Message Boards

Messages By:

July 26, 2005, 1:08 pm CDT

Anyone can do it.

I really grieve to see so many bound by alcoholism and drug addiction.

I have been there and done that as my wife of 17 years.My drinking was a typical

drunkards life with hangovers-the shakes-trouble with the law-the breaking of family

and friends and the financial disaster it causes.I started drinking at age 15.

My grand father was an alcoholic as my father.My grand father broke his back in an

automobile wreck in 1977 and never walked again due to drinking and driving.

My father died in 1978 at age 32 and he was an alcoholic.

#1.One has first to realize they have a problem.

#2.Then comes admittance to themselves and others that there is a problem and want

help for themselves.

#3.Then one is to get help by detoxification of the alcohol or drugs usally in a hospital

equipped for this service.

#4.Then on their release they should attend Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics and

realize they are never to take into their system alcohol or drugs because this sets the

cravings off again and in a short period they are worse off than they were before.

Alcoholism and drug addiction kills and if me and my wife can get clean and sober and

stay clean and sober anyone can.

Me and my wife found our deliverance in Jesus Christ.

God bless you in finding help.

Steven.

July 26, 2005, 1:32 pm CDT

Online support.

Quote From: stevenwm

I really grieve to see so many bound by alcoholism and drug addiction.

I have been there and done that as my wife of 17 years.My drinking was a typical

drunkards life with hangovers-the shakes-trouble with the law-the breaking of family

and friends and the financial disaster it causes.I started drinking at age 15.

My grand father was an alcoholic as my father.My grand father broke his back in an

automobile wreck in 1977 and never walked again due to drinking and driving.

My father died in 1978 at age 32 and he was an alcoholic.

#1.One has first to realize they have a problem.

#2.Then comes admittance to themselves and others that there is a problem and want

help for themselves.

#3.Then one is to get help by detoxification of the alcohol or drugs usally in a hospital

equipped for this service.

#4.Then on their release they should attend Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics and

realize they are never to take into their system alcohol or drugs because this sets the

cravings off again and in a short period they are worse off than they were before.

Alcoholism and drug addiction kills and if me and my wife can get clean and sober and

stay clean and sober anyone can.

Me and my wife found our deliverance in Jesus Christ.

God bless you in finding help.

Steven.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/AlcoholicsVictoriousinChrist?lnk=li

July 27, 2005, 8:32 pm CDT

I totally agree.

Dr Phil I totally agree with your debate with Robyn that one should not bring into their

sex lives a third party.It is totally unhealthy and only brings marital disaster.This

sex therapist Robyn should watch Jerry Springer more often to see the rage it brings

by being unfaithful.I have been married 17 years today and my sex life is as good

with my mate as it was the first time we made love together.Stand firm Dr Phil because

Robyn the sex therapist is totally wrong and should go into another business.

God bless.

Steven.

July 28, 2005, 10:38 am CDT

Congradulations.

Congradulations to all that are sober alcoholics and clean addicts.Me and my wife are sober alcoholics and it took my wife a terrible case of DT`s to finally sober up and we are recovering together.Sometimes two married alcoholics one sober and one practicing has to tell the other to get help and sober or were getting divorced.My sobriety was living hell before my wife got sober and now our marriage is the best its been in our 17 years of marriage and drinking.I would not trade my sobrieties worst moments for drinkings best moments.The sober life is life at last.

God bless all.

Steven.

July 28, 2005, 9:01 pm CDT

Wow!

Wow the love of money is the root of all evil.I was really touched by Carole and Jays story and them working on the restoration of their brother and sister relationship.As for Christy and her mother Jackie is a different feeling.I believe Christy should be concerned about her mother and her mothers money being took but nevertheless its her mothers money and I would say give it back some lessons are hard to learn.Anyone that is a convicted sex offender should always be under the microscope.By seeing his reactions by the questions Dr Phil asked him I could tell he was offended and do believe he actually thinks the money Christy has is his.He could be up to no good because as Dr Phil said on the show money makes people do strange things.

God bless all.

Steven. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board