Messages By: suujoy

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 24, 2005, 2:17 am CDT

Want to join an Aussie support group?

Hi everyone.

It looks like all previous messages have been deleted. Nevermind. Something new like this is wonderful!

I'm Suu and I've been around since February 2004 and I've lost 33kg. I've been at goal for some time now and would love to hear from and support you on your journey to weight loss freedom.

I'm an administrator of a fantastic support site for anyone following the Ultimate Weight Solution-The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom. If you'd like to join other likeminded people losing weight this way please email me at suujoy@hotmail.com 

Just to show that it really does work here are my before and after pics.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
July 25, 2005, 5:03 pm CDT

Australia

Quote From: sharon1627

Just popped in to say hello I don't know if you remember me but I had a lot of trouble trying to get you my email anyway you look good in the photos it's really working for you better get some sleep early day at work tomorrow.

see ya sharon

Hi Sharon

How are you doing with the book and the weight loss now? Do you need help, inspiration or a boost of any sort to keep you on track and moving?

I'm only an email away at any given time.

Suu

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
July 26, 2005, 9:38 pm CDT

You can do it!

Quote From: sharon1627

I got your email and I will come and have a look,i keep going up and down like a yo-yoI weigh 63.5kilos I would like to be 58kls just the brain does'nt seem to be in gear, I got the Dr.Phil book just need to find the time now to sit down and get into it,the weekend seems to be my only time to make time for myself then something comes up poor excuse I know it.anyway I just decided tonight I going to start reading itcatch you after. sharon

Hi Sharon,

Open the book and read that first sentence - You have a decision to make - and then make it. 

Make the decision to be the healthiest person in your family's life and that you are going to be their role model so that they will not need this book in their future! (I wonder if Dr Phil realizes that his future sales will drop because we're teaching the next generation how to not get obese hahahahaha)

Please don't wait.  Read it in the toilet if you have to! lol  Be warned though - it's a page-turner and is hard to put down when you get into it.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
July 27, 2005, 3:20 pm CDT

Hi Dolly

Quote From: aussiedoll

Hi Sharon,

Its Donna (Doll), I can't echo Suu enough about making the decision of getting into the book and becoming a healthier you.

We are here for you...To support you if you need it, help you if you need help and even give you a nudge along if you need that too.

I look forward to supporting you on your own journey to health,  All the best,  Donna.

Fancy seeing you here!

We ought to put a nicely written invitation to all of the prospective losers on here to join our support site!

You are doing amazingly well and I'm proud and honoured to be counted as one of your supporters.  Keep on keeping on, buddy.

Suu

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
July 31, 2005, 4:56 am CDT

Hi Natalie

Quote From: bigred80

Hi everyone

I have a confession to make, I thought I was going great with the steps and about half way through I ground to a screeching halt. To begin with I thought that it was just because I took a break while the in-laws were staying, but then I realised that I was really just reading a book.

So far there is nothing that I haven't understood. To be honest I just don't know how to get back in to it.

I think that I need to start from the beginning and maybe slow down this time. But it is just so frustrating, alot of what is covered I already know. I think it is the stuff on figuring out myself and me reasons and triggers for my over eating that I am having problems with.

Anyway before I prattle on anymore, what do you think? Should I start again? Or any ideas on how to get back on track.

Thanks for the help

Natalie

I'm not quite sure what you mean by you were "half-way through" because this is a lifestyle change for good and not just until you lose weight. My advice is to open the book at the first sentence and begin changing your life around for good this time.

IMO we come to a screaming halt when we haven't quite got a key. Like if you chuck the junk out with Key 3 and then allow it to creep back in. We then start the spiral back to habits of old.

Please do all of the audits again as you go through the book and make your goals and timelines (Chapter 2) so that you have a map to follow down to you ultimate goal weight. 

You've started again by coming here and asking for help.  Congratulations on making the decision to be a healthy and happy (and slimmer) person!

You are going to be a loser! WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Go get your dream and we'll walk right along side of you.

Suu

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 4:47 am CDT

You're gonna make it this time

Thanks Suu

Well I have started the book from scratch. I am felling a lot more confidant this time around. Last time I was enthusiastic to start and more than I like to admit I just wanted to get to the information that I thought I needed the most.

There is a voice inside my head that says that I have no idea as to why I gain weight. And then there is the one that says 'are you crazy?'. I know what I have to do, I am pretty sure I even know what works and what doesn't for me, but I forgot on crucial thing, the reason I purchased the book in the first place: I needed to learn how to deal with me. So the me who can talk myself in and out of anything got hold and kept telling me I didn't need to do that exercise or the next one. I was only reading the book to get to the part that was "relevant' to me.

So I have to say that there is going to be a lot more messages on here from me, the ones when I know that I am running away with myself and need to decompress before I loose all the work I have done.

Thank you for your support and your advice, it is nice to know that I am not alone. And it is great to get advice from someone who has walked this road before me.

Natalie

You are sounding a lot more confident now and I would like to help you keep your enthusiasm going right to your ultimate goal weight if I can!

If you'd like to have a look at our support site for anyone following The Ultimate Weight Solution - the 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom then please email me at suujoy@hotmail.com and I'll give you the link.  The more the merrier!

You can email me anytime for help or advice on anything to do with the book too.

The GBO (Great Bald One = Dr Phil) has written this book in a way that you can use it to completely change what helped make you fat but the one thing he can't do, and that is to do it for us.  We must do it for ourselves.

I wish you great luck on this wonderful journey.

Suu

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
August 2, 2005, 3:51 pm CDT

Good on ya Paul!

Quote From: dingosrun

hi guys my name is paul i live in western australia work as a drillers ffsider in the outback

well its time to do something this time tryed last year losted a bit but put it back on bit hard when we have buffet meals in mine camp every night and lots of nice food well hoping for you guys support and to loss some cheers p

Hi there Paul,

Good to see you having another go.  While it is hard when the people around you can't or won't support you in your quest for health it is entirely up to you what you put in your mouth :-)

With the help of Dr Phil's book, a support team of people around you that only want your best interests for the future, and your choice to change your life around I am positive that you can have a future that's fat-free.

It's not all about the food - you need to move your butt as well as follow every page of the book from making goals to hugging a tree if that's what it takes! hahahahaha

So begin today by opening your book again and making the decision to get real about fat or stay real fat.

If you're interested in joining our team of coaches, cheerleaders, teammates, and umpires to walk with you and support each other please send me an email to suujoy@hotmail.com and I'd be more than happy to welcome you to the group.

I wish you all the best for this choice of wanting more for yourself.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
August 4, 2005, 4:30 pm CDT

Hello Dyan

Quote From: missdyan

I am interested in finding a walking buddy to help get me back on track as I have been in an eating binge for the last few days. My friend has lost over 100 pounds and if im honest with my self, Im jealous because I can't afford weight watchers and can't buy the right food to eat. It is a matter of what I can buy for what I have to spend.Not looking for a excuse, but need the motivation walking can give. Please help if you can. I live in the Waterford West area, so if you are out there please email me.  Dyan

Although I don't live near you as a walking buddy I wanted to ask you why you'd want to go to WW when Dr Phil has the Ultimate Weight Solution - the 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom for you waiting at your nearest Big W, K-Mart, or bookstore?  If you can afford to have the internet then IMO you can't afford to miss this opportunity to never have to go on any diet ever again. 

I'm on a pension and paying off a house and have all the usual bills yet the food that the GBO suggests we eat is healthy as well as cheap because we get to choose from a looooooooooooong list to make up our very own menus.

Please don't wait for a buddy to come up to your door to get you moving in the right direction.  Please do take that first step out of your door and go for that walk on your own?  Too worried about going on your own?  Walk around your house with the music up! LOL Put a timer on and walk for 10 or 20 minutes from room to room and not stop for anything. (Don't forget to take the phone off the hook will you?)

If you have the willingness to do it then I will urge you on to a healthier you.

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 10:23 pm CDT

Hello again Nat

Okay I am having a really huge problem getting through key two! I am trying to listen to my automatic thoughts, but by the time I realise what is happening I am already through my second or third helping. I must admit tonight at dinner time, when I went back for a second helping I noticed, I can't remember ever noticing that I was eating more than what I needed to. But I still listened to those thoughts that make me have more, I can't seem to let go. 

This is really hard to explain. There is a logical part of me that as I am having more food than I need and asks why, but I can't seem to let the better part take hold. The times that I realise what I am doing I resent myself for having the ability to say no to myself. It is like being torn between good and bad shoulder angels. 

Is there anyone who had similar problems or has any advice. 

Thank you Nat 

Did you write down your goals from Chapter 2 (from page 32 onwards)?  I think that we skip over this important part of the book (I know every part is important lol) and if we don't have the roadmap to urge us onto our next weight loss goal then we may lose sight of what Key 1 and 2 are going to teach us. 

So re Key 2, it ends up being our own choice whether we react to something or not.  It's also a big choice that we have to get rid ourselves of our pasts and the stressors in our lives so that we no longer turn to food for comfort.  What score and interpretation did you get from the emotional eating audit on page 83?  Reading onwards, is there a particular part that you can not understand?  Are you using the four questions regarding your thoughts and writing them down? -  

Are they true?   

Do they serve your best interests?  

Do they advance and protect your health?   

Do they help you achieve your weight-management goals? 

Were you able to find your own MER to forgive the people or events in your life that have been holding you back from going into your future with a light heart?  

The GBO says on page 105 - "Your challenge is to consider all the possible coping skills available to you other than eating ..."  We can't really give you all of the tips and hints that we use because we don't know your life, only you know that and what it is going to take to lose the weight and keep it off. 

If you've read the book before then maybe you need a good dose of Key 4?  Learning the art of walking away from the temptations and finding alternatives to eating? 

Also keep in mind that if it's not in the house you won't be tempted.  You want to lose weight and get healthy again and you know that by eating a second or third helping isn't going to aid your goals so maybe getting stuck into the whole book you'll be learning the keys to help you not do this anymore and thus bring you to the point of a light globe moment where you say to yourself "I can and will do this!"  

Suu 

User Mood
Excited

Message Emote
happy
August 31, 2005, 7:22 pm CDT

Hi Faye

Quote From: indy35

Hi Everyone,   

My name is faye I haven't been on for at least 9 months. I first brought the Dr Phil book weighing in at 157kg now 1 year later I am 80kg which at 180cm is the correct weight for my height and I must say that it feels fantastic. I must admit that I am having a little trouble getting Dr Phil out of my head though. Everytime I go out for tea and look at some foods I don't need I can hear him saying WHAT ARE YOU THINKING and I have a little giggle to my self I have been maintaining my weight for about 6 weeks now and hope that I can for the rest of my life. I would quite often read messages from other people on this board and gain inspiration to keep going so thank you all and I will keep checking in to keep me on the straight and narrow   

Cheers Faye   

To lose 77kg (170 pounds) in a year is a gobsmackingly awesome effort!  A huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge congratulations to you for your committment to the 7 Keys. 

How about posting a photo of yourself so we can see the humongous change and to give the added inspiration to all who come here? 

I don't think we are meant to get the GBO (Great Bald One) out of our heads.  He's there to remind us continually that weight is managed not cured and we will need to remember that, so we don't go off the straight and narrow. 

Again, I want to say well done!  Keep up the maintaining because we've worked long and hard at getting to our goals and now we can learn a new sort of normal. 

Suu 

suujoy@hotmail.com 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board