Thank You

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
May 18, 2007, 9:21 pm CDT

To Amy

Amy, you are only 24 years old! And you have 4 children. I know that you are very confused and you are depressed and frustrated. You made mistakes, but you are young...I hope that you get the help that Dr. Phil is giving you. Dr. Phil is the best, and he does care about you and your children. Don't listen to anybody but Dr. Phil, people are gonna make comments, but don't let that bother you, just do what you need to do for you and your children, then you can move on and move out. You can do it, I think that you are intelligent and all you need is some motivation. I seen the show, and you have alot of emotions, you walked off the show and you cried, you had a hard time listening to the truth...I really felt bad for you. You feel like you are a good for nothing! Right? You feel worthless? You made mistakes and now you have to live with these mistakes, and now you really don't know what to do! Just get the help that Dr. Phil is offering to you. This help can only benefit you and your children, please take advantage of this!  I understand what you are going through, I got married a young age, had my first child at the age of 22, I had no idea what I was doing, we were still living in an 1 bedroom apartment. We didn't have a real home to call our own, after I had my daughter we had to find a home. My husband wasn't really there for me, all the responsiblities of taking care of a baby was on me. He was working his full time job, plus his side job, then when he wasn't working, he was going out fishing or somewhere with his friends...I remember things that still bother me to this day, like kicking me whenever the baby would start moving in the crib, he was telling me to get up and take of this. This still bothers me to this day, I got no help from him. Anyway, this isn't about me! This is about you, you are a mother of 4 children, and you need to step up and be strong for them...If you feel like you need someone to talk to, I am here for you. I do understand what you are going through!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
confused
May 25, 2007, 8:31 pm CDT

Maureen McCormick

You Know MAUREEN, as hard as it is...You just need to step back and realize that there is a point in your life that you just need to think about yourself!!! Your Father and your brother are who they are, no matter what you or anybody else says! I hope that you get the help that you need. You can't change them, plus, you are somebody that is special, you are an actress!!!  You know the rope's, get in there and go back to acting!!! Hey, once you start acting again you will be surprised at how life can be turned around again. Just put your energy into what you are good at!!! I understand that your life wasn't the greatest, but you are here, and you do have talent!!! You do really need to focus your energy back into the acting world, there are people out there that will help you. Like I said, you are old enough to just think about yourself...Get out of the Negative influence of your brother, I watched this show and it looked to me like alot of Bullshit, I understand that you are concerned about your Father. Something has been going on with you and your family for a long time now? There is a brother that supports you, and there is a brother that condems you!!! Maureen, just get out there and think about yourself, you are very talented, don't give up! I really don't think you are gonna win with your Father and your Brother! You need to claim what is your's, you need to go back into acting, you are already famous, it's just get's better!!!   I do pray for you to get better!

I feel sooo sorry for you! And, I understand what you are going through, you had to live with all of this...Now is the time to HEAL!!! THINK OF YOURSELVE!!! GET OUT THERE AND ACT LIKE YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO!!!  Maureen, just do it!!!

Irishlassie718@aol.com

Write me if you want to talk or just vent!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
worried
May 25, 2007, 9:16 pm CDT

Maureen McCormick

Hi Maureen, I usually delete emails that I think are spams!!! If you write back to me, tell me that you are Maureen from the Dr.Phill Show!!! I would really like to here from you, really!!!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
frustrated
July 6, 2008, 2:48 pm CDT

Daughter Rival

My daughter has been rebelious since she was a little girl. She was always mouthy, and did what she wanted to do. I had her when I was young, I didn't have the patience for that kind of attitude. Yes, I use to argue back with her, now I know that it was a mistake to argue back. She's been in relationship different men, and couldn't get along with them, so she would end up coming back home to live with us. She's now in a relationship with a man that both my husband and I like, he treats her good and provides for her. My daughter argues with him, usually in front of her six year old daughter, she's is now thirty one years old. I on the other hand had two girls later in life, my girls don't understand why my oldest is always so angry. I try to brain storm about it, but that's just the way she is. She is always very negative, and say's alot of negative things to my two younger daughters. etc...The one is spoiled and lazy, and the other one is a cocky little thing...She even tries to get them to agree with her on certain issues. She tries to get them to turn against  my husband and I. She really shouldn't be talking to them at all, about anything negative, there young and able to understand where she's coming from. But, ya, she's very negative, and I don't know what to do about it. Any Idea's from anyone?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board