Messages By: puptent

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
July 26, 2005, 5:40 am CDT

My 4 year old also is pickier than my 2 year old

Quote From: jettav

actually, my 4 year old is more picky then my 2 year old but what I do now is give my daughter choices and she must choose one of those. It is always something that she likes and always nutricious. That usually goes for snacking times. for meals, I cook meals that I know every one will like something being served, therefore there is no excuse for being hungry. I will sneak a veggie mixed in with mashed potatoes or sliced bananas in banana pudding. I have also discovered things that she likes to make something she doesn't care for more appetizing to her, like she doesn't care for green beans but she loves french fried onions and will eat her green beans with the onions on top. My 2 year old will only eat green beans if she can dip them in catsup! yep, pretty gross, but she is eating green beans now. LOL I have noticed also that taste buds change, so I wouldn't worry about your two year old, maybe make a tray in the refrig with nutricious snacks and let him help himself when he is hungry, my two year loves helping herself to the refrig.
My two year old got my husband's eating habits -- she hasn't met a vegetable or fruit she doesn't like (although she has never tried brussel sprouts!)  But my four year old son is pickier than I am -- if it wasn't for salads I woudln't eat vegetables!  I like corn, lima beans, baked beans, peas, pea pods, and some chinese veggies but that's it and yes most of those veggies are starch!  My son won't eat ANY veggies -- "I don't like vegetables!"  His doctor said not to worry his eating habits will change and I started giving him fruit with dinner instead.  I also have been reading some recipes in kids recipe books and have found some veggie recipes that I want to try.  He LOVES macanoni  (as he calls it) so last night I served the tri colored ones -- he fought it at first but then after tasting said that he liked all three colors!  (green is made with spinach, orange with tomato and the whte is regular)  Well we take our battle wins where we can get them! ;-)

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
happy
July 26, 2005, 6:20 pm CDT

Tattoos

My four year old son saw a someone with tattoos for the first time the other day.  He turned to me and said "Mommy isn't she worried that her mommy will yell at her when she gets home?"  I asked him for what? And he said "for writing and drawing all over herself!"

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
hopeful
July 26, 2005, 6:31 pm CDT

Thank you for sharing your story...

Quote From: my_bubba

I know in the last forum that the majority of the posts in this topic were negative. I wanted to start the forum with a positive topic. I wanted to hear some stories about positive relationships with stepfamilies. I'll be the first . . .

I am 21. My parents married when I was 19. I have a 1 year old brother. I met my stepdad when I was 11. My stepdad is a huge influence in my life. He told me a couple weeks ago that he wanted to be the most positive influence in my life. I see my stepdad as a father figure/dad. He spends a lot of time with me justtalking and hanging out. We also spend a lot of time together as a family. My mom, brother and stepdad are great. My Mom and I have a great relationship also, and I love spending time with my little brother.

:o)

I hope that my step kids have something nice to say about me later in life.  Right now, I am the evil stepmom who enforces rules etx.  Just as any kid, they see me as a meanie not all that I do for them.  I remember as a teenager I thought my parents didn't understand me at all and that they were mean.  Many years later I realized that they were just doing what was best for me and teaching me right from wrong...so I guess there's hope....

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
hopeful
July 28, 2005, 5:24 am CDT

I know your story and I would be angry

Quote From: cdringl

Thank you for the positive feedback. I am angry with my life right now. I have had a lot going on and maybe I will just copy and paste my diary entry from my computer into a post so that I don't have to re-hash my feelings all over again. I would do anything to protect my step daughter as well. If that means going to court to prove my innocents and spending all the money I have to show my step daughter you can't abuse people and get away with it.

Anyhow I will post it and you can tell me if you would be angry.

Carlie ---

I have been away from this board for a while (due to the fact that I changed my email address and couldn't receive the confirmation email from here to re-register...) so anyway, how are you and yours?  Have you gone to court again since the first time against your stepdaughter's mom & grandma?  And how is your stepdaughter taking it?  Is she supportive of you but confused regarding her mom?  It is tough enough to be a stepmom and not to make the child feel like their bio parents are wrong even when we know they are because they are their parents but in your case she has been thrown into a position by her mom to have to choose "sides".  Does she know that her mom & Grandma beat you up and then accused you of wrongdoings?

Hang in there.  It is bound to get better....

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
ecstatic
July 28, 2005, 5:48 am CDT

Hi..I saw this board and had to post...

I am on SS disability for chronic fatigue syndrome since 1992.  Most people don't know what that is and say things like "you don't look sick" or "just get more sleep!"  URGGH!!

My life has drastically changed since I was diagnosed with CFS in 1992.  In 1994 I left my controlling husband and moved in with my best friend to charge of my life again.  Then in August of 1995 I met a wonderful man whom I dated and then married in 1996.  He has two children from his first marriage and they came to live with us in 1999. Then our son was born in 2001 and our daughter in 2003. 

Over the years, I have learned how to deal with CFS.  There are days where I turn the tv on for the little ones (horror) while the one two are at school or their mom's and I lay on the couch and veg.  And then there are days where I am fine even full of energy and do things with them and even housework.  My husband is wonderful and supports me whether it be dealing with a messy house cause he is working overtime or whether it be helping me clean and with the kids.  This is a support system I didn't have with my ex so though I have more to do I feel better more which I feel is my more positive life.

As for the weight gain, I have always been skinny or at the "correct" weight for my height etc. until ...you guessed it the marriage with the ex whihc of course was magnified by the CFS.  I have been battling it ever since.  The good news is the two pregnancies didn't add any additional weight -- just baby and lost that after they were each born.  I have tried Dr. Phil but I wasn't emotionally ready yet.  I have to go food shopping this weekend and get some salads and fruits etc. to start again.

I just turned 40 and had a tough time dealing with that -- more where I am at at 40 then the actaul number.  I went and bought a new wardrobe that makes me feel sexier then just wearing mom t-shirts...and I got a new hairstyle.  These actions have made me feel more confident and it turns my hubby on too!   I think that know I can tackle the weight again.  I must get out my Dr. Phil Weight Loss Challenge book and recipe book and dust them off! ;-) 

Thanks for listening and I wish everyone weight loss success which I know we can all acheive!  

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 3:50 pm CDT

Hi Nomi ---

Quote From: nominatio1

good to have you on board. Please be patient until the regular posters are all back. I so hope that they are coming back. People were very helpful on this board before all the boards went kaput.
Sorry to hear that yo are having a hard time with CFS. Yes this type of condition can create turmoil never knowing what energy level you are going to experience on any given day.
I found that gradually, I was able to increase my exercise duration and intensity which in turn gives me more energy and I do not have the severe symptoms I used to have with fibromialgia. Also, my doc asked me if I wanted to try an Antidepressant which I finally agreed to. It is a very low dose and I am still in the beginning state so I am waiting to see how it affects me. My Doc told me that it could help with CS and Fibro.
Anyway, post often whether someone is here or not. It helps just to express your self. You wil see. Take good care. Nomi

Thanks for the greeting -- I was beginning to wonder where everyone was... ;-)

I thank goodness never had fibromialgia -- just CFS which is enough.  My motherinlaw who had a car accident some years ago has CFS and has very bad fibro.

I put on my weight dutring the onset of CFS with my inactivity.  I was always a very active person -- I always worked two or more jobs at a time.  Then suddenly I couldn't work at all.  Some days I couldn't even get out of bed.  THrough the years I have progressed and learned to deal with it and relax on bad days -- the housework (or whatever) will alwys be there tomorrow -- it isn't going anywhere!

I started the UWL again today at 220 pounds and my get real weight is 1488-135 as per Dr. Phil's Body Weight Standards.

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
August 1, 2005, 3:51 pm CDT

I hate not being able to edit a message...

above says

"I started the UWL again today at 220 pounds and my get real weight is 1488-135 as per Dr. Phil's Body Weight Standards."

It should say:

"I started the UWL again today at 220 pounds and my get real weight is 148-135 as per Dr. Phil's Body Weight Standards."

Bye for now!

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
August 3, 2005, 8:24 am CDT

Your doll idea has been used by Dr. Phil as well

Quote From: sushimama

Hi Everyone,

Two years ago, I was told that I'd have to teach a molecular biology lab to college students, and let me tell you, I never knew the subject so well until I had to teach it!!  So that made me realize that "teaching" is really the best way to learn something, if that makes any sense at all. 

So this gave me a new idea when it came to teaching my friend's four-year old son how to swim.  I "pretended" that we needed to teach his plastic toy doll how to swim.  I showed him what to do, how to do it, and then said he'd have to teach his doll.  So of course, he had to do it himself, and suddenly seemed to lose a lot of his apprehension.  Within two days, that boy was swimming and so proud that he was able to show his family and friends that he could swim!

Okay, so here's a suggestion for potty training.  Perhaps you could use your child's favorite doll or stuffed animal as an example.  Tell your kid that together, you need to teach this doll how to use the potty like a "big girl/boy" and then pretend to get really excited for the toy when it sits on the toilet, etc.  Pretend to throw it a party or something "BIG" and fun.  I'm sure this will actually take a lot more time and patience than other things, but who knows? 

I'm definitely interested in this topic because I have a 10-month old daughter who will be needing to learn how to do this soon!  I'll try some of these other suggestions, too, and let you all know what works! 

Take care and good luck!

For my son it didn't work because his problem was not peeing in the toilet  -- it was pooping.  He would go and hide so we knew he knew it was happening.  Sometime from February to June (I know this time frame cause he wasn't in school so when he went back he was potty trained.) he just decided to do it himself.  He would tell me he had to go and he still calls for help cleaning himself sometimes but overall he has it down now.  He was keeping dry through the night for months and just having the pooping problem during the day so we started him wearing underwear at night and then he wanted to wear them all the time...

Next I have to train my 2 year old daughter but I hear girls are easier to potty train -- we'll see.  So far, she sits on potty but forgets to take down her pull up but if you get to her and take it off she does go pee in her potty (sometimes even in the toilet!)  My big problem with her and pooping is she takes off the diaper when it is soiled and yesterday she decided to do this when she was supposed to be napping.  I went in to check on her as she was crying not sleeping to find her covered from hair to toes and the crib and walls were done too.  Oh the joys of motherhood! My hubby calls her his little artist....

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 6:52 am CDT

Hi Nomi, Karen, Cherie, Rose and Vicki...

hope I didnt miss anyone. 

I am new to this board since the changes to the entire board.   

As I explained in a previous message I have CFS since 1992.  I found it difficult at times to do exercise when I am having a bad day.  I am trying to follow the keys and I have about 70 pounds to lose. 

Glad to see the board more active as you all can relate. 

Marie 

User Mood
Hyper

Message Emote
blank
August 10, 2005, 6:56 am CDT

Nomi, Karen, Cherie, Rose and Vicki...

and anyone else I missed or has joined since....why did you choose to post here?  What i mean is do you have Diabetes or FMS or CFS etc? 

As I stated I have CFS since 1992.  Look forward to chatting with you and being able to discuss hints of what you do on bad days to stay on "key'. 

Marie 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Return to Message Board