Message Boards

Messages By: myvirtue

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 15, 2007, 3:35 pm CDT

05/15 The Dr. Phil House: "Make My Kid a Star," Part 2

Dr. Phil is one of the most talented, influential persons in our lifetime.  Thankfully, a public forum was provided to Dr. Phil that allows his insight, knowledge, and caring to aid those especially in need.  There have been many shows and guests on those shows unworthy of Dr. Phil's time and efforts due to the relative insignificance of their troubles.  Families in disarray and children in peril are those who could benefit most from the advice and direction provided by Dr. Phil. 

The shows on yesterday and today about parents and their children vying for an elusive, indeed imaginary spotlight are by far the biggest waste of Dr. Phil as well as Dr. Phil's audiences' time to date. 

Dr. Phil, please use your gift to benefit those who really need your help.  It makes for better viewing as well.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 27, 2007, 4:28 pm CDT

10/30 Body Dysmorphia

Great topic.  I've dealt with an often crippling form of this since I was 14, never wearing my hair up, not looking at people while I'm speaking so I can't see what I will interpret as their negative reaction to my physical appearance, dropping out of college classes so people can't see me, and once not leaving my house for 6 months because I 'couldn't get my eyebrows to fix'.  The inability to verbally communicate with people for fear they're harshly judging my face has been the toughest aspect of this affliction.  I'm coping better these days, though I've been a model in the past and I'm complimented almost daily (without prompting),  I still don't feel pretty.  I hope to hear some great advice in dealing and strategies to overcome this pschological straight-jacket from Dr. Phil! 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board