Message Boards

Messages By: macs997

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2006, 7:30 am CDT

09/20 Revenge of the Exes

I don't think the website dontdatehimgirl.com is responsible - I think the person who posted it is responsible. But, too bad.  This is a country of free speech.

The man suing dontdatehimgirl.com used poor judgement in his actions but he did do it - where is his ownership in it? Too bad someone wrote something negative about him. He should have never put himself in a position where that could have a chance of happening.

When are we going to take responsibility for ourselves? We need to take responsiblity for our own actions.

We may not agree with what a person says but that is just too bad. Move on.

Back to the topic of revenge -  I don't believe revenge is the best solution...the person seeking the revenge usually ends up being hurt even more. It's much better to get happy then to get even.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 13, 2008, 7:21 pm CDT

looking forward

Quote From: queenb2004

My heart shattered the day they told me during a biopsy that my husband harold  had pancreatic cancer I am trying to be strong as I care for him BUt I am so hurt and angry and life seems so unfair I had every intention of spending the rest of my life with this man we fought we loved and now I am losing him and I am feeling so helpless because there is nothing I can do but love him and watch him waste away knowing that once he is gone my life is over I  have always been his wife so what happens to me now no one to argue with no one to make up with no one to pick up after O Lord I cry why take my heart my love away from me I waited so long to find him and now he is leaving how do I go on
I can relate to this... although I didn't loose my husband to cancer. He battled against an addition to cocaine. I never gave up hope that he would overcome it.  He gave up though, he took his own life. He left for work one Saturday morning and never came back. That Sunday morning the deputies found him. I  was numb for weeks and told my children that he had died in an accident, I didn't want them to think that their father didn't want to come home to them and I could believe that he took his own life, I thought it had to of been an accident. A year and half later I still cannot believe he is gone. I had planned to spend my life with him, he was my best friend. Sometimes I am so angry with him, sometimes I just miss him, sometimes sad for him, because he felt no alternative and he's not able to be here to see his children grow up. Sometimes though, I am so thankful that I was given the time I had with him and that we did have two beautiful children. I try to focus on the postive only. I know the Lord only gives us what we can handle. I know life can seem so unfair, hard and frustrating but never give up hope. I know one day I'll understand why this has happened. I have learned to become very thankful for what I do have.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
October 14, 2008, 6:43 am CDT

what??

Quote From: danielamado

I'm a guy and I'm not backing up the guys, especially the ones who can't control their minds and hormones, but women also dress in lustful ways and flirt with guys too much that it leads some men to do what they do and they end up raping women. I see women who like to tease guys and lead them on, and when they get the guys all fired up about the women they blow the men off. You don't mess with people's sexual feelings like that, especially when you know that guys will screw anything that walks and has boobs. The fact that you know that, if you decide to play the tease game then don't complain if you get raped. You get back what you put out there. If you don't like being raped or sexually molested, then stop flirting or teasing.

As for the inoccent women who get caught in this situation. First I would recommend every teenage girl by their freshman year in High School to take a self-defense class. Also I would say never go anywhere by yourself. bring at least 2 more girl friends with you. Don't go anywhere with a guy alone if you don't plan to have sex with him because most likely guys will have sex on their mind. Don't put yourself in that situation. If you ever do then at least you'll be able to defend yourself and may get a chance to run away and ask for help. Do all that you can to stay out of that situation. Double-Date, Triple-Date........BE SAFE!!!

This is such a load of you know what! Are you serious? Women don't ask to be sexually assaulted and are not reaping what they sow, by dressing in a 'lustful' way. A woman can dress however she desires - and a man too for that matter - People can flirt and tease and have fun, and then move on - that is not 'messing with someone's sexual feeling' - it's life. Most men - any decent man - will not 'screw anything that walks and has boobs. Most men know that when their date says no, it is no and that's that. You did mention a self-defense class, yes that is a good idea, but for boys and girls alike. We should be aware of our surroundings, but also be able to go on a date with the opposite sex without fear of having sex forced upon us, just because we are alone with the other person. I can't believe you have written such junk. If you truely feel this way, I suggest you get some counseling.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
October 15, 2008, 12:34 pm CDT

a tragic choice

I wish this show had been on sooner. I am hopeful it will raise quite a bit awareness regarding sucide. We need to know the warning signs of someone thinking about ending their life. A year and half ago my husband ended his life. I will never stop wondering - what if I had know the warning signs -? He had gotten depressed, deeply depressed and closed off. His behavior changed, he would get angry easily and do crazy things, not caring about his own safety. He didn't care about what would happen in the future. I didn't see these as warning signs. He also began to use cocaine heavily. One Sat morning he got up, in a good mood and left for work. I tried to call him about 3 hours later and couldn't reach him. I never did. Later I found out, he had gone to work, the job had been cancelled, so he deceided to get drunk and high, all Sat, day and night. That following morning, before getting to our home, he pulled over on the side of the road and ended his life. I know he is now out of pain, but I wonder if he can see what he has done to me and our children. Those who committ suicide don't realize the damage they cause. As mentioned here on the message board, the pain has only been passed down. I'm angry at him for hurting us like this, yet so sad for him, because he thought that was his only option. I wish he had just come on home, we would have dealt with it. Our children are young and it is hard for them to understand. I still haven't been able to tell them the whole truth about their father's death (I've told them it was an accident), another good reason for this show - to take away some of the shame assocciated with suicide.

Anyone thinking of suicide, please don't. Whether you believe it or not - someone will be deeply saddened and will miss you very much. Go talk to someone.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
October 15, 2008, 12:46 pm CDT

10/14 Campus Crisis

Quote From: gatera99

So I guess you would walk around in  a cage full of hungry lions  wearing clothes made of raw meat and that wouldn't make you an idiot for being killed and eaten?  Because honey, wearing provocating clothes at a  a frat house party  filled with drunk male teens is exactly that. 

You keep talking about MEN and WOMEN... and in that regard you would be right... BUT these kids aren't even dry behing the ear.  These are children.

Think about that.

We all need to make common sense choices and not be fools - of course!

Parents need to raise their childern correctly. To be respectful of one another. Parents also need to stop putting the blame on everyone else but themselves when something goes wrong with their child.

Lately people want to blame someone else for any inapproriate behavior. I don't care if a young girl is wearing a playboy bunny suit - if she dosen't want sex - that's it. If the young man is raised correctly he will not force himself on her. We can't abuse someone then say well she was dressed sexy, it's not my fault.

I'm so sick of people not be responsible for their own actions.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board