Message Boards

Messages By: joycediehl

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
frustrated
September 22, 2007, 12:06 pm CDT

Kids like that....

Children who act out, act bad, are just wild or whatever make me frustrated beyond belief! Not at them, but rather at their parents!! Children react - to their surroundings, their nutrition, their treatment, etc. My daughter is a military wife at Ft. Lewis, WA and babysits for her neighbor who just got a job. She doesn't do it for the money, she does it for the children (ages 10 months and 2 years), because she sees that the way they are going, they are going to have severe problems as they get older. The children refuse to eat - - ANYTHING. The mother says she give them bread and applesauce and the younger one gets breast milk. She doesn't leave any milk of any kind with the sitter and the child wouldn't take a bottle if it's life depends on it.  The mom says "It's ok, I'll feed him later (6-8 hours after dropoff with the sitter)." Did I mention that the mom holds the 10 month old ALWAYS - even to the point of having the BEDSIDE crib side down so she can cuddle the baby all night, while Dad sleeps on the other side of the bed and might as well be in another country. Therefore when Mom is gone,baby cries - - and has amazing stamina for it. No food, no drink, no playing, no interaction, nothing can stop him except Mom's hip. The dad even asks for my daughter's help because the mom has cut everyone out of raising these children except her and she needs HELP!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board