Messages By: mariapm

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
July 7, 2007, 6:05 pm CDT

What is up doc

Quote From: umiami50

I'm 79, a former athlete, and have many health problems. The worst right now is osteoarthritis that settled in my shoulders, hip, and knee. MRI and X-rays showed cartelege is gone in those joints. I am in excruciating pain all the time. 2 doctors said they can't do anything for me, to go home and take Tylenol which I was warned, after the mastectomy, never to take, or Aleve, which is dangerous. No OTC pain relievers work and they won't give me a prescription. I can't walk for exercise, or ride my bike. Running is out and has been for 2 years. I have gained a lot of weight from lack of exercise which doesn't help. I went from 160 to 250. I can't find any way to reduce weight. I know if I could lose, I'd feel better. But doctors have been no help at all. I have multiple health problems: prolapsed mitral valve, arrythmia, advanced macular degeneration, gerd, sleep apnea, osteoporosis, implants in both eyes, mastectomy, and 2 melanoma surgeries. Doctors either refuse to discuss my health problems and some don't seem to know what to do. I think all they want is my insurance money and when they get that from tests they repeat, then the hell with us. I'm not alone in these feelings. We seniors are being scammed by the medical profession. Incidentally, I'm a Ph.D. and retired teacher, and not totally stupid. I resent being treated as such by the medical profession.

I am sorry to hear that you are having so much problems.  I am not sure what sport you played, as some of your symptoms would come about through playing sport.  I would find my own solution, go the natural way.  The body will be able to reverse some of the problems.  My suggestion is drinking Apple Cider Vinegar in water and lots of water, that will make your body alkaline, and also help you to reduce your weight.  If I was in your position I would take glyconutrients, that would give your body the ability to restore itself and cartilege has been know to come back.  The body is a miracle.  Then I would weightlift and swim.  I would start slow and slowly make it harder.  That is what I would do.

Maria

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 15, 2007, 10:23 pm CDT

Yes it does

I have been married for nearly 46 years to a man 12 and a half years older than me.  When I married my husband the age was no problem. When I look back I see it different, as when I was younger I mixed with a lot more older people and so did not do the things that I would have done if I had married a man with a smaller age difference.  Now when I am 64 and he is nearly 77 the difference is really noticeble.  My husband looks still to this day more than 10 years younger, (he was the same when we met so I did not know his age) and sometimes they think he is younger than me. However he is now acting his age and is not interested in a lot of things that I am still interested in. Also he retired when he was 62, yet I am still working to make sure we have a decent life. 

Now when I mix with people his age I am confronted with people who are really old and want to take life easier.  I am not ready for that.  I do not know what I will be like at 77, I might be the same, however I do not want to live like that now, so we do a lot of things seperate. He does his thing and I do mine.

When my son's were in their twenties I would have done something if a mother of a friend of theirs had gone after my sons.  When I see a young man, I could not dream of going to bed with them, it is like going to bed with your sons.  Sickening.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board