Daily Morning Assignment for 14 DaysYour morning assignment is in part to select something that you can actively, affirmatively do sometime during the day that will accomplish one or more of the following three things:
1. Accomplish one of the specific acts that you previously identified in your Partner Profile that will meet one of the needs of your partner.
2. Relieve tension.
3. Introduce something positive into your relationship. Whatever you choose, it must be something that is observable and discernible by your partner. It could be as simple as a phone call during the day, a hug and kiss in the morning or evening, or an affectionate note tucked into a pocket that addresses one of your partner's needs.
Little things add up. That is why the consistency of programming is so important. Your relationship does not need some dramatic concentrated event as much as it needs a consistent infusion of positive energy and action. Don't be impatient; just put one foot in front of the other, day after day, with simple acts of kindness and attention.
As a second part of your morning assignment each day you are to carry out a simple "concept review" of the principles that you have been working so hard to master.
Get a card and list the following:
1. Your Core of Consciousness
2. The Ten Myths about Relationships
3. The Ten Characteristics of Bad Spirit
4. The Ten Personal Relationship Values
Keep this card close by for the next fourteen days. Today, read over each of the lists and select one item to reread in the book before getting your day under way. For instance, you could select Value 4 from the Personal Relationship Values: "Focus on the Friendship." Read that section in the book again about the importance that friendship has as a foundation to your relationship.