User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
hopeful
July 24, 2005, 2:13 pm CDT

Lose the inches if not the weight

Hi can I join in?

This is my first attempt at a message board

I just wanted to say I've struggled with my weight and ill health for quite a few years now. I find the thing that helps is to measure my body from head to ankle and keep check on the inch loss - the scales may not be moving - keep going the next few days will show a difference if you don't console yourself with eating- but as I eat for health my body shows the difference.

Hugs to you all out there x x

Sorry I don't know how to add all the pretty things you have

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
hopeful
July 24, 2005, 2:31 pm CDT

Do it for you

Hi everyone. this is my first time here and I am very glad that I have found this message board. I have never said this to anyone or out-loud or even wrote it on paper but I am abused..I guess it falls under emotional or mental.. I don't even know. what I do know is that it is destroying me as a person. I have seen myself change so much, I am not who I used to be. I am not who I want to be. I just am now, Like a shell of a person, with not much feeling b/c I have turned myself off to others and even myself. i have been with this person for 11 years and married for 3 we have 2 children, and a nice home. I have found over the years that we argue about the same things over and over, He always brings up the past, I am the one who is always wrong, and he wont stop till I admit that.. the last argument we had left me feeling empty. very empty, and I don't know who to turn to, I don't want to involve my family , most of my friends are to judgmental, I want to start therapy, and I am scared that he wont go b/c he doesn't think he has a problem... so sry for rambling, but I just have to get this all out. It eating me alive inside. I hate how I feel, I have trouble functioning some days, b/c I'm consumed with disappointment and fear and worry, how do I make this work and get our life's back on track. How do I find me????

Hi there

Well done for opening up and getting it out, are you feeling better for moving forward.

My best advise is for you to start with you, start loving and respecting yourself. Its like Dr Phil says we teach people how to treat us, if we don't treat ourselves with love and respect then noone else with Go for therapy for you, get strong then you can deal with this bully start today and Stop him destroying you. You are in control, I know it does not seem like it yet but only you can control your thoughts. You know that arguing over the same things does not work - so stop that pattern of behaviour,  change it , refuse to engage walk away and do something else. Let him know that whilst he shouts etc you will not discuss it you are in a habit which you can break - therapy will help so take the next step forward and arrange it and go for you. Do it for you and your children .

You can get out of theis trap

Big Hug

Bev x

User Mood
Relaxed

Message Emote
hopeful
July 24, 2005, 2:36 pm CDT

You can change

I have been married for 6 years to my wonderful and beutiful wife we have 10 mos old daughter and i seem to be a controlling husband and I dont want to be but all growing up this is what i saw in my life with my own father and mother needs some help what i should be doing. I going to see a counselor in my area as well for some help. Buy any suggestions would be great

Hi

Have you read any of Dr Phil's books? You will find them really useful, read them together, you need training to help you stop controlling and start respecting each other and working as a partnership but you can do it. You will be happier your wife will be and you will be bringing up your baby in a loving relaxed relationship ' so it is worth  doing.

Good luck

Bev

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page
Return to Message Board