Messages By: jonella

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
May 10, 2006, 8:05 am CDT

I agree

Quote From: truffles30

I just read your comments and I couldn't agree more. 

The world is totally out of control. The young ones don't know what it is like to truly be YOUNG> 

The innocence of children have been taken away because of the media and the so called Heros!! 

My child is only 8years old and the clothes she wants me to buy her ( i wouln't dare ) look like sluty stuff only a hocker who's 19 years old would wear. 

I am only 30 years old myslef and I know I wasn't like this at her age. 

I was wearing overalls with turtle neck sweaters.  It is so sad!! 

As you said as well the junk food out there, the enternet, the association ..... 

I totally understand why the father took these girls. It is just said the two parents didn't share the same faith so they could raise the girls together.  

The father is just listening to his heart and the religion and what HE TRULY THINKS IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO IN THE EYES OF HIS GOD.  

I as well have a daughter who will be 11 soon. We are also religious and are church going people. I do believe that children need to be able to express them selves and that it is risky to always make decisions for them or to not let them have some control over their own lives. But it scares me what all is out there and with what all the media is trying to make look like it is o.k. to do this and that. I constantly fear what choices my children are going to make yet I want to give them some room to grow and make their own mistakes and learn from them too. Where do you draw the line. I can look at both the mother and father in this story and can relate to them both a little. The sad part is that because of the parents lack of communication towards each other things had gotten way out of control and the girls got caught up in the middle of it. It is so sad when children almost alwys have to be the recipitants of our conflicts as parents.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
surprised
May 10, 2006, 8:31 am CDT

Are you Seriuos

Quote From: carboss160

It's allways about what the wife or women think is in the best intrest of the children. Give me a break, I dont blame Michael, for taking his girls and leaving the United States. Its all about women the courts dictating to the father when and how much time he can spend with his kids plus the bonus of having to support the ex-wife with child support. Its never about what is right for the family. Just once Dr, Phil I wish you could be honest with your veiwers. Most of the people watching your show are women so you have to protect their intrest, And satisfy your advertizers...This is so sad but it is the real world, with women claiming the children as their's, and the father getting screwed of his legal rights. Iwish Dr Phil would get ral and address the fact that all a women has to do is file for divorce or a restraining order, they even make things up with no recourse for their lies and the man is left with no choice, but to do what Michael did take the girls and leave the United States. Dr. Phil this is the real world wake up and figure it out!!!
I don't know what life has dealt you but you have a very slim view of the real issue here. I agree that the girls should be taken away from the mom, By the way I am a mother as well, But I don't agree that he should take them out of the country and go to such extremes. Hello!!! Do you not see the majority of this? I also agree with you that it seems that many times women do get sided with when it comes to custody battles. But again, does that mean that you should kidnap your children out of the country? These parents are both at fault. I don't think that one is really a whole lot better than the other. What I do think is that they need help. I alsothink that this has gotten way out of control. Did they not ever talk before they got married or had children what they wanted to bring religion into the family? How can their beliefs be so diferent? If their beliefs were this different before they got married then they should have never had children. But who cares who is right or wrong now. It's done. Don't dwell on what has happened, dwell on how to fix it and what is best for the girls. Please do not feel like I am degrading your say in this, I'm not. I just wonder how they got where they are and I think that they are both at fault. I'm not siding with him or her, I'm siding with the girls.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
frustrated
May 12, 2006, 2:25 pm CDT

Summer Grow Up

Unreal. I was shocked watching the show today. Summer needs a real reality check. She is how old and is acting like a 5 year old. You don't just get up and stomp out of a room when you can't handle the truth. I have to give her parents a lot of credit, but I wonder what their parenting skills were when Summer was growing up. She is very much a Drama Queen and if things don't go her way then she throws a fit. Good job Dr. Phil for not playing her game and running after her.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
May 13, 2006, 10:21 am CDT

05/15 Son-in-Law vs. Mother-in-Law

Well I can't wait to see the show and see what Dr. Phil is going to say. It's hard when it is family. When we got married my mom refussed to except my husband as family. It was very hard on me. She would always be degrading him and saying awful things about him and it was very hard to listen to. The only way that I got her to stop was that I told her that he was an important part of my life now and either she would learn to accaept him and atleast not bad mouth him to me all the time or she would loose me as well. As simple as that. I know that to some people that may seem harsh but there was no other way and it worked. It has been 8 years agao that mom and I had that discusion and I'm not saying that mom instantly accepted my husband but she stopped bad mouthing him and with time got to know him and now we all have a very good relationship. Mom only lives an hour away from us but once a month she will come and spend the weekend with us and we all enjoy it. Tomorrow is mother's day and my husband phoned me up today, he's a trucker, and asked if we should surprise mom tomorrow by going to her place and having lunch with her. I am very glad that we could wok things out and I hope the same for this family. Life is to short to fill it with so much hatred and ignoring family.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
sad
May 13, 2006, 10:26 am CDT

Just Remember

Quote From: bcrusher

The show hasn't been on yet, but I've read a million stories like theirs on the Mother In Law Stories message board. They should just cut off the mother in law and just forget about her forever. Moving away would be nice too. So what if she's related. They don't owe her anything. They have nothing to gain from a relationship with her. The problem people have is they put up with way too much crap from their parents. You should just think of your parents as just people and discard them as easily as anyone else who treats you badly. Bad parents take advantage of your kindness and your guilt to hurt you more. Also the idea that parents are sacred is a lot of self-serving bullshit that parents created for their own benefit.  

Just remember this the day you become a parent. Print out your message and frame it and then when your day comes go and read it and see how you feel then. It is eay to say a whole bunch of stuff when you have no idea what they are talking about. Obviously you don't have children and I am guessing from your attitude that you are probably alone.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
frustrated
September 20, 2006, 1:09 pm CDT

Unbelieveble

I Just watched the show and I think that Tasha needs a reality check. She needs some one to dig up a lot of dirt on her and then post it on the web. Tod has every right to be upset and I hope that he wins when it goes to court. I also agree with Dr. Phil in saying that when you have just broken up with some one then maybe that just isn't the right time to go and post some thing on the net about that person. No matter what the case may be, you will feel hurt and feel like you have been done wrong. I am a women who has been married for 12 years, but I have had to deal with break ups before too. Best revenge is not to let the other person think that you are down and hurt by the break up. But rather that you are movoing on with out a second thought. Posting some thing on the net is immature and childish and that alone tells me that maybe you have some faults too or you wouldn't us a childish method like that to get even. Todd, I hope that things go well for you. Tasha, remember this, what goes around comes around.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 16, 2007, 5:16 am CDT

unreal!!

I don't agree with this women at all. I think for her to date one of her son's friends is very selfish of her!  I mean seriously, how do you think that her son must feel about it. And she is putting her own insecurities infront of her sons feelings about this. I think that it is just wrong. But here's what I think is even more wrong. It amazes me that when I women dates some one much younger than her, we all raise our eyebrows at her and think that she must have some serious problem or some thing, yet when men do it, we consider it ok or other men will even consider him lucky to be able to get some one younger! Why is it so different? How many men do you know of that are married or not but that are having an affair or dating some one almost half there age or much younger any ways?

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 16, 2007, 5:19 am CDT

exactly

Quote From: caroljforbes

Oh, for Heaven's sake, Woman, grow up!  What could you possible have in common with your baby's friend?  And what makes you think it will not matter to your kids?  Good grief, you are the reason we women get a bad rap!  Go find someone your own age!   CJF
I couldn't have said it better!!! To think that it won't matter to her children is pathetic! Maybe her children act like it doesn't matter to them cause they don't want to hurt hr feelings, but I just can't see how a women can be so self absorbed in herself!!! 

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 16, 2007, 3:44 pm CDT

sick sick sick

All of you people saying that it is all about love and the 2 people,and all of that are just as blind as this lady is that is dating her son's friend!!! How can that be ok?? Does she not feel almost motherly to this boy instead of like a girl friend. And does she seriously think that this boy is going to stay with her! Some one should really try to set this boy up with some one his own age.  I think that she must feel very insecure about her age and thinks that by having a relationship with a child will make her feel younger. Would she want her son to date a granny???

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board