Messages By: thedesertdawg

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
March 30, 2008, 8:47 am CDT

wrong quote

Quote From: gingers4u

In today's world we are all getting hit some way or another.    This world is revolving around the "Almighty Dollar"!.     But we all have to remember that money is the root of all evil.

The thing is with money people are getting to greedy.   "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven."      

I have yet to see a U-haul on the back of a herse!

I am also at rock bottom but with the power of prayer I am getting by.  For the last 6 months I have been getting my mortgage paid by the grace of God.   So if you pray it will work.  

"Ask and you shall receive."   "The Lord will provide."

I am single and I am epileptic and having a terrible problem with my memory therefore trying to get a job is very difficult because this so called "Equal opportunity employers" is a bunch of bull!!

I have not had a stable job (that lasted a year) since June of 2006.   I have just been rejected by 3 temporary to hire positions because they are not willing to give me that little bit more time to learn it. 

The only thing I fear is losing my home that I was able to buy when I had my job with AT&T from 1995 to 2003 at which time they relocated from our state to another, which they always do. 

Everybody always misquotes The Bible on this one, it actually says, "The love of money is the root of all evil."  the way things are set up in this world we need money to live.  Why do you think all preachers include offerings in their services?  And about ,"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter the kingdom of Heaven."  Here is the entire passage of scripture                                 Mark 10:25-27
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

26 The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?"

27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."
NIV
Money in the hands of the right poeple can do alot of good and if more Christians would pray for more money and the wisdom to use it right it could be good.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
April 6, 2008, 12:15 pm CDT

gay?

Shawn and Randell's situation doesn't sound very gay to me.  But then that word has been ruined forever.  It used to mean happy, didn't it?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
hopeful
April 13, 2008, 9:16 am CDT

greed kills

Greed kills relationships.  I would like to think that if I was the one who received the inheritance I would just divide between me and my siblings.  But then I won't have to worry about that because my mom won't have anything to leave behind so I can say that.  I almost feel fortunate in that respect.  The love of money really is the root of all evil.  I would like to be wealthy but I also realize the tremendous responsibility that it will bring.  I pray for wealth but first for the grace and wisdom to handle it.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
frustrated
April 13, 2008, 10:23 am CDT

drugs might be the root of all evil

I almost thought that I might change that saying.  But really money and drugs are neutral.  It's what people do with them that cause all the problems.

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
October 26, 2008, 6:24 pm CDT

This parent needs some help

Quote From: kim77077

I call this child abuse, any child should not have to be in the heat collecting rocks or with holding their dinner it is wrong and if one thinks that it is right to have a child out in the heat knowing that a child is left in a hot car what can happen this child could have a heat storke. If the parents really love this child they would not be doing this. Their are other ways to solve bad behavior, Take something away that they like playing with or they cannot have a play date with the friends that she likes to hang out with or no phone calles to her friends what a day or two their are other ways of dealing with behavior then doing what the parents are doing now,Both parents need to go to parenting school and untile they can get a grip on things this child should be living with a grandparent. How would they feel if they were being punish like this and where they

punish like this when they were a child?

Yea this definatly is not the proper way to discipline in my opinion.  But my guess is that quite possibly it is learned behavior.  I am thinking that this parent was punished propably even worse than this when he was a child.  So it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have this child living with a grandparent.  My hope is that he will be open to Dr. Phil's advise and will be able to change and teach his children the proper way to curb bad behavior and then start generations of parents who know how to properly raise children. 

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
blank
November 2, 2008, 5:50 am CST

I can relate

Well I can relate to this one because I have a niece who has two kids but I believe she and her current husband are unfit parents because of their drug addiction.  But my older brother and his wife have tried to get custody of the children but cannot get the courts to help them, she is their niece too the daughter of another brother.  The conditions these kids live in are terrible but case workers will not let us take them and try to give them a better life.  They don’t eat regularly, don’t get to school every day and do not get proper hygiene or medical care but for some reason our legal system thinks their living conditions are good enough.  My older brother is a teacher and his wife is the principle of a school and they raised two daughters who grew up to be responsible adults and are willing to take on this responsibility and give these kids a chance at a better life but can’t do it.  It is very frustrating.

I know it would be sad for them to be separated from their parents but I feel it would be better in the long run.  I don’t understand why a supposedly trained professional, such as a government case worker, can’t see that two school teachers would give these kids a better shot at a good life that two drug addicts.  Am I not understanding something here?

User Mood
Good

Message Emote
embarrassed
November 2, 2008, 6:41 am CST

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutly

The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while.
Albert Einstein

Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized.
Albert Einstein

Well I can relate to this one also because I went to a church for 20 years but finally had to leave because it had turned into something like this not quite as bad at the point when I left but from what I understand is that bad now.

I put these two quotes from Albert Einstein here because I think it explains what goes on that causes these churches to evolve.

Probably if you look at the beginning of most and maybe even all of these churches they probably began with a man who had a vision for God to help people the way He help him.

The church I went to was like that we saw people kick drugs and alcohol and gang bangers become upstanding members of society.  But as people do they begin to idolize the man who they can see who brought this message of transformation to them.  Then as he realizes he has unquestioned authority over these people his humble beginnings are forgotten and his power over them is all that matters.  Anyone who questions him is branded and either comes into submission or leaves and all that is left is loyal unquestioning followers.  Anyway that’s my opinion from what I have seen.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board