Message Boards

Messages By: kjjarvis1

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2005, 2:44 pm CDT

Save Those Girls

I wrote this last night but it still hasn't appeared on the boards, so I don't know what's happening.  

I can't believe that Dr. Phil let that woman go home to those poor little girls. He should have called Child Protective Services and gotten the children out of that home. Michelle isn't a bit sorry about what she's doing to her daughters and her husband is no better the way he stands there & lets her abuse them. We hear too much about stuff like this here in Florida. I hope that their neighbors call Child Protective Services and the police ASAP!!!!!! Someone has got to get those kids out of that house before their mother kills them. That woman should have been taken from the show in handcuffs and the father should only be allowed supervised visits. If no one acts now and she does kill them, I hope that Dr. Phil can live with himself.  

I really like the show but I've never seen him have such disregard for the safety and well being of children. Can someone please explain what possessed Dr. Phil to let Michelle go home to abuse those girls more? Maybe California has different laws than Florida or they just don't care about little kids? 

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2005, 2:53 pm CDT

09/19 "Afraid of My Mom"

Quote From: whatdoikno

If we are wondering why the father doesn’t protect his children from their mother, it is because the courts will not let fathers separate the children away from the mother.   

In my opinion: Until children are given human rights in our country, this type of abuse will continue to happen.   

In practice the Family Courts believe the children are the property of the mother and unless there is severe black and white evidence against the mother, the mother will almost always get custody.   

It is disgusting that in my area the joke is “The only time a father gets custody  of his children instead of the mother is when the mother is in prison.  And the only way a mother can permanently lose custody of a child is when the coroner signs the child’s death certificate.”   

If a father tried to take the children away from an abusive mother, and the mother contests there will be a big custody battle in court which will put the children in the custody of the mother until the case is decided. Or if there is evidence like this program the children would be put in foster care for at least a year, until the case is decided.  Then all the mother has to do is wait 6 months and go to a counselor for a couple of months so that the counselor is able to testify that he has not seen anything that would guarantee the mother would abuse the children.  Then the judge would give custody back to the mother.  

I don't know what state you live in, but here in Florida, that is certainly not the case. Children are taken away from abusive mothers and the father is given custody all the time. Also, the video from the show is proof enough that the mother is abusing the children and any court will order them removed from the home. Child abuse is a crime here and I'm sure that judges watch Dr. Phil's show too.  

In my opinion, the father doesn't deserve custody of the girls either. Any man who would try to justify his wife abusing the children shouldn't be allowed to have custody of them. The girls should be in foster care. The father should only be allowed supervised visits and the mother should be in jail.  

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
September 20, 2005, 6:31 pm CDT

Little Mean Girls

I am so tired of little brats being given everything they want & throwing temper tantrums when they don't get it. I'm also tired of hearing people say "Don't spank the little darlings. You'll hurt their ego". That's exactly what these girls need is a good spanking.  

My father was WWII Army and didn't tolerate any misbehavior or disrespect from us kids, either at home or at school. Breaking the rules resulted in a leather belt being applied to our bare bottoms,  then we had to face the corner for at least an hour & depending on the "crime", we were grounded for at least a weekend. There were 6 of us kids and none of us became an ax murderer or has low self esteem because our parents cared enough to punish us when we needed it. We also were not given everything we wanted. We had a good home, clothes to wear, food to eat and yes, we had toys that we had to share with each other. When we wanted something & it wasn't Christmas or our birthday, we had to earn that item.  

Due to medical reasons, I am the only one of the 6 who does not have any children, but my nieces and nephews are all very well behaved and very polite. That is due to the fact that their parents don't give them everything they want and are not afraid to discipline them when it is necessary.  

These 3 little girls are badly in need of discipline and a few minutes in time out isn't going to solve the problem. The parents also need to learn how to be parents and stop giving the kids everything they want. A little old fashioned discipline will do wonders for how those 3 little brats behave.  

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
quiet
June 10, 2008, 8:37 pm CDT

Discipline

My dad & uncles were WWII Army & didn't put up with any nonsense from us kids. When we got out of line, we got spanked. It didn't happen too often because we knew what would happen if we did get out of line. We also didn't act up in school because we knew what the consequences would be when we got home. If we started acting up in public, we were told to straighten up or we would be making a trip to the car with whatever adult was with us & that trip to the car always meant a spanking. Since we knew what would happen, we didn't act up in public.

Although I don't have any children of my own, I am a teacher in Florida & have seen many kids, both elementary & secondary, who could use some good solid discipline & probably even a spanking or 2. Because everyone is afraid to discipline their children for fear of having Child Protective Services called on them (it has happened to people I know just because their teen was grounded) kids are running wild. Instead of getting into fist fights, they are stabbing & shooting each other.

Consider the recent case of the teens who lured another teen to the house, beat her up, recorded the beating & posted it on YouTube. If the parents of the teens who committed the crime would have disciplined & yes, even spanked those kids before they got to be 16-17 years old, they probably wouldn't have done that.

Another case that didn't make national headlines happened last summer. Two boys, ages 15 & 16 drove up to a local Taco Bell drive-thru window & threw a cold soda in the cashier's face while she was giving them their change. They recorded their act & posted it on YouTube. Millions of people, mostly teens, have seen that poor cashier get ice cold soda thrown in her face. The boys were given community service & told to record an apology & put it on YouTube. Had these boys received proper discipline when they were younger, they would not have thought something like that was a good thing to do. Once they were caught, they should have been severely punished & yes, even given a good spanking, by their parents. One year later, they are still out driving around & posted a very insincere apology on YouTube. Here is the link to the article about their apology on the Orlando Sentinel's web site. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-pranksters-apologies-061008,0,7228756.story?track=rss

Too many kids today are out of control & in many cases, a good spanking will bring them right into line. Kids don't need to be telling their parents that, if the parents discipline the kids, the kids will call CPS on them. Parents need to be free to discipline their kids in any way they think will do the trick & not have to worry about CPS being called. I do mean discipline & not abuse. If my brother, cousins or myself ever threatened to call CPS on our parents, we would have gotten spankings & then told to pack our bags because when CPS arrived, we would be going with them.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
angry
October 4, 2008, 10:39 am CDT

The Goldman's & the Anthony's

I'm pretty sure that OJ did kill Nicole & Ron Goldman, but I think he may have been set up on this current case. But why is the focus always just on the Goldman's? Yes, they lost a son & brother, but there were 2 others who lost something more important than a son or brother. 2 little children lost their mother that night. I'm not saying that Ron Goldman's life wasn't important. All lives are important. But children need their parents & the night that Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman were killed, those 2 children's lives were changed forever in a way that can't be fixed.

I think that the Goldman's are just money hungry. All I've ever heard them say is how upset they are because they haven't gotten all of OJ's money. I've never once heard them express any concern for OJ's children. They sold all of OJ's Super Bowl stuff, which should have been given to his children. OJ Simpson wasn't always the man who abused & then killed his wife. From everything I've read, OJ really loved his children. They are the ones who were hurt the most by their father's actions. They lost their mother & father that night. At least 1/2 the money that the Goldman's have gotten should go to OJ's children. I don't know how old they are now, but that money should have been put into trust funds for their college education & so they'd have a litle nest egg when they graduated. But I don't think the Goldman's care about anybody but themselves. They are the ones who filed the law suit & they are the ones who were awarded all of OJ's money. Who is standing up for the 2 children that lost their mother & now have lost their father too? It makes me sick to hear the Goldman's whining about how they want more of OJ's money & aren't getting enough of it. Don't the children deserve to have some of their father's belongings & money? Why are the Goldman's the only ones who seem to be entitled to it? When you had them on the show, why didn't you have someone representing the children on too? Or don't they deserve a voice in this tragedy?

I live in Central Florida & think that Casey Anthony is guilty of killing her daughter. I also think that her family knows it too & are just covering up for her. According to the local news, there are already book & movie deals in the works. They're also trying to cash in on the misfortune of the woman who Casey said was the babysitter who took Calylee. She has lost her job & can't get another one because of Casey's lies. But nobody seems to care about her. All the focus is on Casey. Most of us are sick of TV programs & the news being interrupted with "breaking news" that Casey has left her house to see her lawyer. The media is playing this up for all it's worth. Who cares how many hours Casey spends at her lawyer's office? We want to hear that they've found Caylee & that Casey is under arrest for murdering her. Once that happens, her family should be arrested for lying to the police about what they know. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Casey's father & brother helped to bury Caylee. All of the people who are driving in from other cities just to be in front of the Anthony house are just trying to get on TV. They have no business being there & are just causing the media to play this up even more. There are thousands of missing children all across the country whose parents really want to find them. Why aren't they getting the same media attention? Why is it always the little blonde haired, blue eyed girls like Jon Bennet Ramsey & Caylee Anthony who are getting all of the media attention? Why doesn't anybody care about the other missing children in this country?

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
angry
October 7, 2008, 5:31 pm CDT

The Goldmans & Casey Anthony

I am sick of the money grubbing Goldman family & I don't understand why Dr. Phil isn't helping them get over their grief & hatred of OJ. They need to be in counseling, not on national TV. They are proud of driving OJ to do foolish things & almost to the brink of insanity. I don't see how they are honoring Ron's memory with these actions. They are after all of OJ's money & don't give a darn about his & Nicole's kids. They lost their mother that night. I can't imagine how they have felt all of these years knowing that their mother was dead, their father probably did it & the Goldman's are taking every cent that should be theirs. I have never once heard the Goldman's express any concern or sympathy for the Simpson children. All they care about is the money. If they aren't just concerned with getting all of OJ's money, why didn't they give his Super Bowl stuff to the children instead of selling it? The Goldman's make me sick with their money grubbing attitude & lack of concern about OJ & Nicole's children. I don't trust that guy who was on the last show. I think he's just out to make a name & some money for himself & doesn't know anything about the murders or where any of OJ's stuff is. I wouldn't be surprised if the Goldman's set OJ up in this latest case. I also think that the jury convicted him this time because they thought he got away with murder the last time. This case was rigged. How could it have been a jury of OJ's peers if there were no black people on it? The Las Vegas cops were even heard saying that they were going to do what the LA cops couldn't & put OJ behind bars for the rest of his life. How is that justice?

Casey Anthony is a different story altogether. There is no doubt in most people's minds that she killed Caylee & buried the body somewhere. The latest thing on the news is that her lawyer has filed a motion with the court for Casey to be allowed to search for Caylee without being in the public eye. The child has been missing for almost 3 months. Why is she just now wanting to look for her daughter? This is just another trick to try & keep her out of jail where she belongs. I'm willing to bet that her family knows what happened to Caylee & they're just protecting Casey. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Casey's father or brother helped to bury Caylee. That whole family is sick. 

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
confused
October 8, 2008, 5:06 pm CDT

message order

Will there be a way to read the oldest messages first without having to go back through all of the pages & read from the bottom up? It drives me crazy having to do that. The normal way people read anything is from the oldest to the newest & from the top to the bottom. For the sake of the sanity of everybody who reads these message boards, please put the messages in order from oldest to newest & top to bottom.

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
angry
October 11, 2008, 6:53 am CDT

Goldmans

Quote From: tonyfan

All the "stolen stuff" was indirectly stolen from the Goldmans."?????
What about the Browns, who lost Nicole and the kids who lost their mother, what have they got.  NOTHING!!  and I dont see them on the TV all the time bitching like the Goldmans.

Enough of them already!

I couldn't agree with you more. The Goldman's are only in it for whatever money they can get from OJ. They don't care about the fact that Nicole & OJ's kids have had to grow up without their mother. All the money in the world won't bring Ron Goldman or Nicole Simpson back, so why are the Goldman's hounding OJ? That money & his stuff belongs to his & Nicole's children, not the Goldman's. What are they doing with all of that money anyway? I haven't heard of anything being done to honor Ron or Nicole. Oh, that's right, this isn't about Ron & Nicole losing their lives, this is about Ron's family being greedy money grubbers. They're no better than the Wall Street CEOs who caused this big economic melt down. They're all just in it for the money & nothing else.

I'll bet that Dr. Phil isn't even reading this message board because he knows that he's getting blasted for having the Goldman's on the show so much. They need to be in treatment to get rid of their hatred, not on national TV. I wonder what they'll do & say if sometime in the future, it turns out that OJ didn't kill Ron & Nicole?

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2008, 6:59 am CDT

BETA Community FAQ and Help Page

Can I change my user name?

User Mood
Depressed

Message Emote
blank
October 11, 2008, 7:03 am CDT

Casey Anthony Polls

Here is the link to the latest story on WFTV (one of the Orlando local channels) about Casey Anthony. There are a bunch of polls you can take. Most of the people who took the polls think that Casey killed Caylee & that her parents are not the victims they claim to be. http://www.wftv.com/news/17684992/detail.html

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board