Message Boards

Messages By: bjbuterfli

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
January 30, 2006, 3:08 pm CST

what I learned from my parents

My parents married because they were pregant with me oh so many years ago. They have always been two of the most miserable people I know.  They have been married for over 52 years. Why are they still together, because they know no other way to be, 

What I learned from them. Ain't no way I was going to be that unhappy. So when it got bad I was gone. three times. If it ain't working, I am out of here.  It took alcoholism and 10 years of working on me before I was able to have arelationship that was worth being in. 

bjbutterfli 

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
May 17, 2006, 2:32 pm CDT

heart goes out to parents.

How I wish there was words of hope for Bradons parents. I am a recovered alcoholic /addict with three sons. All do drugs. All drink to much. One is on probation. One is still in prison, and the youngest  just got out. He is drinking again less then 2 months out.  The oldest won't be out for one more year. When he gets out one more strike and he will be locked up for habitual.  Oh and I have one who died 16 years ago.    

I have dealt with lots of teens and drugs over the last 14 yrs of recovery. I have to say.  I do not hold much hope for Bradon. Not yet.   And I really don't think , as much as I love Dr. Phil,   this will help Bradon.     Maybe his parents.  But he is not done yet.  

None of my boys are allowed to live in my house any  more because they refuse to not use in my home.  So they life on the streets.    

peace,   

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 8, 2007, 6:23 am CDT

09/10 Season 6 Premiere!

Quote From: nightangel1282

Hmmm... texting while driving... That's smart. Take your eyes off the road in the middle of a city in traffic to tell your friend that you're on your way by punching on the buttons on your cell phone... (In case you haven't noticed, I AM being VERY sarcastic). People like that shouldn't be allowed to drive if they're going to deliberately distract themselves. Vehicles are basically missiles with breaks and steering, and it's up to the person behind the wheel to make sure that they're not going to crash into anything by paying absolute attention to what they're doing and what's going on around them. If everyone paid attention to what they were doing behind the wheel and what was going on around them, there would be far less accidents on the road!

Just my take on things. Looking forward to Season Six!!

Nightangel1282

Distractions, texting, dialing, answering, cell phones. Changing CD's, radio stations, eating, digging in your purse for something. READING. I have seen all and more. I am a driving instructor, teaching mostly teenagers.  In my state a driver on a permit can not use their cell phone while they are driving. But like all adults as soon as they get their license  they can. Our teenagers model after their parents. So do you use your phone? then why won't your teen.

A few months back we lost a teenage girl. Had her license for just over a month.  The phone records show she hit send 30 seconds before she crashed into the back of a large dump truck. Killed her instantly. There was no sign that she ever even hit the brakes. Chances are she  never even saw it.  Sadly several other teens saw it happen. 

Wake up people. If you are going to drive then drive. If you need to talk on the phone (or text) pull over.

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
September 15, 2007, 4:50 pm CDT

he's 22 She's 51

Looks like my son has them all beat. He is 22 and his 'girlfriend' is 51. Two years younger then me. She has a 15 yr old daughter.

He says they love each other.  He has a drinking problem and is back in prison for breaking parole. They had yet one more drunken fight and  he was out kicking over newspaper boxes. Was charged with criminal mischief, less then $100 damage. But enough to send him back. 

This woman has left more then one drunken, middle of the night, message about what a rotten mother I was and am. And now since he is in prison he would like me to accept and be friendly with her.  Is he kidding.?  No, he is not.  Has even said he hopes I don't make him chose between her and me.   I can't do that. As much as I think it is a bad mistake, he is an adult, and it is his life. But there is no way I am going to befriend this 'woman'.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board