Message Boards

Messages By: dlynn_pa

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 29, 2005, 8:39 am CST

resentment

I just find it plain deplorable!  To think that it is such a burden for her!  He should leave her and she should seek some counseling!   

I wonder how that woman sleeps at night and looks herself in the mirror! 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 29, 2005, 8:54 am CST

I am scared!

My daughter and I have an open relationship.  She tells me so much sometimes I don't want to hear it but I am glad she can come to me with anything.  I am afraid that she doesn't tell me everything; I am so scared for her.  I don't want her to do anything she will regret when she gets older and I hope she will make the right decision if something should arise.  I tell her to ask herself that very question before she makes a decision, "Is this something I may regret?” 

She has gone through so many friendships over the past 2 years.  The kids she brings home seem so nice at first and then they are complete jerk offs in a week or two.  The things they do to one another are amazing.  My daughter has had her heart broken so many times that it took away that innocence she once possessed.  She no longer has trust in people and keeps them away at arms length. 

I am afraid to let her have sleepovers because of some of the things they have come to me wanting to do and things I have found out about.  My daughter is chastised because she doesn't want to smoke and drink, get in fights, and act like a moron.  Ironically enough, the girls that do this to her obviously need some kind of relationship with their parents because it is just not there.  I say this because I have seen it with my own eyes.  The parents are so quick to dump their children off on someone else so they can go drink and have a good time.  It's not right. 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 29, 2005, 11:13 am CST

12/22 Little Mean Girls

Quote From: mistyc

I know that I am going to get creamed for saying this but..............  Sometimes a spanking is necssary.  When I was a child, not so long ago, I got the occasional butt whipping and when I did I knew what I had did there wasn't any question about why I was getting a spanking.  When your child does something that they know, that they know, that know is wrong the need to be disciplined. 

I am expecting a little girl in Feb. and when the time comes if she needs her fanny popped I'm going to do it. 

When I am out in public I can ALWAYS spot the children who are disciplined at home and the ones's who are just let do as they please.   

I think it is so stupid when I hear adults saying "Bobby stop that" over and and over again, it obviously isn't working lady!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Everyone is s worried about damaging there child's self esteem that we are raising a generation of spoiled little monsters that are going to be ill prepared for the real world. 

I couldn't agree with you more... however, one needs to be careful.  If you have an ex spouse like my fiancé does, they can use that to take children away from you! 

He had custody of his children up until April of 2004.  He hasn't seen them since.  She manipulated the system to make him out to be some horrible monster when in fact; he is the most wonderful dad that I have ever seen. 

The courts agreed that spanking is child abuse and that it just should not be done.  Not only can you not spank your children, you cannot talk to them about the punishment.  They do say it is ok to mentally abuse your child and go out and get drunk and then pass out so they are running all over the street!  They do say it is ok to let them be out of school all the time because they are sick all the time (all of a sudden), they do say it is ok that mom abuses alcohol and drugs because she is entitled. 

I was spanked and thank god I was, I can't and don't want to imagine what his kids are going to be like in a couple of years.  They get no discipline.  They are only taught that music and friends are important, oh, and how to get away with murder by manipulating! 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 29, 2005, 12:31 pm CST

12/29 "Is This Normal?"

Quote From: wingtai

well, if the wife is worried that the name calling between her and her husband may have a negative effect on the kids, then what in the world is she doing going around saying it's ok for them to namecall each other with negative images?  it's "unbelievable" that they would call each other nasty names and think its just ok. what about this, if they went around calling each other "Beautiful Soul", "Manifestation of God's Love", or other lovely things, of course she wouldn't worry that her children were being influenced in a bad way....which just reveals why in fact, underneath all the bravado about "oh it's just teasing" and so on, lurks something nasty (like misanthropy, for instance, or like exceedingly low view of oneself), for there is meaning to language, it's not just something arbitrary without content. i just can't fathom folks who go around being proud of their backwardness.

I would love to see a follow up on their son in a couple of years that's for sure!

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 30, 2005, 6:18 am CST

12/21 Shocking Teen Trends

Quote From: rncpedrosa

Hello we are the parents of Erich Winters, a 15 year old boy who died on December 18th  by playing the "Choking Game" or "Space Monkey" by himself. He was found by his 13 year old brother who walked in only to see a belt around his neck that was tied to the top bunk bed. Erich's knees were on the ground still and he was leaning in to the bottom bunk. We would like to share our story with the entire nation and inform parents that this is not a game but a deadly trend that must be talked about. Please if anyone has questions or comments please email us at erichsstory@yahoo.com . Thank You for the show.          Sincerely, Robert and Christine Pedrosa  

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  My prayers are with you and your family. 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 30, 2005, 2:40 pm CST

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

After watching the show today, I saw alot of myself in Beth.  It is so sad when you look at it from a third person.  I have been dealing with something I could never put my finger on until I started counseling.  I just always thought that after I clean something up, there should be no reason to mess it up again.  There is no reason to leave your shoes where you just put them because there is a proper place and it would take just as much time to put them there!   

I am tired.  I am 6 months pregnant, mother of a 13 year old, and I am tired.  All I do all day is clean clean clean.  Then the man comes home and it's dinner, then dishes, then maybe I can sit down.  There is no real rest for me.  I hate it.  I wish I could let some things go.  I mentally feel that there is no excuse for me not to do it because I am home all day.  What if someone stops by?  Why do it at all if it isn't done right the first time.  When everything has to be done, then what?   

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
December 30, 2005, 5:07 pm CST

12/30 The Stepford Family

Quote From: rlv126baby

My instincts tell me that this woman is hiding something that she definitely was not 'ready' to discuss with Dr. Phil. I heard it said that perfectionism is the hallmark of shame. Perfectionists are never happy, because to be perfect and human at the same time is of course impossible. So this creates a constant source of shame, which is only a temporary diversion from the real underlying shame that never gets addressed, due to fear of exposure, rejection. 

If I were to guess I would say that there is most likely a 'lifestyle' secret that she desperately wants kept under raps.... 

Maybe her shame is that she can't do it all.  What you said offends me a bit.  I am a perfectionist and it isn't fun at all.  You constantly feel like you are being judged and your comment doesn't help one bit.   

Some people feel the pressure to be perfect, it is what is expected of them.  Maybe they have confidence issues.  Or maybe, they watch too much Martha!   

To make such a blanket statement is your right, that is true, but do you really think it is the right thing to do? 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
blank
January 2, 2006, 5:08 am CST

12/30 The Stepford Family

Quote From: rlv126baby

I never said for a minute that being a perfectionist would be fun. I just said that it is a constant source of shame because the perfectionist never feels that anything is good enough. They always feel inferior. Perfectionists are often 'amazed' at the incompetence of others, and feel as if they themselves, and others, could have done a 'better' job. I believe she is in much pain. 

Evidently you feel my post and opinion isn't good enough. Unfortunately, that is not my problem.  

Why then would you accuse someone of hiding something?  Your opinion is your opinion, I respect that.  I just don't appreciate the blanket statement you made.   

And yes, I too am amazed at the incompetence of others.  When mistakes are legitimate, that is one thing, but to blatantly not do the best you can, that is a sin.  Isn't that what life is about?  Doing your best and being the best you can be?  Why do something if you aren't going to give it your all? 

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
frustrated
January 9, 2006, 1:22 pm CST

Ticked off!

Today’s show was very touching to me.  I reltated to both parties stories. 

Angela's story sounds like pure BS to me.  Why is their daughter so afraid of her father?  Why would there be a reason for her to be afraid unless mom is telling her to be.  The daughter never witnessed any violence!  If what Angela is saying is true, then she has every right to be in fear, but that has nothing to do with the daughter.  The relationships are separate and should remain that way.  Why wouldn't Chris be angry?  He has every right to be upset.  The courts believe the mother most of the time and she could say anything and that makes it so!  I myself was told by court officials to be lets just say less than honest and I just couldn't do it.  My feelings for my daughter’s father are my own and have nothing to do with her.

I think the courts should call for an evaluation of all parties involved, the daughter should have a children’s advocate attorney, and all of the interviews should be recorded for accuracy and to make sure no coaxing is going on!  We all know that this happens.  Mom is upset or jealous because dad moved on with his life so she is going to make life miserable for him as much as possible.  Let us not forget, that she will take him for all he has financially!  Only 25% of abuse accusations are found to be true.  This statistic to me sends a blaring message.  You would think that the courts would be as diligent as the child support system when it comes to the children. 

I say, Chris, go ahead, spend more money, hire someone to attend supervised visitation, so you can prove once and for all that you will not nor have harmed your daughter.  Then at that point, I would sue her for sole custody based on the grounds of parental alienation syndrome. 

Scott and Tiffany, what a scene.  This mom needs to let go and support her children’s relationship with their father.  Just because she doesn't have on with him anymore does not give her the right to stop him from seeing his children!  Let's see, he sees them every other weekend, she sees them everyday!  Why is that (joint custody!! LOL)?  She obviously has serious issues that she needs to work out!  It is obvious that their stepmother loves them and for that she should support her husband in fighting for the kids! 

I am shocked that in this day and age this crap still goes on.  With all the info we know about what happens when children grow up without both parents, we still as a society, encourage lies and separation. 

I am not saying that all parents should have equal rights when it comes to children.  If they are a danger to the children then that is a different story all together.  I would hope and pray however, that both parents take into consideration how their behavior reflects on the children.  

User Mood
Stressed

Message Emote
confused
January 11, 2006, 4:19 am CST

01/09 Nasty Custody Battles

Quote From: aznmodel

Where did you read that??! Did you just make that up??! It sure sounds like you did!! First of all, if you really had looked at all the statistics on this you would realize that what you said is so completely untrue, especially in the US. Second of all, this is NOT about statistics! Children have ALWAYS needed both parents in their lives or atleast a good mother and father figure! Why dont you take some time to read (and I mean really read, not make something up again) about kids who grew up having no mother figure in their lives and see where that takes you! WOW....and I really thought I had heard all the dumbest things people had to say in the world!

Actually, fathers did get custody of the children at one time.  It was called "head of household".  It was who could financially support the children.  We all know how child support goes in this country, and this is why.  God forbid, that the woman actually helps support her children.  They now ask the father if he plans on getting a better job so he can give more money to the ex! 

http://nccanch.acf.hhs.gov/pubs/factsheets/fatality.cfm

Andrea Yates, Marilyn Lemak, ring any bells? 

The following women are currently on death row for killing their children:

Patricia Blackmon was 29 years old when she killed her two-year-old adopted daughter in Dothan, AL in May 1999.

Debra Jean Milke was 25 when she killer her four-year-old son in Arizona in 1989.

Dora Luz Durenrostro killed her two daughters, age four and nine, and her son, age 8, when she was 34 years old in San Jacinto, California in 1994.

Caro Socorro was 42 years old when she killer her three sons, age five, eight and 11, in Santa Rosa Valley, California in 1999.

Susan Eubanks murdered her four sons, ages four, six, seven, and 14, in San Marcos, California, in 1996 when she was 33.

Caroline Young was 49 in Haywood, California when she killed her four-year-old granddaughter and six-year-old grandson.

Robin Lee Row was 35 years old when she killed her husband, her 10-year-old son and her eight-year-old daughter in Boise, Idaho in 1992.

Michelle Sue Tharp was 29 years old in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania when she killed her seven-year-old daughter.

Franic Elaine Newton was 21 when she murdered her husband, seven-year-old son and two-year-old daughter in Houston, Texas.

Darlie Lynn Routier was 26 in Rowlett, Texas when she killed her five-year-old son.

Teresa Michelle Lewis killer her 51-year-old husband and 26-year-old step son in Keeling, Virgina when she was 33 years old.  

http://crime.about.com/od/female_offenders/a/mother_killers.htm

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board