Messages By: irish16

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 22, 2007, 3:37 pm CDT

Cranky or Something More?

Dr. Phil, 

How do you know if your child is "cranky" or if there is a real underlying problem?  At what point do you seek professional help, and beyond that, at what point do you receive psychiatric help (i.e. drugs)? Funny, if a child has a health issue you take them to a physician and medicate them as prescribed.  When your child may have a mental health issue,  we struggle with taking them to a Psychologist of Child Psychiatrist who may prescribe a drug  and then again struggle with the concept of giving the drug.  How do you know what to do in the best interest of your child?  Is there any other reference material you can recommend? Thank you!

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 22, 2007, 5:58 pm CDT

Autism

Quote From: jreiley

I am looking forward to Dr. Phil's next parenting show.  I have watched many of them before, and believe that children do need to be able to predict the consequences of their behavior - something he has stressed in the past.  My situation is difficult, because my son has language problems due to his having Asperger's Syndrome, a mild form of Autism Spectrum Disorder.  If Dr. Phil or any parents have tips on disciplining - behavior modification for kids Aspergers, I would be interested in reading them.   Thanks. 

Hi,

I was watching 20/20 the other night, Jenny McCarthy was a guest.  Her son has Autism, although not Aspergers.  She helped her child achieve many goals by controlling his diet. You'll have to check out 20/20's website for more info.  It was a very interesting!!  Good luck!  Hang in there!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board