Message Boards

Messages By: adrien

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
confused
January 24, 2006, 4:16 pm CST

Bad dreams~

For the past 5 or 6  years I have not had any bad nightmares. My little 14 year old brother however, has. Four years ago our mother was killed. My little brother started acting up. He got into drugs, smoking, drinking, violence, and gang related issues. He is still in the process of doing this thins to a certain extent. Sometimes at home he will have a nightmare and scream or yell at someone or get up and walk around in the hallway or even run and scream. Could the death of my mother be  a cause of this? And what should I do to get him help? 

Thanks, Adrien 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
February 14, 2006, 7:25 am CST

hold up!!!

Quote From: jansdragon

C'mon Dr Phil catering to the younger singles is not giving your viewers the best cross section of what it is like to date at various ages.  I am going to be 54 next b'day and I have had one date in the last 5 years.  The dating rules have changed considerably since you and I were in the "single" mode.  Why not profile single people who are single again after a lengthy relationship is no more either through death or divorce.  Watching "love triangles" though entertaining is not information that I need nor want. So how about stepping up to the plate and including us older ones in your "experiment of love"
 First of all, since you are in your 50's mam or sir. Maybe you should just watch the show and not worry about whats on the net if you are 50 something and you need advice on dating you obviously will never get one...and if you dont like what you are seeing on Dr.Phil then don't watch it...it's that simple!!!

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
sad
May 4, 2006, 7:12 am CDT

What exactly is an abusive relationship?

Hi my name is Adrien and I'm only 18.  My boyfriend is one year younger than I am.  We have been in many arguements but we are definately in love.  He has shoved me, choked me, and slapped me but only one time.  I have hit him before too though.  So it goes both ways.  I know our relationship is obviouysly not healthy but we are trying new things everyday to make us work. I think I might even be bringing a new life into the world so I dont want us to not be together but I need help or advice on what I should do about the situation.  And not only do we fight physically but he calls me names all the time abd tries to bring me down 24/7.  I say mean things sometimes too that I know I shouldnt say but I never call him names. So what do I do?
                 Thanks---adrien

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
frustrated
May 4, 2006, 7:19 am CDT

I disagree

Quote From: lh2000

This is not Love on either side.   

If someone is beating hurting you and you are afraid of the person what you feel for that person can't be love.   

If you have to control someone then you can't love them.   

Love and Fear do not live in the same house ever.   

If you don't understand that then you probably don't know what it is really liked to be loved or to love another. 

That might be one of your morals or how you were raised but  a relationship is different for everyone.  There have been times I have been scared at school by a teacher that I have always loved and I know cares about her students.  There can be fear and love in the same house but it should only go to a certain extent.  If the fear has to deal with death or being hurt then of course its not love but if the fear is in way that someone is trying to help you then it could still be love. So maybe we shouldn't speak for everybody, just what we feel or what our morals are.
                         Adrien

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
upset
May 11, 2006, 7:22 am CDT

What to do?!?!

Okay, I am going to make this as short as possible. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a year and a half.  We have been getting along a lot better lately. But in the past we have fought a lot. I have said things to him that I know I shouldn't say but I have never called him names.  He has said things to me and he has called me names.  He has hit me in the back of the head and he has slammed me into a wall and held me there.  He hasn't done any of that again. I don't think he would do that again.  We are both very jealous people.  He doesn't really like it when I hang out with my friends and I really don't like it when he hangs out with his friends, but mainly because over half of his friends do drugs. Yesterday he got in a fight at school and got suspended for ten days.  His mom told him that he had to go home after work.  So with us only being 18(me) and 17(him) of course he said he was going to come over first.  Well I waited for him to call and he didn't so I called him and he said he was running to walmart to look at speaker cords. Then ten minutes later he said Adam (a friend of his) was there and he was helping adam find some things. So I asked him if he was coming over and he said he didn't know so I kind of got upset and got kind of mad. Well I figured he would go home since he said he had to. Well he ended up turning off his phone and so I called his friend that he was with and I talk to him on that phone.  And he was over at one of his friends house hanging out with all of them. He lied to me which is a feeling that I have he does all the time and I felt like he didn't even care anythign about me, so over this situation and the previous events in our relationship I just told him it was over.  However, I do know that he loves me very much and I love him with all my heart. We are very much in love, but I don't know if it is just getting old or we jsut have problems we need to work out or what? Am I being a nagging girlfriend? Am I doing the right thing? Should we remain not together or should we try one more time to work it out..I'm out of ideas...I've looked on Dr.Phil's advice and Oprah's and I've been trying to improve my attitude and the way I go about things and it has helped a little bit but I am out of things to do and need to know what I should do....Hope someone replies to this very soon.....thank you so much---Adrien

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
angry
May 11, 2006, 7:28 am CDT

I understand...

Quote From: sunibuni

I have been dating this guy for the past 8 months, we were about to move in together, but I just broke up with him. He told me that he will never be able to tell me that he loves me more than his sister, because she is the most important person in his life. They sleep in the same bed together...he's 30, and she's 24...when they have separate beds to sleep in.   At first I thought this was just due to a cultural difference, and I didn't really think much of it. He's Chinese, and says that family will always come first, which I partically understand. But my belief is that your wife, or soon to be wife, should be right up there with them. I broke it off with him because I refuse to be second to his sister for the rest of my life. He thinks I am just overreacting, and I am jealous of his sister.  That I am trying to break up his family.  I don't want to break anyone up, or come inbetween them.  I just don't think that I should be pushed to the side, and disreguarded when she is around.  He really thinks the world of her, and if you ask him, she is the greatest person alive. I am able to get along with her when we see each other, but she pouts if she thinks that he is spending too much time with me, instead of her.  Most of the time she acts like I am not even there. I truely dislike her, but I am able to at least try to get along with her because I respect my boyfriend, but she makes it very difficult. She is rude, and discusting. She blows her nose in resturants..which my boyfriend thinks is cute...and tells everyone when she has to "use" the bathroom.  The last time we were all three together, she ignored both of us, and later said that it was because we were making "googly eyes" at each other. I think that there is something wrong with the relationship that they share, and that he will have problems getting married. I don't know of any woman who wants to be told that they will never be more important than their husbands sister. Maybe it's just me, but I think that I have a good reason for breaking up with him.  I just wanted to see if I really am overreacting...or if everyone else thought that there was a problem. I have always thought that when a man gets to a certain age, that they leave their mother, father, sisters and brothers, and get married...to create their own family. I don't think I can create a family with someone, who will always place his sisters needs above mine...
 That would just really make me mad. If he wants to put his family first when he is that old instead of a soon to be wife, then that just shows that he is obviously dependent on them and can  not fend for himself.  You need to try and get over him as soon as possible before you get more involved. If he pushes you to the side then tell him to go marry his sister. That is just ridiculous. What would he think if you slept with your brother or your father. That is just disgusting and I don't think they share a healthy relationship (him and his sister).  Maybe they need a little information on what incest means.  I don't know you but it sounds like you met the wrong kind of person. I think you are totally accuarte on what you did. Get away from that and stay as far away as possible.--Adrien

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board