Message Boards

Messages By: content22

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
May 14, 2007, 9:32 pm CDT

Let my kid know he/she is a star in my life

I am a parent and grand-parent and was deeply saddened by what I saw on Dr.Phil's show today. I saw children stressed  and pressured beyond believe.As adults we should understand the long term affects of this type of "abuse" on our minds and bodies. The growing years should be the best time of our childrens lifes. Years where they shouldn't  have to worry about anything but learning and developing their "true"skills.Laughing,playing and capturing moments to look back on that filled their little hearts with joy. Finding out who they are and what "they" want. If all these moms instead of thinking about the fame and money would reflect upon the lifes of  so many of our celebrities I would then ask, "Is this truly what you want for your child? The fast life that destroys so many . Look how many people have achieved the fame and money and have lost themselves on the way.The world measures us by how much money we have and who you are. I don't like the worlds measurement of  me. I like Gods measurement  of me. He loves me for me, and there is no money or fame that can buy me. Mothers,just love your children and make every moment with them special. Just let them be children.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 15, 2007, 8:02 pm CDT

Does Age Matter

I believe that a relationship with a large age difference could be very difficult to maintain. Life is a growing experience. Some people mature faster than others and some never seem to get there. When we are young we feel invincible and rebel against those whose wisdom we feel limits our freedom. We do not give ourselves time to think.We just do what we feel we want and the more others tell us to wait the faster we run towards that which we should not do.

It is true that many of these relationships last but how many ? To the older woman taking on a relationship with a young man in his teens I recommend therapy first. You have to explore why you have chosen this path. Not to belittle the male (for I am married to one and gave birth to one) but in their teens boys are discovering their manhood. Especially in this world where they are sexually active so young the attentions of an older woman is exciting to them. If you feel that this is what you want then give the young man time to grow and reflect. The age difference will still be there in 5 or 10yrs.This will give him time to finish school and pursue a career. If you truly love someone you want the best for them. 

To both the men or women who decide to choose a younger mate be sure that the "jealousy demon" is not in you. If you are showing signs of mistrust break it up NOW.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 17, 2007, 7:18 am CDT

foreverblue

Quote From: foreverblue

Why did you let this man in your life a second time. I'm going through a divorce of a marriage that lasted 2 years and 8 months. I'm retired from the Air Force and get a VA Pension and Social Security.My soon to be EX is dragging our divorce out also.I filed for Bankruptcy on the 9th of Aug 07 and have a court date of 16 Oct 07 and the Judge when I appeared before her the first time strongly advised me to get a Lawyer.I have.The ends verses the means is the code of a con man or woman. Be carefull who you let your utmost secrects and pre-nups from what I've heard about are a set up for Divorce.You did the Correct thing by putting it in Gods Hands.God Bless you and know this do not let this man have any power over you.Once you place it in Gods Hands be patient and watch what God will do.
 I read your story and felt compelled to give you words of encouragement. I myself was deceived in life at the early age of 16. It lasted for 3 yrs but it is in my past. We can spend all our energy and life looking for all the reasons but it just comes down to the choices we make in life. Yes, the people who hurt us have a blame but we must take ours. We were not forced into these relationships we chose them and we chose badly. I had my first child at age 18, with no money, or family support, but I had God on my side even though I didn't realize it then. Read your Bible, pray with an open heart to God and you will find that peace that you need. Many of us claim we found God but our actions don't confirm that. When we truly find God He will give us rest and peace. It does not mean we will cease to suffer trials and tribulations but He will be with us every step of the way. My second child(who is now 28)is a Juvenile Diabetic with a seizure disorder. If it were not for Gods love and the peace he  gives me I would be a mess today. If only we would truly trust Him there would be a lot less need for mental institutions.God bless you and I will be praying for you. Give  Read 2Corinthians 8:9

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
sad
March 31, 2008, 12:39 pm CDT

Love doesn't come in black and blue

My heart goes out to the children in this home first and then to Keri. Children don't have a say in choosing their parents.These children have been scarred for life.Why don't we use the wisdom that God gives us?

Even animals know enough to run when they are being mistreated. From what I read it seems Keri knew after a couple of months of marriage that her husband had a problem. I believe that if you see a problem early into your marriage DON"T HAVE CHILDREN. I know the reason why many  women have children earlier in their marriages today is because of their age, but it is not fair to bring children into a world of abuse. When my husband and I were getting ready to be married I made certain things very clear to him. One was that I would not be any mans punching bag and that if he ever touched me it would be over. All discussions would end that day.Many women stay in abusive relationships because they are afraid of making it on their own with their children.This is more the reason why you should not bring children into the picture until you are sure this marriage will work. Keri you can't undo what you did in the past but you can change your future. Do whatever you can to start a new life somewhere else with your children. My prayers will be with you.You are welcome to e-mail me if you need someone to talk to.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board