Message Boards

Messages By: barbdow

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
December 16, 2006, 11:32 am CST

Grandma's Broken Heart

My heart is broken; I am so very sad.  Why does my grandson want to make me cry?  Why does he want to make others in our family cry?  He went to re-hab out of town for many months and returned like the grandson I used to know.  He even passed his G.E.D. test and graduated.  He turned 18.  I thought life was great.  But it is not.  He has started using drugs again.  And I am crying again.  We live in a small town and I have heard that some of the prominent business men here are selling/dealing in drugs.  There has been a drive-by shooting of a man in his yard, people run off the road and killed, and no one accused or caught for these crimes.  Why are some of the adults in our town selling drugs to children?  Money?  If someone snitches will they get killed too; will they get their house burned down?  If my grandson gets caught with drugs he will go to jail.  If he overdoses and dies...well, what is worse than a family member  younger than you dying?  I am so sad; I am worried.  My heart is broken. I don't know the cure for a broken heart.  Do you?

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
November 1, 2008, 11:06 am CDT

11/05 Mind Control?

Dr. Phil.  Just read your up-coming show on mind control - about Yehweh.  Well, this town of St. James MO (approx. 20 ago) had a Yehweh city move in just outside of town.  I can look back now and see that it was in actuality a religious cult, or maybe some people interpreted Yahweh City (as it was called then) as superstitious.  Yehweh City survived in this area for about 7 years.  At one point they had an open house, which brought people from all over the area, counties and cities.  Many of these people were sick or in wheel chairs, hoping to be cured.  You see, the man who was looked up to in Yahweh city taught that if you enter one of his buildings in Yehweh City and stand or sit under a triangular pointed ceiling that you would be cured.  That is what he taught.  This information was rumored and possibly printed in newspapers.  No, I was not a member of Yehweh City.  My mother was very curious about this city, so I took her for their open house day.  As we entered Yahweh city I did see people being pushed in their wheel chairs...hoping to be healed...under the triangular ceiling.  All we got was a tour of a couple of his buildings and promotional flyers were laying on tables.  He head of Yahweh City did not show!  Many people went home and were very disappointed that they did not get healed...or even see the big wig of Yahweh.   This supposedly religious cult decided to move to Florida and  they had an auction of their furniture, etc.  I did like a nice maple coffee table that I had seen at the open house tour so I bid $35.00 on it and won.  I still have it in my home. Can  you fancy that? 

Anyway, this is my story of a Yehweh City at the end of St. James MO, poopulation 3,000.  And good bye and good ridence to them all.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board