Anxiety Disorder Resources

October 8, 2001

If fear is ruining your life, Dr. Phil suggests that you see a cognitive behaviorist. For more information about anxiety disorders and their treatment, you can contact the following organizations:

National Institute of Mental Health

Anxiety Disorders Association of America

American Psychiatric Association

American Psychological Association

National Anxiety Foundation

Association for the Advancement of Behavior Therapy
305 7th Avenue, Suite 16A
New York, NY 10001
(212) 647-1890

Freedom From Fear
308 Seaview Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10305
(718) 351-1717

Phobics Anonymous
P.O. Box 1180
Palm Springs, C 92263
(760) 322-2673

National Mental Health Consumer's Self-Help Clearinghouse
(800) 553-4539

National Mental Health Association
(800) 969-6642

National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
(800) 950-6264