Message Boards

Messages By: ccwolf69

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 15, 2007, 5:34 pm CDT

Christopher & Adrianne

I've always thought Chris and Adrianne marriage was a train wreck waiting to happen. Still, it's getting them both the exposure they would never have had otherwise. God, I hate celebrwannabees!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 22, 2007, 12:01 pm CDT

Labeled negative for being truthful

I have to handle being labeled a negative person just because I tell the truth, no matter if it's in conflict with my bosse's "rosey" but unrealistic outlook. All of the other "apple polisher's" in management tell the boss what they think he wants to hear. I'm tired of losing raises because of it but I'd rather be truthful than 3% richer.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
October 20, 2007, 4:03 pm CDT

Hang in there Danny

Please be assured you are not alone. I don' t know what it is with women these days. Statistics say a higher percentage of women file for divorce first. Usually around the time the last child is out of the house.

I have been separated for almost two years. On December 2, 2005 my wife of 26 years sat me down and asked for a divorce. I refused and asked that we separate (since she had already rented her own apartment). I have been trying ever since to get her into counseling but she refuses.

Just this past June on our 28th anniversary (we've been together 31 years), I relented to a divorce because it was obvious she still wanted out. You go through every emotion you would have if someone had dies. At times I feel like I'm losing my mind. The problem is she's still out there and enjoying her life, or so it seems.

The biggest mystery to me is why. Every time I ask her I get a different answer. I believe that things turned about 14 years ago when she recalled she had been raped at the age of 6 and twice again as a child. She won't get help for that either and it has affected our relationship. Her adult children avoid her because of the personaity disorders she has developed (or maybe has always had).

I call it giving in but not giving up.  If she would get help, the door is wide open to her coming back. As for myself I can't work on my issues unless I know what they are. The biggest thing is I suffer from (inherited) depression and I have sought help for that.

Danny, all men can be pricks at times because we're pushed to our limits of being dominated. We're men! We want to be respected because we are the king of our castle. Despite if we treat our women like queens, women today want to be king too.

Hang in there Danny. Don't give up. Fight for your marriage because it is the right thing to do. Don't give into the "Hollywood" standard of marriage for show and not commitment. I'm with ya' brother!

Jeff Arnett

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
confused
April 26, 2008, 2:00 pm CDT

Couger Craze

While it really doesn't bother me what two adults want to do with their lives, what does make me scratch my head is the reverse double standard of when men have a relationship with younger women. They get treated like pervs. I'm not talking men who go after 18 yo's and below. I'm talking men 40+ that want to date women 15+ years younger than themselves. Women think it's ok if they do it but let a man do it and they are assulted with a barrage of "dirty old men" style insults and even threats. You can't have it both ways ladies!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
June 7, 2008, 12:27 pm CDT

You're Not Alone, Danny!

My wife of 29 years (June 16th 2008) walked out on me 2-1/2 years ago. Even though each situation is different, I know your heartach because like you I thought it would be forever. I know the rollercoaster ride you've been on. Unlike you, to this day I still don't know the truth why and I finally got the papers two weeks ago.  You know the old adage, "when you love something set it free..."? Well that's what I've resigned myself to do. Just remember you are among the many and we are one.

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 1:36 pm CDT

Why Bother?

I'm up at 4:42am. 1 hour drive to work and 1 hour drive home. I can't eat when I first get up, it makes me ill. I don't eat lunch...unless I spend the half an hour at the choke and puke...I hate fast food...actually hate most food because everything gives me heartburn...even water. Brown bag it? Booorrring! Maybe I'll eat dinner...if I feel like it. Usually I have something else going on away from home anyway, mtng., etc. I gain weight because I don't eat enough, so I'm told. So that gives me between 7 & 8 pm to exercise which causes me to lie awake at night. I usually don't get to bed until 12-1am because I just went through a divorce (but the Dr. Phil Show didn't want to hear that story) and have to do everything she used to do. Don't make enough money to buy good food which also means I don't get to enjoy any time out either. I'm not whining about it...it's just the way my f**ked-up life is.

If I drop dead tomorrow...so be it!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
September 27, 2008, 2:17 pm CDT

06/09 Devastating Divorce

Quote From: cndrlla

Ok, Jeff.....after reading your post, it's obvious why your wife wanted out!! Shifting blame is your way to deal with NOT dealing with the real issues! Jeez!
Where the HELL did you see that I shifted blame? I merely stated the facts. The only thing obvious here, is that you only read into it what you wanted to. Divorce was never an option for me but too many cold, heartless, controlling, selfish, coniving, unrealistic women of the Gloria Steinem cult, and you sound like one of them, don't want to work through the difficulties. They just want to run away like gutless cowards.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board