Message Boards

Messages By:

March 29, 2007, 10:11 pm CDT

30 years and still in love

Dr. Phil, my husband is 62 this year and I will be 79 this April.  We married in 1979 after living together for three years.  What I wish you would stress to these couples is; it takes committment, maturity, character and a desire to work together to reach a common goal.  This to us is our formula for successful relationships.

September 15, 2007, 8:54 am CDT

28 years and going strong with 17 yrs difference

My wife, who is 17 years old than I am, have been married 28 years (been together 30) and our marriage is a strong partnership that grows stronger every day.  Just 3 years ago on our 25th anniversary we renewed our vows and had the same wedding party - it was great.  My wife retired 19 years ago, however she has continued to work until the last 3 years.  If she had her way she would keep working.  I have 4 years to go to retirement.  We both look forward to the time we can spent together.  The point is:  We enjoy each other, have fun, do things together ... it is all about caring, trusting, sharing and having fun.  Dr. Phil, neither of us would trade this for anything.  We have 7 kids between us, 14 grandkids, 15 great-grandkids and the family grows each year (well almost).  People commented that the marriage wouldn't last 6 months, but we are still happily married after 28 years.  It really doesn't matter what other people think.  what does matter is what is in your heart and your relationship with your love one.  No one that I know of says anything about our age.  We still get invited to functions.  We are treated as a couple - happily married couple that is.  It just does not matter.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board