Messages By: angel111999

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
sad
September 17, 2008, 7:45 pm CDT

9/15 Disapperance of Natalee

Quote From: grandmafuz

Thank you Dr. Phil for comeing to Help Beth.  You havent said much  I was wondering why? But now you are comeing forth and God will Bless you.  It will take the very best American can get to help  Beth get the Answers and find Peace .  And I truely think you are one of the Best we have in this country. Thank you . Beth I will always be praying for you. Never give up. Love Grandmafuz
I can't believe so much time has gone by and nothing has been brought up about Finding Natalee after all these years. What a terrible situation for Beth to have to live with on an every day basis. My thoughts and prayers are with her especially at this time of year when the college season begins...something she will never share with her daughter.

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
sad
September 17, 2008, 7:53 pm CDT

Natalee Holloway

Another September and another year that Beth knows nothing about her daughter's whereabouts! As a Mother I want to let Beth know my thoughts and prayers are with her. With all the kids going to college it always reminds me how difficult it must be knowing that her daughter will not have this chance. Beth has to live with the loss of Natalee on an every day basis...not easy for any Mother. Hope Dr.Phil will have an update on this!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 17, 2008, 9:11 pm CDT

COPING WITH StRESS

The way things are going with the economy ...higher prices on gas, oil, groceries, etc. And Wall Street it is so hard to get away from these problems. The only thing that works for me is to let my feelings out on Dr.Phil's Messageboard and getting feedback. It makes me feel that I am not the only one worrying about these daily problems. We have a Presidental election and we have to be concerned as to who is going to have our FUTURE in their hands. COMMUNICATION is wonderful with other people who have the same concerns. Dr.Phil's show is a PROBLEM SOLVER and so is his MESSAGEBOARD!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
September 17, 2008, 9:20 pm CDT

LOSIN YOUR MIND AND HAIR

Quote From: shedevil_s

Ok - no disrespect to Dr. Phil - but my hair is falling out and it's a nervous wreck!!!

I'm a 37 year old female and about 2 months ago I noticed I was losing more and more hair in the shower and when I brushed my hair.  I have quite long hair and at first I thought it was just the heat (I usually 'molt' a bit in the summer) but my hair dresser did think my hair was thinner when I saw him 6 weeks ago.  It gradually got worse - now it's at the point to where I've actually developed a few bald spots and my hair line has receded up my neck noticeably.

I've gone to my doctor and she checked me out and it should be just a stress related issue, nothing permanent (she did blood tests so no thyroid or diabetes, & the bald spots don't match alopecia), so that's a relief.  She said it would have been tied to a particularly stressful event around 3 months before the hair started falling out - so I can TOTALLY remember the phone call to my mother that set it off! ;-)

Anyway - has anyone gone through this that can relate?  When can I expect my hair to stop falling out?  More importantly - when will it come back?  I can still hide it ok now but I'm going to be getting married next year (that was what I was calling to tell mom - thought the call would have been a happier one) and I really would like to stop stressing that I'll be wearing a tiara on a bald head.

Thanks to anyone who could help!

I did at one time lose my hair! I was so upset but I actually got results by taking a vitamin that targeted STRESS and I was told to take Vitamin E which is an Antioxidant that is good for you. Taking a daily Vitamin and a seperate dose of Vitamin E will help your hair grow back. GOOD LUCK!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
blank
September 17, 2008, 10:30 pm CDT

LIVING EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST

I have gone throught the message boards and never realized how many people are STRESSED! Each day does bring us PROBLEMS but remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE! I was an only child trying to prove to my Mother I was a good person. She was dominating, possessive and abusive beyond your imagination so we clashed but yet I had to do everything she wanted me to no matter how I felt. She never approved of me. My Father loved me for the person that I was and always offered his help by just LISTENING to me. He never raised his voice unlike my Mother. I learned so much from him. I AM THE PERSON THAT I AM BECAUSE OF HIM. To avoid extra STRESS at work I did not talk about my personal life. I learned that not all people are your friends and they will use anything you tell them as GOSSIP. Asking for ADVICE is best when you can use this MESSAGEBOARD so it won't get passed to people that are too close to you that will only form an OPINION of you...that you don't need if you are already STRESSED! Walk out the door every day with a SMILE on your face no matter how hard that might be if you are unhappy and going through a bad time. When you SMILE you will get SMILES back and you will be so well liked. I know this for a fact because I did it even when I lost my home and lived in a car and had to SURVIVE on my own with no family at that time to help me. I look back at that time to remember each day that I AM BLESSED to get where I am today! I hope I can be of HELP to anyone who has no FAITH as to a better FUTURE! If I did it by myself I am sure that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE for someone who says STRESS is running their lives and ruining it. I wish the BEST for all of Dr. Phil's viewers. LISTEN to him...he is the best at SOLVING PROBLEMS but when you are STRESSED this MESSAGEBOARD can help you too!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
September 18, 2008, 5:57 am CDT

ACCEPTING MY PAST AND LIVING EACH DAY TO THE FULLEST

One of the most difficult things in my life was accepting I was ABUSED mentally by my Mother and using the experience to make sure I learned to LIKE MYSELF so my FUTURE would not make me have a chip on my shoulder. After my Mother passed away I began to realize I was a GOOD PERSON even though my Mother told me differently. It was difficult at first but I somehow did it. I guess I finally got the chance to PROVE to myself I was worth something. I took each day to rediscover that a POSITIVE ATTITUDE would bring about new friends who would ACCEPT ME for who I was without me having to talk about my past. I made sure all the NEGATIVE in my life would not ruin my FUTURE. As an only child with no family to depend on I only wanted to be a BETTER PERSON than my Mother was. ABUSE can ruin your life only if you let it. LOVE YOURSELF!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
frustrated
September 18, 2008, 9:23 pm CDT

MORE NASTY NEIGHBORS

My car is in the auto body shop being painted after shaving cream was sprayed all over it and had been keyed by my NASTY NEIGHBORS. It was all from me reporting to the police that a truck ran up on our lawn and pushed our trash barrels out of the way so that this person could park in front of our house. When the police caught up with him the police had to bring him to the police station because he had drugs in his truck. Come to find out it was a relative of the NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR. We were already having trouble with them using all the parking spaces in front of our house for junk vehicles their son was fixing all hours of the night plus the family owns 7 vehicles. My vehicle had some type of damage done to it every weekend for 8 weeks. I can't believe any of this! NEIGHBORS can be so cruel..sad but true! Now I still worry that they might do it again after I have it fixed. Worrying about every day problems is bad enough without having to deal with NEIGHBORS hastling us. Except for these NEIGHBORS our neighboehood is clean and quiet. ItLs like we are living next to an auto mechanic's shop with cars and parts everywhere. You never know what it is like to live near Bad NEIGHBORS until you buy your HOME! We have now realized we have to take the GOOD Neighborhood with ONE BAD NEIGHBOR!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
happy
September 19, 2008, 4:00 am CDT

YOU ARE TRULY AN ANGEL

Quote From: ritehere

You are truly an angel with good tidings for all!

Here's to your journey on the upward spiral.

Thank you for your nice thoughts. My JOURNEY has been long and hard but all that I learned has helped me to become STRONG! ABUSE is so PAINFUL but should not RULE YOUR LIFE. It was only until my MOTHER who was my ABUSER passed away I could get my LIFE together. I spent my whole LIFE pleasing my MOTHER that I never had time to be HAPPPY! I somehow kept a POSITIVE attitude when I was around people so no one would see my PAIN. I put a SMILE on my face every day at work and would get SMILES back which would make for a better day for me. It took awhile to take compliments and to TRUST people but I took ONE DAY AT A TIME! It took 10 years before allowing myself to ENJOY LIFE and ACCEPTING what happened to me to use as a LEARNING EXPERIENCE...I can feel confident SHARING my feelings could result in COMMUNICATION with others that I may be able to help.
YOU ARE AN ANGEL TO ME for just responding with POSITIVE comments...THANK YOU. May your LIFE be blessed with all good things!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
hopeful
September 19, 2008, 4:17 am CDT

DREAM INTERPRETATION

Quote From: taemanai

I think that done the right way, can make one more positive.  Imagine seeing really bad things & one would lose confidence in the world.  Our dreams often are bad things that don't make any sense.  A dream interpreter can show how things things are valuable. This was a tip on a morning show, ie. If one dreams something frequently, that event happened the day or two before the dream.  And began at the beginning of these dreams.

Your lack of acceptance would be in your dreams. 

I must say that LACK OF ACCEPTANCE can overwhelm you in your DREAMS. I spent many nights waking up in a sweat after having a dream with my MOTHER not APPROVING OF ME in my daily life although she passed away. My MOTHER had a hold of my subconcious and it was quite difficult to deal with. After 10 years of feeling this way I knew that FORGIVING her was the only way to get on with my life. Once I did that the BAD DREAMS went away and finally MY LIFE HAD JUST BEGUN. I am FREE of the PAST which has helped me COPE with anything that comes my way. I was once HOMELESS and was able to get myself BACK ON MY FEET with a STRONG CONVICTION that going forward things could only get better. Well it did and I am able to LIKE myself now for the PERSON I HAVE BECOME...POSITIVE!

User Mood
Peaceful

Message Emote
sad
September 19, 2008, 4:37 am CDT

NOT BEING ACCEPTED AS AN ABUSED CHILD

Quote From: taemanai

he still slept in his mother's bed, I think he was 2 or something, & was not allowed to eat meat etc. & was allowed to do anything he wanted.  But had to be supervised all the time.

The could be thought of as abuse.  The lack of balance - I think that's what upsets children.  And is abusive.  And I think that kids with these types of problems often behave very spoilt, hyperactive and can't get any help, despite being and doing things that should help.  His mother has created an environment to take out the things she thinks is bad, by reducing chemicals & bad influences, but how this is done without it being in the schools, is not fair.

Schools need to have very healthy choices.  Saying that mentally one can live with one's differences - may be a matter much harder to address than doing good things that address the real concerns.  I think that thinks are linked but are not necessarily connected.  That other causes are much more likely.  Such as hyperactivity or aggression.  So that children don't feel they are abused, different & deprived, almost irrationally later, don't need labels that really reflect the flaws in thinking rather than actual disabilities or differences. 

Because what they have is not what everyone else is like - children may be suffering things not usual for that age.  Might be clingy etc. and imbalanced.

It just opens your eyes as to how not being accepted can happen. 

I remenber as a child being kept from my friends only because My MOTHER must of thought I would tell someone I was being ABUSED by her. At the time I did not even know what Abuse was. I just knew I was SCARED of her and did as I was told. I thought all kids had the same life I had. It wasn't until I was an adult I discovered a diary of my Dad's who had passed away that he was ABUSED by her. It then made me realize I was ABUSED and she was a mentally ill person who herself had been ABUSED by her MOTHER...she just passed it on. It was only until I found this out I found the COURAGE to FORGIVE HER. By that time she was in a Nursing home after having a stroke laying in a bed not able to speak with brain damage. I still spent years visiting her hoping she could one day say "I LOVE YOU". That never happened but I am quite sure she knew I was there for her no matter what she had done to me. I learned FORGIVENESS allows you to set free of all bitterness so that your FUTURE can be a brighter one!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board