Message Boards

Messages By: wolfweeps

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
sad
November 2, 2005, 9:46 am CST

New job is driving crazy..heathcare...frustrating field...

Quote From: lucky35

I just went through this same sh*t! I was hired as a coordinator for a health care company making $45,000.00  Within 10 weeks, I was forced to resign.  It's a long story, but I was treated really bad by three of these women at the center.  I was made fun of and a lot of sh*t was stirred-up about me by another coworker and I got blamed for it.  To make matters worse, they sent me all over this region to get trained ( I had to be certified in 5 areas) and I would show-up at my destination and people at that center were rude to me and telling me "they didn't have time to train me".   I have never in my life been treated so mean and rudely. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, but what I did was figured that I had absolutely nothing to lose.  If you are prepared to find another place to work (which being a nurse I don't think that would be difficult).  I would contact the head of Human Resources and cause as much trouble for this woman as possible. I would call her boss and tell him/her exactly what she's been doing and then call his/her boss and go all the way up to the Board of Directors if you have to and  I would call their Business Practices Line and complain, too.  You may even want to contact a lawyer for age discrimination (anyone over 40 is at risk, although that's a bit drastic).  My point is, if you're out the door (which you probably are), I'd bring as many people down with me.  Don't leave quietly! This may not get them fired (but then again it might), but it would at least put some misery in their life as they have done to you.  I hope this helps.

I can sympathize. I've been a prof. caregivier for 10 years, and been lucky to travel around the country with my hubby and never had a problem finding work in my field. But we moved back to the mainland from Hawaii in June, and found to my amazement just how brutal young people in this field can be. I'm 46 years old, and working with young care givers younger than my two children. Their lack of self control of their mouths, attitudes and behavior baffle me. Being a temporary staff support, I come into the facility to assist existing caregivers, but I have little or no avenues to direct my concerns. I have to provide the best of care of my ability, make sure no abuse occurs while I work with my asigned co-worker, and just get through the shift without grinding my teeth to the bone.  

The stress is so high that I jumped at the chance at a job offer referral from another facility with better benefits, and hopefully better caregiving environment.  I jumped through all their pre-hiring hoops...a physical an occupational and physical therapy examination, background checks, and drug testing and etc....only to be informed the following day by their Human Resource Dept. that the job offer had been withdrawn because I lifted 65 pounds and not 75 pounds due to the fact that I was recovering from a head cold that is going around all the healthcare facilities in the area. I met all the other requirements, and had excellent recommendations, and besides, they sought me out, not the other way around. I had my resignation all written up to deliver the following day to my current company, and the job offer being withdrawn just devastated me.  

The other healthcare facility told me that all the numbers had been entered into their central corporate database, and it determeined that I was not "fit" to do the job.  

Can anyone imagine how that just felt like a fist in my heart and soul? My worth as an individual comes down to numbers being entered into a computer program? How is this right? 

I'm good at what I do as a caregiver, a professional who provides care to those that no longer have that ability to do that for themselves whether it is temporary or long term.  

I will go back to work today at my current position, an question my abilities until I can work this out in my heart and mind. Perhaps it is time to change careers, because it appears that the human factor, individual abilities no longer matter...that recovering from a head cold determines your worth as a human being in the work force anymore. We are no longer people anymore...we are numbers........this saddens me more than anyone can know. 

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
hopeful
November 3, 2005, 10:29 am CST

I offer this simple thing to all who need our love and support....(HUGS)

To All, 

I offer this to all that need love and support for all the GOOD & the BAD times in our lives....*s* 

When my heart was heavy, hurt and confused...when I felt the most lost and frustrated with those that lack compassion for other's than themselves, a friend sent me the following wisdom. I helped me see that the world is part of all of us, as we are ALL part of the world. It helps me stay balanced, and especially true to myself and who I truly am within myself. 

I'm having a terrible time myself right now, and I keep these words in my wallet. I take them out when I get frustrated with trying to communicate with those that will not "listen".  I hope that although the person I'm trying to get through to at that moment is not listening...perhaps instead I can "listen" to someone else that has a greater need at the moment to be "heard". 

Wolfweep's 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

NATIVE AMERICAN SPIRITUALISM     

Native American Code Of Ethics  

1.`` Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.

2.`` Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy, and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.

3.`` Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.

4.`` Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.

5.`` Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.

6.`` Respect all things that are placed upon this earth - whether it be people or plant.

7.`` Honor other people's thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.

8.`` Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.

9.`` All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.

10.`` Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.

11.`` Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. They are part of your worldly family.

12.`` Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life's lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow.

13.`` Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.

14.`` Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this universe.

15.`` Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self - all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.

16.`` Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.

17.`` Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal property of others - especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.

18.`` Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.

19.`` Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.

20.`` Share your good fortune with others. Participate in charity.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~The Native Americans have a saying.....
What is Life? Life is the flash of the firefly at night. Or the breath of the buffalo on a cold winter's morning. Life is like the small shadow that runs along the tops of the grasses until it gets lost. It is not long nor is it short. It is just Life.  

Author Unknown  

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
quiet
May 24, 2007, 7:38 pm CDT

Can't fall asleep, and can't stay asleep.

Quote From: jgardner1014

I cant tell you how many times i here this same story over and over. trust me when i say "YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!" I am a tech at a sleep disorders center in indiana. i do sleep studies for people who are suspected of having sleep apnea. if you dont know what apnea is, its the stopping and starting of your breathing when you sleep. it can cause you to feel extremely tired and fatigued. falling asleep fast is a symptom, as well as, extreme tiredness no matter how much sleep you get. My suggestion to you is to do some research on sleep apnea and cpap (continuous positive airway pressure) therapy. You are not lazy, well maybe you are, lol, but you may also have sleep apnea. if you have any questions, let me know. hope you figure things out so you can feel better.

I guess I'm the odd one out these days. I can't seem to fall or stay asleep. For the last 5 years its been hell, and I had hopes that now that we've completed our final move, and staying put would at least help me to fall asleep much easier. Instead, I can't get to sleep earlier than 1:30 am , and I gotta get up for work at 5:00 am.

But to top it all off, if I do get into a good restful sleep earlier than normal I get the most terrible charlie horses in both legs! It's a struggle not to fall out of the bed to get up and walk around to try walk the cramp out. But, nine times out of ten I have to get into the tub to take a hot shower and just pray that the cramp will leave me in blessed peace.

I have tried everything under the sun to prevent the charlie horses, exercise, stretching, and until month before last, Quinine. Now they aren't making Quinine which was cheaper, but some synthetic stuff that now I won't be able to afford for any length of time.....

Anyone have any ideas? I would sure appreciate it.  I thank you so much in advance....*S*

Namaste

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
hopeful
November 2, 2008, 8:38 pm CST

Mind control & manipulation

From the time I was a young teen many, many years ago I witnessed so much hypocrisy in the church. Using the Bible and religion as a weapon used to enrage me, but over the years I gained my own spirituality and feel comfortable enough in my own faith that I no longer feel the sting from anyone trying to manipulate me with their "God" or religion. We raised our 2 children not in any church, but with respect for others and goodness in their hearts. To treat everyone equally and with honor. They are grown adults now, and have turned into amazing people on their own journey in finding their faith..religion...or whatever you choose to call it. They have never hurt others with words or actions, never been in trouble, and have always had a home that was always welcome to them. We just raised them never to attack others with religion or lack thereof, and find faith in their own way. WE have been blessed through thick and through thin in the last 33 years. Through hard times and good times...we have always remained a close family. We just never used religion in our home as a weapon or manipulation of any kind. I am sure that other families have raised their children these way as well without having the "wrath of God" reigning down upon our heads...*S*  Our faith in a higher power seems to have been a good thing in our home and family....*S*

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2008, 9:05 pm CST

Peace within one self...

Quote From: shadesofblue1

I am near the point of emotionally breaking down. I am just like a sponge absorbing all this pain and nothing squeezes out. I have felt very hopeless to the point where i would lay in the woods just waiting to starve to death while yelling at God. I know alot is my fault but my mistakes are routed from issues that are not my fault. I need help but my job and ambition crumbles shortley and then there is no help. i look at what i want out of life and it is being stolen because i don't have a way to grow and deal with my problems. i feel like just walking until i vanish this life because i'm just a bother for my family and it seems like i'm becoming a ghost any way. My suicide is half hearted but i know if i don't find help i won't become the man i want to be and i may get worse and end up hopeless then desperate on the street and eventually dead.

Take a deep breath and know that each of us at one time or another have been where you are. I used to be angry  for awhile, and then learned that it was because I was frustrated with an angry world all the time. But I can't change anyone, but I can change myself. Lower my expectations to a more manageable level and create short term goals instead of huge ones that will never get met. It made a world of difference.

Life is too damn short to be angry all the time, and as you get older time passes to damn fast...*S* One day at time...it will get you through each day alot more calmer than you know....*S*

I wish you well..and know that you are not alone in this frustrating world. You can only live one day at a time, and only deal with one problem at a time. Being overwhelmed will chew you up and spit you out if you don;t learn to take a deep breath once in awhile....*S*

~Namaste~( We are All Relate)

User Mood
Angry

Message Emote
hopeful
November 2, 2008, 9:08 pm CST

I am not angry...it just emoted that...*S*

Quote From: wolfweeps

Take a deep breath and know that each of us at one time or another have been where you are. I used to be angry  for awhile, and then learned that it was because I was frustrated with an angry world all the time. But I can't change anyone, but I can change myself. Lower my expectations to a more manageable level and create short term goals instead of huge ones that will never get met. It made a world of difference.

Life is too damn short to be angry all the time, and as you get older time passes to damn fast...*S* One day at time...it will get you through each day alot more calmer than you know....*S*

I wish you well..and know that you are not alone in this frustrating world. You can only live one day at a time, and only deal with one problem at a time. Being overwhelmed will chew you up and spit you out if you don;t learn to take a deep breath once in awhile....*S*

Namaste( We are All Relate)

Sorry about the emote status...apparently it took a life of its own...Just hopeful...*S*

Take care...*S*

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board