Message Boards

Messages By: joanne214

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
February 25, 2007, 9:51 am CST

I'd be worried about this new man.

Unless he is an angel, why would a man want to get involved with a woman who has young "daughters" that cannot communicate. I'd be very weary about this man, Sorry I have to feel like this. My prayers are with this mother and her children

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 15, 2007, 5:14 am CDT

kids didnt have any talent

Cant these mothers see that their children dont have talent. I dont think that they even have the "look".They are pushing these poor kids to get into something that obviously isnt for them. I feel sorry for the kids, and feel embarrassed for the parents, which is probably what they feel after seeing the show.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 28, 2007, 2:25 pm CDT

10/30 Body Dysmorphia

Quote From: traumaqueen45

I know just how these ladies feel.  I have not spoken about this outside of my immediate family until now.    When I was younger, I was teased about being ugly, even by my own siblings.  When I reached my twenties and men found me attractive, I began to think I was and my confidence rose.  One of the men I dated was very attractive and my sister wondered why he was dating me and not her because 'she was better looking.'  I soon moved away from the negative forces in my life and I went back to college in my 30's and became an LPN.  That also helped my confidence.    Now I am 53 and disabled due to toxic chemicals that I was exposed to at work. I rarely go out in public.  Not only because of my fear of exposure to products that make me sick, but also because I no longer resemble the woman I once was.  I have gained 50 pounds since I became ill.  I think I am a fat ugly pig.  I initially gained weight when I was put on several courses of steroids due to health problems and have been unable to get the weight off, even though I walked all summer long with little success.  Exercise for me in the wintertime is hard because I also have CFIDS and fibromyalgia which seem to worsen in the cold winter months.   I was recently diagnosed with heart and lung problems and even walking leaves me short of breath, so I now wear oxygen. I do have a treadmill, but rarely use it, because trying to avoid the oxygen tubing is also a pain.   I have thought of plastic surgery, but after a woman I used to work with mentioned she was trying to find help to remove excess skin from her abdomen after gastric bypass, I gave up my dream of having plastic surgery to help her.   I am alone all day long and have minimal conversation with my husband at night because he comes home long enough to eat, watch an hour or two of TV and then he's off to bed.  My 'friends' are limited to my internet.  I have other family members that live nearby, but they are busy with their lives, so I do not see them either unless we run into each other accidentally.   That's my life and I am so tired of it.  I want to feel good about myself again, but whenever I look in the mirror or step on the scales, I hate myself all over again.
So much of you letter right down to your  husband describes my life. I also suffer from Fibro. I have also your dream of plastic surgery. Feeling the way I do about myself has ruined my whole life.I am also 53, unlike you, I never finished high school, I have no job, unless I go shopping for food...in the next town, i do not go out. I have no friends, I know people because of having a 16 year old son. But no one ...besides my mother calls me or knows how I feel.  I am 70 lbs overweight, I feel I am ugly, I call myself a fat slob, I started feeling this way when I entered high school,I right away had many guys asking me out, many telling me how pretty and  I was. There was a that dident like me much I remember her  saying to me that I llooked  like something out of a comic book,I remember that night my boyfriend wanted to get to the movies early to watch the cartoons before the movie, I did everything to make us late, I felt that if he watched the cartoons, he would realize that I resembled  them. I remember my Dad telling me at 15 ,that guys will tell you anything to get you to go to bed with them, he said "they will tell you how pretty you are". I have NEVER believed ANYONE when told that I was pretty. I feel ugly. I would like to change, my fantasy is to feel confedent. have a job, and not care what the mirror says. When I look in the mirror I see a deformed person, I dont want to be beautiful, I just want to fit in, I have two beautiful sisters, they both have careers and social lifes that I wish I had, but dont.  If you would like to  be friends  &talk...Joanne63314@yahoo

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board