Messages By: devora

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 12, 2008, 7:45 am CDT

Response

Quote From: nlambert21

Let me start off by saying that I am not a racist person, however the black people are always talking about equal rights and what not, so let me ask something why is it alright that the black people have their own black entertainment channel on tv, they have their own black beauty pageants, their own black college foundations etc..   If we started making white only channels, college foundations, pageants and stuff we would be considered racist and not treating blacks and whites equally so why is it alright for them to. It seems to me that the blacks are what is racist now days. Also what is up with calling blacks "african americans" and not calling whites "caucasian". African blacks are completely different from the blacks here in the US. They are very kind and very appreciative of what they have and receive as gifts where as MOST of the blacks here think that everything is owed to them because of what has happened in the past. Let it go. I think that the persons character and behavior and actions is what makes them a N, whether they are white,black, brown, blue. Blacks also have the highest percentage of people in jail and the highest number who is on welfare, so maybe once they start contributing to society instead of take, take take, then that is when society will start looking at them as someone who contributes instead of always taking. It just annoys me for black people to say that we are the ones who are racist when I think that it is the other way around.
I agree with everything you just said!     I think the sadest thing going is the poor Indians who are living the reservations.  They were worse than slaves - they were salughtered and their lives haven't improved much at all, but you don't see them screaming for their rights.   I have worked for 30+ years and have seen not only equality for Afro-Americans, but preference for them in the job market.  The white people are the ones being discriminated against.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
October 14, 2008, 10:57 am CDT

Neighbor Hoarding Nigthmare

I realize hoarding is a mental condition but my neighbor's hoarding has affected many people's lives.  The lady is an animal hoarder. I guess I always thought animal hoarders were lonely old ladies, but my neighbor is only in her early 40s.   Her house has paper taped over every window, plastic encloses her doors, patio, and door entrances, and still the smell overcomes you when you're outside. We've called the health board and they do nothing. They simply talk to her and she adds another layer of plastic over a door or window.   I live in what was a comfortable middle class neighborhood where everyone takes great pride in their houses and pristine yards, but their property values have plummeted. I am retired and disabled.   I really need to sell my house so I can move from a 2 story to a ranch type home, but cannot sell it.  People drive by and really like the house, but once they open their car door it's all over.  Something has to be done, but what?  It's not fair that I worked over 40 years and invested a good deal of money in my house to have one sick person destroy it's value.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board